Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to ignore No such file or directory on the output? Post 303046292 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 30th of April 2020 01:35:20 AM
Old 04-30-2020
That globally suppresses all error messages.
You can suppress them for specific commands only, for example
Code:
df -kP 2> /dev/null

Suppress the expected.
If unexpected things happen then error messages are helpful, otherwise you might get wrong output silently.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a sh script to spool directory and modify the output (Oracle cnt file)

Hi, I'm creating a shell script to dynamically create a recreate controlfile for an Oracle database. I need to read a cold backup file system, and make some changes to these files. Let's say for argument sake the directory name is /ebsprod_c/oradata and it looks like this:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob questions.. Append output to a file in different directory

Noob question! I know almost nothing so far, and I'm trying to teach myself from books, on a typical command line without using scripts how would I append output from a sort to a file in a completely different directory? example: If I'm sorting a file in my documents directory but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find: ignore directory completely

Hello, I know find can be prevented from recursing into directories with something like the following... find . -name .svn -prune -a type d But how can I completely prevent directories of a certain name (.svn) from being displayed at all, the top level and the children? I really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwb123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory using grep....plz ...

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt Code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt msisdn ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with ignore directory

Dear All, I am using find command find /my_rep/*/RKYPROOF/*/*/WDM/HOME_INT/PWD_DATA -name rk*myguidelines*.pdf -print The problem i am facing here is find /my_rep/*/ the directory after my_rep could be mice001, mice002 and mice001_PO, mice002_PO i want to ignore mice***_PO directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore garbage output file

Hi All, below is my shell script #!/bin/sh set -x echo "test for multiple values" UIDPSWD=`cat /projects/feeds/twest/uidpswd` echo "oracle connection test" full=/projects/feeds/twest/test_file values=`cut -d'|' -f1 $full|sed -e "s/.*/'&'/" -e 's/$/,/g' -e '$s/,$//'` sqlplus $UIDPSWD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Applying the same awk over a directory of files with individual file output

I am trying to apply an awk action over multiple files in a directory. It is a simple action, I want to print out the 1st 2 columns (i.e. $1 and $2) in each tab-separated document and output the result in a new file *.pp This is the awk that I have come up with so far, which is not giving me a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX find ignore directory

I am using aix. I would like to ignore the /u directory. I tried this but it is not working. find / -type f -type d \( -path /u \) -prune -o -name '*rpm*' 2>/dev/null /u/appx/ls.rpm /u/arch/vim.rpm (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)