Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux space problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux space problem Post 30406 by canova on Monday 21st of October 2002 08:19:23 PM
Old 10-21-2002
Question Linux space problem

I am very new to Linux and trying to install Oracle 9.2 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. My problem: /tmp needs to be larger in order to install Oracle. It is 64MB now. How can I resize this? I'm totally confused !!

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with space

I am in the initial stage of learning UNIX. I got PC with Intel SUN SOLARIS S/W. I am planning to install Oracle on the same machine. I have created /export with more than 3gb space, when I have installed the OS. As a Oracle user when I am trying to create a directory I am able to get only 512... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

problem with swap space

I have sun solaris 8 for intell with 128m physiccal ram and swap of 148. Oracle requires to have 512M swap space. Is there a way I can change the swap space on intell machine without repartioning the box:? what if i create a link to /swap from another place???? pls advise Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap Space Problem?

Over the last couple of days my laptop has been stalling terribly on bootup and when starting up applications (even a terminal takes ages to come up) Whilst trying to figure out whats happened I noticed that nothing is being swapped out. Output from top command shows that I have approx 500mb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Everywhere space problem

Solved.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redbeard_06
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space problem in files

Hi, I have a file containing a list of entries. Want to do ls on them. for a in `cat <list.txt>`; do ls $a; done; Now some entries contain spaces. How do i incorporate space in $a. Quoting $a in "" doesn't help. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap space problem

Hy! Recently i had a problem with one of mine Tru64 machines. It started to kill processes because of low amount of swap space. It said that it went below 10 %. But when i ran swapon -s it said: In-use space: 12 % So, the system couldn't accept any new ssh connections plus it killed most of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veccinho
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Space Problem

I have a file which have 2 columns. chris doc,male test,female So in order to store the content of the first column i am doing this :- for line in $( cat $test.csv ); do FIRST_COLUMN_VAR=$( echo $line | cut -d"," -f1 ) SECOND_COLUMN_VAR=$( echo $line | cut -d"," -f2 ) ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris1234
18 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Is Unix/Linux used in space exploration?

I was looking at some Wikipedia articles on spacecrafts and robotic probes and found a reference of an OS named "VxWorks" which I have never heard of before; according to the article this OS has been used in a few NASA projects. So now I'm wondering what OS flavor or branch all those amazing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
8 Replies

9. AIX

Problem space used on AIX 5.3

Hello everyone, Sorry for my English but i'm French. I have a problem on an AIX 5.3 server on the occupation of a file system. When i run a df -m, this is what i get : Filesystem MB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/fslv09 3936.00 340.94 92% 7255 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veis
8 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". After registering, your system can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server" or "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by Red Hat client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)