Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Vbox - FreeBSD - get data from pendrive? Post 303046333 by RudiC on Friday 1st of May 2020 02:55:55 AM
Old 05-01-2020
Depending on how you copied the .iso to the pen drive, the msdos formatting is gone, and iso9660 would be the FS type of choice. It has many mount options that might help in getting your task done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install FreeBSD without loosing my data?

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

4. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installation of vbox failing

Hi, I am using compaq t5207tu model with 60gb harddisk and 2.5gb RAM.Its dual boot-Windows XP and Solaris. I tried installing SUN xVM on solaris to make client -server architecture (32 bit processor and 32 bit OS ) -guest OS (solaris 10)on host OS(Solaris 10). But whenever i try to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shruti_gupta
1 Replies

7. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus, in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ). Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue. regards, Sanjay :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

9. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies

10. Linux

LM 19.1 from pendrive

I've "installed" LM 19.1 to a PNY 16Gb(2.0) pendrive. I have a few issues that I'd like to resolve. First and foremost, the O.S. experiences "lagging" issues and to a lesser degree, freezing. Example: Complete "boot-up" (from start to complete "home" page) can take upwards of 7 mins. Then when... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
10 Replies
BHYVELOAD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      BHYVELOAD(8)

NAME
bhyveload -- load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve virtual machine SYNOPSIS
bhyveload [-c cons-dev] [-d disk-path] [-e name=value] [-h host-path] [-m mem-size] vmname DESCRIPTION
bhyveload is used to load a FreeBSD guest inside a bhyve(4) virtual machine. bhyveload is based on loader(8) and will present an interface identical to the FreeBSD loader on the user's terminal. The virtual machine is identified as vmname and will be created if it does not already exist. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -c cons-dev cons-dev is a tty(4) device to use for bhyveload terminal I/O. The text string "stdio" is also accepted and selects the use of unbuffered standard I/O. This is the default value. -d disk-path The disk-path is the pathname of the guest's boot disk image. -e name=value Set the FreeBSD loader environment variable name to value. The option may be used more than once to set more than one environment variable. -h host-path The host-path is the directory at the top of the guest's boot filesystem. -m mem-size [K|k|M|m|G|g|T|t] mem-size is the amount of memory allocated to the guest. The mem-size argument may be suffixed with one of K, M, G or T (either upper or lower case) to indicate a multiple of Kilobytes, Megabytes, Gigabytes or Terabytes respectively. The default value of mem-size is 256M. EXAMPLES
To create a virtual machine named freebsd-vm that boots off the ISO image /freebsd/release.iso and has 1GB memory allocated to it: bhyveload -m 1G -d /freebsd/release.iso freebsd-vm To create a virtual machine named test-vm with 256MB of memory allocated, the guest root filesystem under the host directory /user/images/test and terminal I/O sent to the nmdm(4) device /dev/nmdm1B bhyveload -m 256MB -h /usr/images/test -c /dev/nmdm1B test-vm SEE ALSO
bhyve(4), nmdm(4), vmm(4), bhyve(8), loader(8) HISTORY
bhyveload first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0, and was developed at NetApp Inc. AUTHORS
bhyveload was developed by Neel Natu <neel@FreeBSD.org> at NetApp Inc with a lot of help from Doug Rabson <dfr@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
bhyveload can only load FreeBSD as a guest. BSD
January 7, 2012 BSD