Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046237 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 07:44:01 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Whoa, hang on a minute........

I'm talking about the thread title. Is your migrated thread title reading correctly? If so, that's news.

My thread title shown is screwed.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
Refs(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Refs(3pm)

NAME
SGMLS::Refs - Forward reference handling SYNOPSIS
use SGMLS::Refs; To create a new reference-manager object using the file "foo.refs": my $refs = new SGMLS::Refs("foo.refs"); To create a new reference-manager object using the file "foo.refs" and logging changes to the file "foo.log": my $refs = new SGMLS::Refs("foo.refs","foo.log"); To record a reference: $refs->put("document title",$title); To retrieve a reference: $title = $refs->get("document title"); To return the number of references changed since the last run: $num = $refs->changed; To print a LaTeX-like warning if any references have changed: $refs->warn; DESCRIPTION
This library can be used together with the SGMLS package to keep track of forward references from one run to another, like the LaTeX ".aux" files. Each reference manager is an object which reads and then rewrites a file of perl source, with the file name provided by the caller. Example: # Start up the reference manager before the parse. sgml('start', sub { $refs = new SGMLS::Refs("foo.refs"); }); # Warn about any changed references at the end. sgml('end', sub { $refs->warn; }); # Look up the title from the last parse, if available. sgml('<div>', sub { my $element = shift; my $id = $element->attribute(ID)->value; my $title = $refs->get("title:$id") || "[no title available]"; $current_div_id = $id; output "\section{$title} "; }); # Save the title for the next parse. sgml('<head>', sub { push_output('string'); }); sgml('</head>', sub { my $title = pop_output(); my $id = $current_div_id; $refs->put("title:$id",$title); }); AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 and 1995 by David Megginson, "dmeggins@aix1.uottawa.ca". Distributed under the terms of the Gnu General Public License (version 2, 1991) -- see the file "COPYING" which is included in the SGMLS.pm distribution. SEE ALSO
: SGMLS, SGMLS::Output. perl v5.8.8 2004-02-22 Refs(3pm)