Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046253 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 08:55:47 AM
Old 04-28-2020
I just edited the old title.... using the double quotes on my key board.

Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration-screen-shot-2020-04-28-75157-pmjpg

This is more-than-likely not about 7 / 8 bit ASCII, it is more-than-likely about UTF-8 and UTF-16.

See also: What is the difference between UTF-8 and UTF-16? - Quora

See also: Comparison of Unicode encodings - Wikipedia
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding(3pm)

NAME
Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding - Unicode aware Catalyst SYNOPSIS
use Catalyst qw[Unicode::Encoding]; MyApp->config( encoding => 'UTF-8' ); # A valid Encode encoding DESCRIPTION
On request, decodes all params from encoding into a sequence of logical characters. On response, encodes body into encoding. METHODS
encoding Returns an instance of an "Encode" encoding print $c->encoding->name OVERLOADED METHODS
finalize_headers Encodes body into encoding. prepare_uploads Decodes parameters, query_parameters, body_parameters and filenames in file uploads into a sequence of logical characters. prepare_action Decodes request arguments (i.e. "$c->request->arguments") and captures (i.e. "$c->request->captures"). setup Setups "$c->encoding" with encoding specified in "$c->config->{encoding}". handle_unicode_encoding_exception ($exception_context) Method called when decoding process for a request fails. An $exception_context hashref is provided to allow you to override the behaviour of your application when given data with incorrect encodings. The default method throws exceptions in the case of invalid request parameters (resulting in a 500 error), but ignores errors in upload filenames. The keys passed in the $exception_context hash are: param_value The value which was not able to be decoded. error_msg The exception recieved from Encode. encoding_step What type of data was being decoded. Valid values are (currently) "params" - for request parameters / arguments / captures and "uploads" - for request upload filenames. SEE ALSO
Encode, Encode::Encoding, Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode, Catalyst. AUTHORS
Christian Hansen, "ch@ngmedia.com" Masahiro Chiba Tomas Doran, "bobtfish@bobtfish.net" LICENSE
This library is free software . You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-09 Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding(3pm)