Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Does AT&T still develop UNIX? There is no information about this at all Post 303046249 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 08:34:48 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by nead0n
But does AT&T and bell labs still maintain it
No. The UNIX standard (not operational software, only standards) is maintained by the Open Group.

The Open Group

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix develop environment

hi! i am Carlos i study @ UABC (Autonomy University of Baja California)... i have a final project.... i need to make a presentation of the new... unix develop environment... but... i have some problems with that.... could you tell me something to help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nx GT-R
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Some Sweeping, General Information from AT&T

Click here. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need information about System V & Berkley Syntax for Unix

Hi, Can somebody give me some information on System V & Berkley's Unix formats. Any link will be helpful. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to develop C program using UNIX command

hai friend, I am new to linux... I have to develop C program using unix command and i know the SYSTEM command.. But i need other then SYSTEM comand, plz send me the sample code.... Thank you.. sundar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying file information using awk & grep

Hi, TASK 1: I have been using this code to print the information of files kept at "/castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja" in some text file name FILE.txt. rfdir /castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja | grep data | awk '{print "rfio:///castor/cern.ch/user/s/sudha/forPooja/"$9}' > FILE.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the Header & footer Information to the Outfile.

Hi I am writing a perl script which checks for the specific column values from a file and writes to the OUT file. So the feed file has a header information and footer information. I header information isaround107 lines i.e. Starts with START-OF-FILE ....... so on .... ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me in the right direction to develop application for UNIX/Linux

Hi all, Am good in C & C++, i just joined as a fresher in a French IT company. In my own interest and love towards Linux and open source. i want to develop as much as applications for linux. i got the basic training on linux commands, and currently am working really hard to gain more... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
11 Replies
GETPEEREID(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     GETPEEREID(3)

NAME
getpeereid -- get the effective credentials of a UNIX-domain peer LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int getpeereid(int s, uid_t *euid, gid_t *egid); DESCRIPTION
The getpeereid() function returns the effective user and group IDs of the peer connected to a UNIX-domain socket. The argument s must be a UNIX-domain socket (unix(4)) of type SOCK_STREAM on which either connect(2) or listen(2) have been called. The effective used ID is placed in euid, and the effective group ID in egid. The credentials returned to the listen(2) caller are those of its peer at the time it called connect(2); the credentials returned to the connect(2) caller are those of its peer at the time it called listen(2). This mechanism is reliable; there is no way for either side to influence the credentials returned to its peer except by calling the appropriate system call (i.e., either connect(2) or listen(2)) under different effective credentials. One common use of this routine is for a UNIX-domain server to verify the credentials of its client. Likewise, the client can verify the cre- dentials of the server. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
On FreeBSD, getpeereid() is implemented in terms of the LOCAL_PEERCRED unix(4) socket option. RETURN VALUES
The getpeereid() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
The getpeereid() function fails if: [EBADF] The argument s is not a valid descriptor. [ENOTSOCK] The argument s is a file, not a socket. [ENOTCONN] The argument s does not refer to a socket on which connect(2) or listen(2) have been called. [EINVAL] The argument s does not refer to a socket of type SOCK_STREAM, or the kernel returned invalid data. SEE ALSO
connect(2), getpeername(2), getsockname(2), getsockopt(2), listen(2), unix(4) HISTORY
The getpeereid() function appeared in FreeBSD 4.6. BSD
July 15, 2001 BSD