Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Scheduling job using UNIX "at" command Post 303046356 by Danette on Saturday 2nd of May 2020 08:15:34 AM
Old 05-02-2020
Scheduling job using UNIX "at" command

Am using the at command to schedule a task.

Code:
at now + 30 minutes
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
at> /home/hagbard/chaos/iosafe120/sh/ocr.sh -dns 200 *.pdf<EOT>
job 1 at Sat May  2 14:29:00 2020

How can I know if it is running. And how can I get the output from the script to
show on the terminal when the job starts running?

Last edited by Danette; 05-02-2020 at 09:28 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Commands on Digital Unix equivalent to for "top" and "sar" on other Unix flavour

Hi, We have a DEC Alpha 4100 Server with OSF1 Digital Unix 4.0. Can any one tell me, if there are any commands on this Unix which are equivalent to "top" and "sar" on HP-UX or Sun Solaris ? I am particularly interested in knowing the CPU Load, what process is running on which CPU, etc. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameerdes
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script scheduling problem using "at" command

Hello! I'm writing a shell script that will monitor if a server is up or down. I would like to use the command "at" inside of my script to reschedule the script to run in 2 minutes but I can't pass parameters to my script and this is my problem... This is the idea behind the script: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ben631
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "at" / "Cron" Command New Problem...Need help

Hi All, I am trying to schedule a one time job using the at command with the help of shell script for my project. The shell script should take a parameter as a command line argument from the at command itself. Is it possible to take a command line parameter for a shell script in the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohanraj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling scripts with "at" command

Hi All , I need to create a scheduling capability on one of Linux boxes so that i could some 6 scripts back to back after a gap a given time difference . To run script1 :-- my test1.sh for 3 hrs , followed by 2nd script ,mytest2.sh for 10 hrs , then mystest3.sh for 2 hrs , then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anamica
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
job(n)								 Tnm Tcl Extension							    job(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
job - Invoke Tcl procedures at regular intervals. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The job command provides a convenient mechanism to implement Tcl procedures that are invoked at regular intervals. Jobs are activated from the Tcl event loop. Every job can have arbitrary attributes to store job specific state information between two invocations. These attributes help to avoid global variables in order to keep the Tcl name-space clean. The job scheduler itself relies heavily on the Tcl timer interface which itself depends on the system clock. Moving the system clock back- wards can have the effect that jobs are not activated for the amount of time the system clock was moved backwards. Similarly, moving the system clock forward can have the effect that jobs are activated earlier for the amount of time the system clock was moved forward. JOB COMMAND
The job command allows to create new jobs and to wait for jobs to complete. The job command can also be used to retrieve status information from the job scheduler. job create [option value ...] The job create command creates a new job object. The options can be used to configure the behaviour of the new job. See the config- ure command below for the details. job current The job current command returns the name of the currently running job. An empty string is returned if no job is running. job info The job info command returns a list of all job names. The list will be empty if there are no jobs known in this Tcl interpreter. job schedule The job schedule command invoke the scheduler. This is usually done automatically from the event loop. This command may be used dur- ing long computations since the scheduler is not preemptive. Note, this command can cause arbitrary side effects and should be used with care. job wait The job wait command blocks until all existing jobs have been finished. The command will wait infinitely if there is at least one job left. Events are processed while waiting for the jobs to finish which can have arbitrary side effects. JOB INSTANCE COMMAND
Every job is represented by a job object command which allows to manipulate the job. job# attribute [name [value]] The job# attribute command allows to save job specific data in job attributes. If called without any arguments, all existing attribute names for this job will be returned. If called with a name argument, the current value of the attribute will be returned. Non-existing attributes do not produce an error. Instead, an empty string is returned. Calling the option with a name and a value causes the value to be saved in the job attribute. job# cget option The job# cget command returns the current value of a configuration option. See the description of supported options below. job# configure [option value ...] The job# configure command manipulates configuration options. See the description of supported options below. A list describing all current options is returns if the options argument is missing. job# destroy The job# destroy command destroys the job object. This command forces the object to change into the expired state. The scheduler will cleanup this object the next time it is active. job# wait The job# wait command blocks and processes events until the current job changes into the expired state. JOB OPTIONS
Every job has associated configuration options which control when a job is activated and which Tcl command is bound to the job. -command command The -command option defines the Tcl command that is evaluated whenever the job is activated. -interval time The -interval option defines the time interval between two job activations in milliseconds. -iterations number The -iterations option defines the total number of times that a job is activated. If this value reaches 0, the job will change its state to expired. Note, if the iterations options is never used, it will also have the value 0 but nothing special happens to the job object. -status state The -status option provides access to the current job state. A job is always in one of the states waiting, suspended, running and expired. A job in the expired state will be removed from the system once the scheduler gets activated again. Suspended jobs are not activated by the job scheduler. A suspended job can be resumed by changing its state to running. -time time The -time option returns the number of milliseconds until this job is activated the next time. This option is read-only. SEE ALSO
scotty(1), Tnm(n), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm job(n)