Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to ignore No such file or directory on the output? Post 303046280 by nezabudka on Wednesday 29th of April 2020 02:49:36 PM
Old 04-29-2020
Hi
Try closing the stderr descriptor at the beginning of the script.
Code:
exec 2>&-

or redirect
Code:
exec 2> /dev/null

This User Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a sh script to spool directory and modify the output (Oracle cnt file)

Hi, I'm creating a shell script to dynamically create a recreate controlfile for an Oracle database. I need to read a cold backup file system, and make some changes to these files. Let's say for argument sake the directory name is /ebsprod_c/oradata and it looks like this:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: exm
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Noob questions.. Append output to a file in different directory

Noob question! I know almost nothing so far, and I'm trying to teach myself from books, on a typical command line without using scripts how would I append output from a sort to a file in a completely different directory? example: If I'm sorting a file in my documents directory but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find: ignore directory completely

Hello, I know find can be prevented from recursing into directories with something like the following... find . -name .svn -prune -a type d But how can I completely prevent directories of a certain name (.svn) from being displayed at all, the top level and the children? I really... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nwb123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory using grep....plz ...

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt Code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some Help for file filteration and saving the output in other directory

Hi all........ Plss do help me.......in a big trouble... :wall::wall::wall: I have 3 directories named as :1. /home/shuchi/source 2./home/shuchi/destination 3./home/shuchi/filter now the problem is /home/shuchi/source has say 2 files with extension .txt as given below : A.txt msisdn ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with ignore directory

Dear All, I am using find command find /my_rep/*/RKYPROOF/*/*/WDM/HOME_INT/PWD_DATA -name rk*myguidelines*.pdf -print The problem i am facing here is find /my_rep/*/ the directory after my_rep could be mice001, mice002 and mice001_PO, mice002_PO i want to ignore mice***_PO directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore garbage output file

Hi All, below is my shell script #!/bin/sh set -x echo "test for multiple values" UIDPSWD=`cat /projects/feeds/twest/uidpswd` echo "oracle connection test" full=/projects/feeds/twest/test_file values=`cut -d'|' -f1 $full|sed -e "s/.*/'&'/" -e 's/$/,/g' -e '$s/,$//'` sqlplus $UIDPSWD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Applying the same awk over a directory of files with individual file output

I am trying to apply an awk action over multiple files in a directory. It is a simple action, I want to print out the 1st 2 columns (i.e. $1 and $2) in each tab-separated document and output the result in a new file *.pp This is the awk that I have come up with so far, which is not giving me a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX find ignore directory

I am using aix. I would like to ignore the /u directory. I tried this but it is not working. find / -type f -type d \( -path /u \) -prune -o -name '*rpm*' 2>/dev/null /u/appx/ls.rpm /u/arch/vim.rpm (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
BNPROXY(1)							BNETD User's Manual							BNPROXY(1)

NAME
bnproxy - bnetd tracking daemon SYNOPSIS
bntrackd [options] DESCRIPTION
bntrackd is a simple daemon which will listen for UDP announcement packets sent by bnetd(1) servers. The list of servers and their statis- tics is written to a text file an optionally processed by an external program. A perl(1) script is provided which processes this informa- tion to produce an HTML document suitable for display on the web. bnetd(1) servers must be configured to report to tracking servers. The bnetd.conf(5) file allows for multiple tracking servers to be listed separated by commas. The master server is track.bnetd.org. Please consider including that server in your configuration. OPTIONS
-c --command Run the specified command after writing server information to outfile. If this option is not specified, the command "scripts/process.pl" is executed from the directory that bntrackd was started. If an empty string is provided for command, no com- mand will be executed. -e --expire Set the period of time in seconds to keep server information without receiving new updates. If this option is not specified, 600 seconds is used. -d --debug Place additional informational messages in the event log. -h --help --usage Print usage information and exit. -l --logfile Put the event log messages into the specified file. If this option is not specified, the file "logs/bntrackd.log" will be written from the directory that bntrackd was started. If an empty string is provided for logfile, no event messages will be written. -o --outfile Put the server information into the specified file outfile.. -p --port Listen for announcements on the specified UDP port number. If this option is not specified, the port number defaults to 6114. -P --pidfile Record the process ID of the tracking daemon in the specified file. If this option is not specified, this information is not writ- ten to any file. -u --update Set the period of time in seconds between updates of the outfile. If this option is not specified, 150 seconds is used. -v --version Causes bntrackd to print its version number and exit. NOTES
The current version is available at: http://www.bnetd.org/ SEE ALSO
bnetd(1), perl(1) AUTHOR
Ross Combs (ross@bnetd.org) BNETD
12 September, 2000 BNPROXY(1)