Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Reference Site Update: Enabled Dates and Times in Posts for Guests Post 303046375 by Neo on Monday 24th of August 2020 05:26:42 AM
Old 08-24-2020
Reference Site Update: Enabled Dates and Times in Posts for Guests

Dear All,

Since this site is now primarily a reference site, I have enabled (re-enabled) dates and times in all posts for guest users.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pull range of dates/times and put into new file

Need to pull from a range of dates/times (ex. 6:00 AM March 3 through 6:00 AM March 4) from a folder and put those file names in a new file to process later. Dates would not be hard dates but dates from the folder directory, how would I do that? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie999
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Site update

Hi All, I have to go to some particular website for every day in backend, so i have created some script to pick that values, Is there any way to know the website updating, Because if site has mod. then my script is not giving proper data, so i need to check once in a day whether the site has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get ALL update dates and hours of a file?

Hello, I have a question please, How could I get ALL update dates and hours of a file ? For example: I modified a file on 09/04/2014 at 7:am for the first time. Then, I modified again the same file on 09/04/2014 at 9 am and finally, I modified the same file again on 10/04/2014 at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurinolo
3 Replies

4. Web Development

CentOS 7 redirecting me to old disabled dev site when removed from sites-enabled

I am having problems accessing a new site I am trying to setup on my CentOS 7 VM. I have added a vhosts file for it, but when I access easydev.com in the browser it continues to redirect me to the old (now disabled) dev site of crmpicco.dev. Is there something wrong with my config? # apachectl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Update: Disabled Home Page Forum Statistics for Guests (Not Registered)

Just a quick update; to speed up the forums, I have disabled the forum statistics on the home page for non registered users. No changes for registered users. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Update on UNIX.COM Site Upgrades (Desktop)

This post is about the "Desktop" view, not "Mobile' ... First of all, I want to thank everyone for all the great comments, error checking and feature suggestions as we modernize the site, step-by-step. Also, thank you for your patience with me when as we make the site better. So far, we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Update(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::DNS::Update(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Update - Create a DNS update packet SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS; $update = new Net::DNS::Update( 'example.com', 'IN' ); $update->push( prereq => nxrrset('foo.example.com. A') ); $update->push( update => rr_add('foo.example.com. 86400 A 192.168.1.2') ); DESCRIPTION
Net::DNS::Update is a subclass of Net::DNS::Packet, to be used for making DNS dynamic updates. Programmers should refer to RFC2136 for dynamic update semantics. WARNING: This code is still under development. Please use with caution on production nameservers. METHODS
new $update = new Net::DNS::Update; $update = new Net::DNS::Update( 'example.com' ); $update = new Net::DNS::Update( 'example.com', 'HS' ); Returns a Net::DNS::Update object suitable for performing a DNS dynamic update. Specifically, it creates a packet with the header opcode set to UPDATE and the zone record type to SOA (per RFC 2136, Section 2.3). Programs must use the push() method to add RRs to the prerequisite, update, and additional sections before performing the update. Arguments are the zone name and the class. If the zone is omitted, the default domain will be taken from the resolver configuration. If the class is omitted, it defaults to IN. EXAMPLES
The first example below shows a complete program; subsequent examples show only the creation of the update packet . Add a new host #!/usr/bin/perl use Net::DNS; # Create the update packet. my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); # Prerequisite is that no A records exist for the name. $update->push( pre => nxrrset('foo.example.com. A') ); # Add two A records for the name. $update->push( update => rr_add('foo.example.com. 86400 A 192.168.1.2') ); $update->push( update => rr_add('foo.example.com. 86400 A 172.16.3.4') ); # Send the update to the zone's primary master. my $resolver = new Net::DNS::Resolver; $resolver->nameservers('primary-master.example.com'); my $reply = $resolver->send($update); # Did it work? if ($reply) { if ( $reply->header->rcode eq 'NOERROR' ) { print "Update succeeded "; } else { print 'Update failed: ', $reply->header->rcode, " "; } } else { print 'Update failed: ', $resolver->errorstring, " "; } Add an MX record for a name that already exists my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); $update->push( prereq => yxdomain('example.com') ); $update->push( update => rr_add('example.com MX 10 mailhost.example.com') ); Add a TXT record for a name that doesn't exist my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); $update->push( prereq => nxdomain('info.example.com') ); $update->push( update => rr_add('info.example.com TXT "yabba dabba doo"') ); Delete all A records for a name my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); $update->push( prereq => yxrrset('foo.example.com A') ); $update->push( update => rr_del('foo.example.com A') ); Delete all RRs for a name my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); $update->push( prereq => yxdomain('byebye.example.com') ); $update->push( update => rr_del('byebye.example.com') ); Perform a DNS update signed using a BIND key file my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); $update->push( update => rr_add('foo.example.com A 10.1.2.3') ); $update->push( update => rr_add('bar.example.com A 10.4.5.6') ); $update->sign_tsig( "$dir/Khmac-sha512.example.com.+165+01018.private" ); The corresponding public key file may also be used: $update->sign_tsig( "$dir/Khmac-sha512.example.com.+165+01018.key" ); Another way to perform a signed update my $key_name = 'tsig-key'; my $key = 'awwLOtRfpGE+rRKF2+DEiw=='; my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); $update->push( update => rr_add('foo.example.com A 10.1.2.3') ); $update->push( update => rr_add('bar.example.com A 10.4.5.6') ); $update->sign_tsig( $key_name, $key ); Perform a signed update with a customized TSIG record my $key_name = 'tsig-key'; my $key = 'awwLOtRfpGE+rRKF2+DEiw=='; my $tsig = new Net::DNS::RR("$key_name TSIG $key"); $tsig->fudge(60); my $update = new Net::DNS::Update('example.com'); $update->push( update => rr_add('foo.example.com A 10.1.2.3') ); $update->push( update => rr_add('bar.example.com A 10.4.5.6') ); $update->push( additional => $tsig ); BUGS
This code is still under development. Please use with caution on production nameservers. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, Net::DNS::Resolver, RFC 2136, RFC 2845 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Update(3)