Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple auto logins
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple auto logins Post 30554 by Bodhi on Wednesday 23rd of October 2002 05:12:33 PM
Old 10-23-2002
Question Multiple auto logins

Not sure how to type this but here it goes . We want to set up auto logins for mutiple 'Nix boxes.

OK here's the deal:
we want to have a 'Nix box that stores a passwd in a variable, then we want other systems to look at that variable and auto login.

Example scripts would be helpful!!!
Thanx in advance!!!

Quote:
Unix is simple. It just takes a genius to understand its simplicity.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with logins

Could someone please tell me what I would have to do so I can dial in to Solaris through a modem and login? Thanks in advance. Jomar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispyco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NVT logins

Hello again! Another thing came up the other day. I've noticed that a few of my "beloved" users who by the way, use NVT (Novell Virtual Terminal) to log in the server, when told to log off, press the power button to shut down their computer, instead of logging off as they should. As a result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logins-logouts

I want a script that checks the logins and logouts in a system.Is there a way to keep the logins and logouts in files and then compare them every e.g. 10 seconds? for tcsh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
1 Replies

4. AIX

Limit logins to 1

Trying to limit 1 login per account... Setup: We have 2 auth logins, one to the AIX (telnet)then into a distribution mgmt software, the users do not have a shell to log into on the AIX itself, so placing a script such as: active=`who | awk '{printf",%s,\n",$1}' | grep ,$LOGNAME, | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheusion
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of multiple logins

How can i get the number of multiple logins of the user those are logged in currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ramkum
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last two logins script

This is the contents of my file: donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:07:58 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:17:36 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:22:29 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:26:39 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:28:01 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:48:49 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:49:33 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: diallo0024
3 Replies

7. Solaris

User Logins

Is the below logins are needed in the machine..... nuucp , uucp ,smmsp , svctag , listen , webservd , ip ( We are not using printers), Can you help in these? Regards, kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumarvg
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for multiple accounts with auto-gen passwords

Hello, I am studying few things on unux and scripting. I need a script to create bulk users in unux. I need some assistance from you for creating 100 or more User IDs using a bash script: Here's my requirements: 1. I need to create 100 or even more user ids of different naming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shelldorado
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disable multiple ssh logins for an OS user in Solaris

Hi folks, I am fairly a beginner when it comes to Solaris OS administration, but part of my job somehow has scope to provide L1-level of OS administration over a few solaris servers. Now, we have a requirement to limit the number of simultaneous ssh logins/sessions to the server, sort of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrcha
0 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)