Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046242 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 07:59:40 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Yes, sure, I need time to think about this too. A lot of head scratching coming on.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
GIT-CHERRY(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-CHERRY(1)

NAME
       git-cherry - Find commits yet to be applied to upstream

SYNOPSIS
       git cherry [-v] [<upstream> [<head> [<limit>]]]

DESCRIPTION
       Determine whether there are commits in <head>..<upstream> that are equivalent to those in the range <limit>..<head>.

The equivalence test is based on the diff, after removing whitespace and line numbers. git-cherry therefore detects when commits have been
       "copied" by means of git-cherry-pick(1), git-am(1) or git-rebase(1).

Outputs the SHA1 of every commit in <limit>..<head>, prefixed with - for commits that have an equivalent in <upstream>, and + for commits
       that do not.

OPTIONS
       -v
	   Show the commit subjects next to the SHA1s.

<upstream>
	   Upstream branch to search for equivalent commits. Defaults to the upstream branch of HEAD.

<head>
	   Working branch; defaults to HEAD.

<limit>
	   Do not report commits up to (and including) limit.

EXAMPLES
   Patch workflows
       git-cherry is frequently used in patch-based workflows (see gitworkflows(7)) to determine if a series of patches has been applied by the
       upstream maintainer. In such a workflow you might create and send a topic branch like this:

$ git checkout -b topic origin/master
	   # work and create some commits
	   $ git format-patch origin/master
	   $ git send-email ... 00*

Later, you can see whether your changes have been applied by saying (still on topic):

$ git fetch	# update your notion of origin/master
	   $ git cherry -v

Concrete example
       In a situation where topic consisted of three commits, and the maintainer applied two of them, the situation might look like:

$ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic
	   * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit
	   [... snip some other commits ...]
	   * cccc111 cherry-pick of C
	   * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A
	   [... snip a lot more that has happened ...]
	   | * cccc000 (topic) commit C
	   | * bbbb000 commit B
	   | * aaaa000 commit A
	   |/
	   o 1234567 branch point

In such cases, git-cherry shows a concise summary of what has yet to be applied:

$ git cherry origin/master topic
	   - cccc000... commit C
	   + bbbb000... commit B
	   - aaaa000... commit A

Here, we see that the commits A and C (marked with -) can be dropped from your topic branch when you rebase it on top of origin/master,
       while the commit B (marked with +) still needs to be kept so that it will be sent to be applied to origin/master.

Using a limit
       The optional <limit> is useful in cases where your topic is based on other work that is not in upstream. Expanding on the previous example,
       this might look like:

$ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic
	   * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit
	   [... snip some other commits ...]
	   * cccc111 cherry-pick of C
	   * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A
	   [... snip a lot more that has happened ...]
	   | * cccc000 (topic) commit C
	   | * bbbb000 commit B
	   | * aaaa000 commit A
	   | * 0000fff (base) unpublished stuff F
	   [... snip ...]
	   | * 0000aaa unpublished stuff A
	   |/
	   o 1234567 merge-base between upstream and topic

By specifying base as the limit, you can avoid listing commits between base and topic:

$ git cherry origin/master topic base
	   - cccc000... commit C
	   + bbbb000... commit B
	   - aaaa000... commit A

SEE ALSO
       git-patch-id(1)

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							     GIT-CHERRY(1)