Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046237 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 07:44:01 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Whoa, hang on a minute........

I'm talking about the thread title. Is your migrated thread title reading correctly? If so, that's news.

My thread title shown is screwed.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
pthread_nsg_attach(3)					     Library Functions Manual					     pthread_nsg_attach(3)

NAME
pthread_nsg_attach - Attaches a thread to a NUMA Scheduling Group (libpthread library) SYNOPSIS
#include <numa.h> int pthread_nsg_attach( nsgid_t nsg, pthread_t thread, long flags ); PARAMETERS
Specifies the NUMA Scheduling Group (NSG) to which the thread will belong. Identifies the thread to attach to the NSG. Specifies options (bit mask) that affect the attachment. See DESCRIPTION for details. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_nsg_attach() function attaches the thread specified by the thread argument to a NUMA Scheduling Group (NSG) specified by the nsg argument. An NSG is a set of processes and/or threads that will be constrained to reside on the same Resource Affinity Domain (RAD). That is, the "home RAD" for all of the processes/threads in an NSG will be the same, and the entire group will be migrated together, if at all. The thread specified by thread will be removed from any NSG of which it might currently be a member, before being added to the speci- fied NSG. If the specified thread resides on a different RAD, the thread will be reassigned to a single RAD. The home RAD for the thread will be selected as follows: If the specified NSG already has processes/threads attached, the home RAD for the specified thread will be the home RAD for that NSG. If the specified NSG is empty, the home RAD for the thread will be selected based on the setting of the flags argument. The following options are defined for the flags argument: The requested attachment and any implied reassignments are mandatory, overriding any prior binding of the specified thread. If this option is not set, and the thread is bound (RAD_INSIST) to a different RAD such that the system cannot honor the request, the request will fail. The thread has small memory requirements, so the system should favor (for the home RAD) those RADs with light CPU loads, independent of their available memory. This flag applies only when attaching to an empty NSG. The thread has large memory requirements, so the system should favor (for the home RAD) those RADs with more available memory, independent of their CPU loads. This flag only applies when attaching to an empty NSG. Arrange for the existing memory (stack pages) of a thread that is assigned a new home RAD to be migrated to the new RAD. If omitted, only newly allocated pages will be allocated on the new home RAD. Exist- ing pages will migrate if/when they experience a high rate of remote cache misses. Migration will occur only for pages-in-memory objects that have inherited the process's default memory allocation policy. Wait for the requested memory migration to be completed. Effectively, this flag specifies "migrate now!". RETURN VALUES
Success. Failure. In this case, the returned integer indicates the type of error. Possible errors include the following: The caller does not have execute permission required to attach the thread based on the NSG's permissions. The thread specified by thread is hard attached (RAD_INSIST) to RADs or has memory wired (locked) on its current RAD such that it cannot be migrated to the common RAD selected for the NSG. The value of the flags argument is invalid. NSG_INSIST and NSG_MIGRATE were specified and no RAD can be found with sufficient memory to accommodate the resulting group. The thread specified by the thread argument does not exist. ERRORS
None. SEE ALSO
Functions: nsg_attach_pid(3), nsg_get(3), numa_intro(3) Files: numa_types(4) pthread_nsg_attach(3)