Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirect and append output to different files Post 303046228 by Sumanthsv on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 06:29:05 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Thanks a lot. Its working fine..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append and redirect

Can somebody please explain to me what redirection (>) and append are? What is the difference between > and >>? Thank-you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect output to multiple files.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and have a question. I would like to redirect the output of a command to multiple files, each file holding the exact same copy. From what I read from the bash manpage and from some searching it seems it cannot be done within the shell except setting up a loop. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbkihong
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect output(error and normal) to 2 different files

Hello, I have a java program which i am calling in shell script. I wanted to redirect output to 2 differetn files. Output should have both 1 & 2 (normal and error) in both file. pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically redirect output to duplicate files ???

Hi There are many posts in this forum regarding reditecting output, but mine is a different problem, please have a look. My shell script is redirecting output to a log file dynamically. That is it is using - exec > log1.txt 2>&1 Hence all the traces are appearing in the log1.txt. I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

output redirect

Hi i am compiling a source code by make command. i want to redirect the output of make to a file but at the same time i want to see the output in terminal. how to do this ?. please suggest your idea. thanks in advance. Saravana ---------- Post updated at 05:24 PM ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect Output and Error in 2 different files

hi, i want to redirect my output & error if generated to two different files. I have written the code for redirecting the output, i dnt have ne idea how to go abt it for errors. I tried spooling which was given in one of the threads on this forum.But it didn't work.The script i wrote as a lot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append a string by cat and redirect to other file?

Hi, when I do cat for kernel parameters cat /proc/sys/kernel/sem >> /etc/sysctl.conf 4096 4096 32 128 The above command working with out any doubt but I want to pass it like below, need to append "kernel.sem =" and pass it to /etc/sysctl.conf kernel.sem = 4096... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stew
2 Replies
Log::Handler::Config(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Log::Handler::Config(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Config - The main config loader. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler; my $log = Log::Handler->new(); # Config::General $log->config(config => 'file.conf'); # Config::Properties $log->config(config => 'file.props'); # YAML $log->config(config => 'file.yaml'); Or use Log::Handler; my $log = Log::Handler->new(); $log->config( config => 'file.conf' plugin => 'YAML', ); DESCRIPTION
This module makes it possible to load the configuration from a file. The configuration type is determined by the file extension. It's also possible to mix file extensions with another configuration types. PLUGINS
Plugin name File extensions ------------------------------------------ Config::General cfg, conf Config::Properties props, jcfg, jconf YAML yml, yaml If the extension is not defined then "Config::General" is used by default. METHODS
config() With this method it's possible to load the configuration for your outputs. The following options are valid: config With this option you can pass a file name or the configuration as a hash reference. $log->config(config => 'file.conf'); # or $log->config(config => \%config); plugin With this option it's possible to say which plugin you want to use. Maybe you want to use the file extension "conf" with "YAML", which is reserved for the plugin "Config::General". Examples: # this would use Config::General $log->config( config => 'file.conf' ); # this would force .conf with YAML $log->config( config => 'file.conf', plugin => 'YAML' ); section If you want to write the configuration into a global configuration file then you can create a own section for the logger: <logger> <file> filename = file.log minlevel = emerg maxlevel = warning </file> <screen> minlevel = emerg maxlevel = debug </screen> </logger> <another_script_config> foo = bar bar = baz baz = foo </another_script_config> Now your configuration is placed in the "logger" section. You can load this section with $log->config( config => 'file.conf', section => 'logger', ); # or if you load the configuration yourself to %config $log->config( config => \%config, section => 'logger', ); # or just $log->config( config => $config{logger} ); PLUGINS
Config::General - inspired by the well known apache config format Config::Properties - Java-style property files YAML - optimized for human readability EXAMPLES
Config structures A very simple configuration looks like: $log->config(config => { file => { alias => 'file1', filename => 'file1.log', maxlevel => 'info', minlevel => 'warn', }, screen => { alias => 'screen1', maxlevel => 'debug', minlevel => 'emerg', } }); Now, if you want to add another file-output then you can pass the outputs with a array reference: $log->config(config => { file => [ { alias => 'file1, filename => 'file1.log', maxlevel => 'info', minlevel => 'warn', }, { alias => 'file2', filename => 'file2.log', maxlevel => 'error', minlevel => 'emergency', } ], screen => { alias => 'screen1', maxlevel => 'debug', minlevel => 'emerg', }, }); It's also possible to pass the outputs as a hash reference. The hash keys "file1" and "file2" will be used as aliases. $log->config(config => { file => { file1 => { filename => 'file1.log', maxlevel => 'info', minlevel => 'warn', }, file2 => { filename => 'file2.log', maxlevel => 'error', minlevel => 'emergency', } }, screen => { alias => 'screen1', maxlevel => 'debug', minlevel => 'emerg', }, }); If you pass the configuration with the alias as a hash key then it's also possible to pass a section called "default". The options from this section will be used as defaults. $log->config(config => { file => { default => { # defaults for all file-outputs mode => 'append', }, file1 => { filename => 'file1.log', maxlevel => 'info', minlevel => 'warn', }, file2 => { filename => 'file2.log', maxlevel => 'error', minlevel => 'emergency', } }, screen => { alias => 'screen1', maxlevel => 'debug', minlevel => 'emerg', }, }); Examples for the config plugins Config::General <file> alias = file1 fileopen = 1 reopen = 1 permissions = 0640 maxlevel = info minlevel = warn mode = append timeformat = %b %d %H:%M:%S debug_mode = 2 filename = example.log message_layout = '%T %H[%P] [%L] %S: %m' </file> Or <file> <file1> fileopen = 1 reopen = 1 permissions = 0640 maxlevel = info minlevel = warn mode = append timeformat = %b %d %H:%M:%S debug_mode = 2 filename = example.log message_layout = '%T %H[%P] [%L] %S: %m' </file1> </file> YAML --- file: alias: file1 debug_mode: 2 filename: example.log fileopen: 1 maxlevel: info minlevel: warn mode: append permissions: 0640 message_layout: '%T %H[%P] [%L] %S: %m' reopen: 1 timeformat: '%b %d %H:%M:%S' Or --- file: file1: debug_mode: 2 filename: example.log fileopen: 1 maxlevel: info minlevel: warn mode: append permissions: 0640 message_layout: '%T %H[%P] [%L] %S: %m' reopen: 1 timeformat: '%b %d %H:%M:%S' Config::Properties file.alias = file1 file.reopen = 1 file.fileopen = 1 file.maxlevel = info file.minlevel = warn file.permissions = 0640 file.mode = append file.timeformat = %b %d %H:%M:%S file.debug_mode = 2 file.filename = example.log file.message_layout = '%T %H[%P] [%L] %S: %m' Or file.file1.alias = file1 file.file1.reopen = 1 file.file1.fileopen = 1 file.file1.maxlevel = info file.file1.minlevel = warn file.file1.permissions = 0640 file.file1.mode = append file.file1.timeformat = %b %d %H:%M:%S file.file1.debug_mode = 2 file.file1.filename = example.log file.file1.message_layout = '%T %H[%P] [%L] %S: %m' PREREQUISITES
Carp Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Config(3pm)