Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Vbox - FreeBSD - get data from pendrive? Post 303046332 by sea on Friday 1st of May 2020 02:44:08 AM
Old 05-01-2020
Figured...
Eventhough the REAL fs is msdosfs... I had to mount it as cd9660... because it got 'assigned' to /dev/cd0...

EDIT:
I wish.... sometimes I'm too fast on reporting success Smilie
It was a valid image.. but it's the BSD image I booted the VM off, NOT the usb-image i had expected.

Now Im looking to figure the 'real' usb-link to my hosts-iso...
Vbox - FreeBSD - get data from pendrive?-bsd-gpart-list2jpg

Last edited by sea; 05-01-2020 at 04:26 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install FreeBSD without loosing my data?

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

helo how to mount pendrive on redhat 9

helo my sysem is running on redhat 9. now i want to take data from redhat 9 pc to pen drive. but when i plug it it is not detected. can u tell me how to mount pendrive on redhat9. amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot from a pendrive

Can anybody explane 'How to boot from a pendrive' ?Is it possible to load Operating System from a pendrive----? How? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajith kumar.G
5 Replies

4. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files unto a usb pendrive/external disk from Solaris 9

Hi all, Can anybody help me with how I can connect a usb pendrive or external disk to a Sun Server which runs on Solaris 9? I am able to connect the usb drive to a windows server easily and copy files but am wondering if it is possible to do that with Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installation of vbox failing

Hi, I am using compaq t5207tu model with 60gb harddisk and 2.5gb RAM.Its dual boot-Windows XP and Solaris. I tried installing SUN xVM on solaris to make client -server architecture (32 bit processor and 32 bit OS ) -guest OS (solaris 10)on host OS(Solaris 10). But whenever i try to install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shruti_gupta
1 Replies

7. SCO

mount the pendrive on the unixware 7.1.4

please let me know how to mount the pendrive on the unixware (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to acces my pendrive in linux

Hi Gurus, in linux I am unable to access my pendrive(i am even not seeing the icon or location for my pendrive ). Please anyany could help me to get rid of this issue. regards, Sanjay :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

9. Slackware

Which USB pendrive image to install Slackware on an old AMD K6 3D ?

Holla, I have been trying to install a recent distro, with a minimum X such as jwm, but unfortunately my cdrom is broken and I can only boot the USB port, with a pendrive. AMD K6 3D is today too old for being for linux. Is there an image of slackware than runs that processor and that can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor34
5 Replies

10. Linux

LM 19.1 from pendrive

I've "installed" LM 19.1 to a PNY 16Gb(2.0) pendrive. I have a few issues that I'd like to resolve. First and foremost, the O.S. experiences "lagging" issues and to a lesser degree, freezing. Example: Complete "boot-up" (from start to complete "home" page) can take upwards of 7 mins. Then when... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
10 Replies
c1541(1)						      General Commands Manual							  c1541(1)

NAME
c1541 - a stand alone disk image maintenance program SYNOPSIS
c1541 [options] [image] DESCRIPTION
c1541 is a stand alone program that can be used for D64, D71, D81, X64 and G64 disk image file maintenance. It is part of the VICE emula- tor. c1541 can be used both in interactive and batch mode. It will start in interactive mode if no images and no options are specified or if one image is specified; when started in interactive mode, command line editing and command history are available. Each command line option for use in batch mode has an interactive mode counterpart, that is shown in parenthesis. -attach image (attach image) attach image for use. All consequent commands in interactive mode will refer to this image. -detach image (detach image) detach image from c1541. -format image (format image 'name,id') format the disk image image with the specified label. image is created if it does not exist. -delete image files... (delete files...) delete files from image -list image (list) list directory of image. -validate image (validate) validate mage. -copy image oldname1 [oldname2...] newname (copy oldname1 [oldname2...] newname) concatenate oldname1, oldname2... into newname on image (can be used to copy files). -create image dump ['descr'] (create image dump ['descr'] build image from raw dump file dump (i.e. convert from D64 to X64 file). -tape image tapeimage [files...] (tape image tapeimage [files...]) transfer files from tapeimage to image (default is all files). -read image 1541name [fsname] (read 1541name [fsname]) extract 1541name from the disk image into fsname (1541name by default) from image. -extract image (extract). extract all files from image. -write image fsname [1541name] (write fsname [1541name]) write fsname to image as 1541name (fsname by default). (works with P00 files as well). -block [drive:] [track] [sector] [disp] (block [drive:] [track] [sector] [disp]) show disk blocks in hex format. -info image ['descr'] (info ['descr']) show version information about image. When more than one command is specified in batch mode, all of them are executed in the same order they have on the command line. If you use - as a file name, it stands for stdin or stdout. SEE ALSO
VICE(1), petcat(1) AUTHORS
Teemu Rantanen <tvr@cs.hut.fi> Ettore Perazzoli <ettore@comm2000.it> Andreas Boose <boose@linux.rz.fh-hannover.de> Jouko Valta <jopi@stekt.oulu.fi> with improvements by Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl> Gerhard Wesp <gwesp@cosy.sbg.ac.at> VICE
January 1999 c1541(1)