Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046243 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 08:03:21 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Here ya go.....

Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration-screen-shot-2020-04-28-65612-pmjpg

This is an encoding issue with an old post in the PHP vB3 app.

The encoding of the title DB field from years ago is not specified because the designers of vB 15+ years ago did not think people would post such non-standard chars in titles of posts.

It is correct in discourse, in this case, and wrong in vB3, which is very interesting.

find . -name “*.*” | xargs grep "help" - UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers - UNIX.COM Community

Isn't that how you see it?

It looks flawless in the new post in my browser.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
gnome-keyboard-properties(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-keyboard-properties(1)

NAME
gnome-keyboard-properties - configure GNOME keyboard preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-keyboard-properties [--apply] [--init-session-settings] [--get-legacy] [--typing-break] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME keyboard preference tool enables you to select autorepeat settings for your keyboard, and the cursor blinking rate. The Keyboard preference tool also enables you to launch the Keyboard accessibility preference tool. See gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1) for more information. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --apply Apply the settings and quit (supported for backwards compatibility only) --init-session-settings Just apply settings and quit (supported for backwards compatibility only) --get-legacy Retrieve and store legacy settings --typing-break Starts with the typing break tab showing. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-keyboard-properties tool example% gnome-keyboard-properties EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-keyboard-properties Executable for gnome-keyboard-properties ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-prefs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-control-center(1), gnome-keybinding-properties(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-keyboard-properties(1)