Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Vbox - FreeBSD - get data from pendrive? Post 303046334 by sea on Friday 1st of May 2020 03:40:41 AM
Old 05-01-2020
But that is the issue...
I made the iso -from/off- the USB drive.
(i changed the iso in the maintime to have only 5mb, rather than misleading swarm-iso of ~900mb as the freebsd iso is about 900mb as well.

I was so focused on testing SWARM, that i forgot that I also boot off the cdrom iso image of freebsd...

So the question remains, how do I figure out my USB-drive/iso ?

Please see my edited post above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install FreeBSD without loosing my data?

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

4. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installation of vbox failing

Hi, I am using compaq t5207tu model with 60gb harddisk and 2.5gb RAM.Its dual boot-Windows XP and Solaris. I tried installing SUN xVM on solaris to make client -server architecture (32 bit processor and 32 bit OS ) -guest OS (solaris 10)on host OS(Solaris 10). But whenever i try to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shruti_gupta
1 Replies

7. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus, in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ). Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue. regards, Sanjay :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

9. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies

10. Linux

LM 19.1 from pendrive

I've "installed" LM 19.1 to a PNY 16Gb(2.0) pendrive. I have a few issues that I'd like to resolve. First and foremost, the O.S. experiences "lagging" issues and to a lesser degree, freezing. Example: Complete "boot-up" (from start to complete "home" page) can take upwards of 7 mins. Then when... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
10 Replies
FREEBSD-UPDATE(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 FREEBSD-UPDATE(8)

NAME
freebsd-update -- fetch and install binary updates to FreeBSD SYNOPSIS
freebsd-update [-b basedir] [-d workdir] [-f conffile] [-k KEY] [-r newrelease] [-s server] [-t address] command ... DESCRIPTION
The freebsd-update tool is used to fetch, install, and rollback binary updates to the FreeBSD base system. Note that updates are only avail- able if they are being built for the FreeBSD release and architecture being used; in particular, the FreeBSD Security Team only builds updates for releases shipped in binary form by the FreeBSD Release Engineering Team, e.g., FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE and FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE, but not FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE or FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b basedir Operate on a system mounted at basedir. (default: /, or as given in the configuration file.) -d workdir Store working files in workdir. (default: /var/db/freebsd-update/, or as given in the configuration file.) -f conffile Read configuration options from conffile. (default: /etc/freebsd-update.conf) -k KEY Trust an RSA key with SHA256 of KEY. (default: read value from configuration file.) -r newrelease Specify the new release to which freebsd-update should upgrade (upgrade command only). -s server Fetch files from the specified server or server pool. (default: read value from configuration file.) -t address Mail output of cron command, if any, to address. (default: root, or as given in the configuration file.) COMMANDS
The command can be any one of the following: fetch Based on the currently installed world and the configuration options set, fetch all available binary updates. cron Sleep a random amount of time between 1 and 3600 seconds, then download updates as if the fetch command was used. If updates are downloaded, an email will be sent (to root or a different address if specified via the -t option or in the configuration file). As the name suggests, this command is designed for running from cron(8); the random delay serves to minimize the proba- bility that a large number of machines will simultaneously attempt to fetch updates. upgrade Fetch files necessary for upgrading to a new release. Before using this command, make sure that you read the announcement and release notes for the new release in case there are any special steps needed for upgrading. Note that this command may require up to 500 MB of space in workdir depending on which components of the FreeBSD base system are installed. install Install the most recently fetched updates or upgrade. rollback Uninstall the most recently installed updates. IDS Compare the system against a "known good" index of the installed release. TIPS
o If your clock is set to local time, adding the line 0 3 * * * root /usr/sbin/freebsd-update cron to /etc/crontab will check for updates every night. If your clock is set to UTC, please pick a random time other than 3AM, to avoid overly imposing an uneven load on the server(s) hosting the updates. o In spite of its name, freebsd-update IDS should not be relied upon as an "Intrusion Detection System", since if the system has been tam- pered with it cannot be trusted to operate correctly. If you intend to use this command for intrusion-detection purposes, make sure you boot from a secure disk (e.g., a CD). FILES
/etc/freebsd-update.conf Default location of the freebsd-update configuration file. /var/db/freebsd-update/ Default location where freebsd-update stores temporary files and downloaded updates. SEE ALSO
freebsd-update.conf(5) AUTHORS
Colin Percival <cperciva@FreeBSD.org> FreeBSD July 14, 2010 FreeBSD