Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046264 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 11:25:12 PM
Old 04-29-2020
Hi Dennis,

I think we are done with this odd encoding issue for now.

We need to stick with the plan of comparing old to new, with links for each; but we are moving off that target so let's call this task done.

Thanks for your help.

If anyone has links to posts in the new forums which have errors which are not in the old forums, please post both links and let me know what you found comparing old and new. Let's stick to my instruction of testing "bottom up" which means comparing the old with the new, posting the two links to each one (old and new) with details of what is different.

Continue here: Please Help Integrity Test New Discourse Forums V2

Otherwise, let's move on to other tasks.

Thanks so much for your help again!

I am going close this sidebar issues thread on encoding because people are not providing links to old versus new, but are posting information with no links to compare, so please forgive me for pointing this out, but if people are going to not follow our testing instructions and are going to post without posting links to old v. new, then it's best we stop and move on to other tasks. This testing phase is not about "speculation". It is brute force, bottom up testing.

Anyway, I'm done with this side bar task for now.. I know exactly what the issues are related to this encoding issue. Most originate from in the original forums and the vast majority of those are spam posts which are not public. I'm not going to waste time cleansing spam, LOL nor writing code for remote outliers caused by strange encoding issues originating in old forums.

Thanks again for all the great testing, everyone!

Great job!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
PKI --ISSUE(8)							    strongSwan							    PKI --ISSUE(8)

NAME
pki --issue - Issue a certificate using a CA certificate and key SYNOPSIS
pki --issue [--in file] [--type type] --cakey file|--cakeyid hex --cacert file [--dn subject-dn] [--san subjectAltName] [--lifetime days] [--serial hex] [--flag flag] [--digest digest] [--ca] [--crl uri [--crlissuer issuer]] [--ocsp uri] [--pathlen len] [--nc- permitted name] [--nc-excluded name] [--policy-mapping mapping] [--policy-explicit len] [--policy-inhibit len] [--policy-any len] [--cert-policy oid [--cps-uri uri] [--user-notice text]] [--outform encoding] [--debug level] pki --issue --options file pki --issue -h | --help DESCRIPTION
This sub-command of pki(1) is used to issue a certificate using a CA certificate and private key. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print usage information with a summary of the available options. -v, --debug level Set debug level, default: 1. -+, --options file Read command line options from file. -i, --in file Public key or PKCS#10 certificate request file to issue. If not given the key/request is read from STDIN. -t, --type type Type of the input. Either pub for a public key, or pkcs10 for a PKCS#10 certificate request, defaults to pub. -k, --cakey file CA private key file. Either this or --cakeyid is required. -x, --cakeyid hex Key ID of a CA private key on a smartcard. Either this or --cakey is required. -c, --cacert file CA certificate file. Required. -d, --dn subject-dn Subject distinguished name (DN) of the issued certificate. -a, --san subjectAltName subjectAltName extension to include in certificate. Can be used multiple times. -l, --lifetime days Days the certificate is valid, default: 1095. -s, --serial hex Serial number in hex. It is randomly allocated by default. -e, --flag flag Add extendedKeyUsage flag. One of serverAuth, clientAuth, crlSign, or ocspSigning. Can be used multiple times. -g, --digest digest Digest to use for signature creation. One of md5, sha1, sha224, sha256, sha384, or sha512. Defaults to sha1. -f, --outform encoding Encoding of the created certificate file. Either der (ASN.1 DER) or pem (Base64 PEM), defaults to der. -b, --ca Include CA basicConstraint extension in certificate. -u, --crl uri CRL distribution point URI to include in certificate. Can be used multiple times. -I, --crlissuer issuer Optional CRL issuer for the CRL at the preceding distribution point. -o, --ocsp uri OCSP AuthorityInfoAccess URI to include in certificate. Can be used multiple times. -p, --pathlen len Set path length constraint. -n, --nc-permitted name Add permitted NameConstraint extension to certificate. -N, --nc-excluded name Add excluded NameConstraint extension to certificate. -M, --policy-mapping issuer-oid:subject-oid Add policyMapping from issuer to subject OID. -E, --policy-explicit len Add requireExplicitPolicy constraint. -H, --policy-inhibit len Add inhibitPolicyMapping constraint. -A, --policy-any len Add inhibitAnyPolicy constraint. Certificate Policy Multiple certificatePolicy extensions can be added. Each with the following information: -P, --cert-policy oid OID to include in certificatePolicy extension. Required. -C, --cps-uri uri Certification Practice statement URI for certificatePolicy. -U, --user-notice text User notice for certificatePolicy. EXAMPLES
To save repetitive typing, command line options can be stored in files. Lets assume pki.opt contains the following contents: --cacert ca_cert.der --cakey ca_key.der --digest sha256 --flag serverAuth --lifetime 1460 --type pkcs10 Then the following command can be used to issue a certificate based on a given PKCS#10 certificate request and the options above: pki --issue --options pki.opt --in req.der > cert.der SEE ALSO
pki(1) 5.1.1 2013-08-12 PKI --ISSUE(8)