Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046224 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 05:49:04 AM
Old 04-28-2020
Here is one, but the issue is in the original DB.

Retry Logic But In Cron - UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers - UNIX.COM Community

Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration-screen-shot-2020-04-28-45232-pmjpg

In the mysql DB:

Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration-screen-shot-2020-04-28-44927-pmjpg

So, no reason to waste time on encoding issues which are not migration issues.

Retry Logic But In Cron

This illustrates the problem, chasing error in the original DB which migration as they were posts.

This is why I need the ORIGINALS and the MIGRATED versions if anyone sees any issue.

However, if anyone knows the correct replacement for that strange stuff, I will add it to the translation.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
MDBTools(1)															       MDBTools(1)

NAME
mdb-schema - Generate schema creation DDL SYNOPSIS
mdb-schema [options] database [backend] DESCRIPTION
mdb-schema is a utility program distributed with MDB Tools. It produces DDL (data definition language) output for the given database. This can be passed to another database to create a replica of the original access table format. OPTIONS
-T <table>, --table <table> Single table option. Create schema for this table only. Default is to export all tables. -N namespace Prefix identifiers with namespace. --drop-table Issue DROP TABLE statement. --no-drop-table Don't issue DROP TABLE statement. This is the default. --not-null Issue NOT NULL constraints. This is the default. --no-not-null Don't issue NOT NULL constraints. --default-values Issue DEFAULT values. --no-default-values Don't issue DEFAULT values. This is the default. --not-empty Issue CHECK <> '' constraints. --no-not-empty Don't issue CHECK <> '' constraints. This is the default. --indexes Export INDEXes. This is the default. --no-indexes Don't export INDEXes. --relations Export foreign keys constraints. This is the default. --no-relations Don't export foreign keys constraints. backend Specifies target DDL dialect. Supported values are access, sybase, oracle, postgres, and mysql. If not specified the generated DDL will be in access format. ENVIRONMENT
MDB_JET3_CHARSET Defines the charset of the input JET3 (access 97) file. Default is CP1252. See iconv(1). MDBICONV Defines the output charset to use for the SQL file. Default is UTF-8. mdbtools must have been compiled with iconv. MDBOPTS semi-column separated list of options: o use_index o no_memo o debug_like o debug_write o debug_usage o debug_ole o debug_row o debug_props o debug_all is a shortcut for all debug_* options NOTES
HISTORY
mdb-schema first appeared in MDB Tools 0.1. SEE ALSO
gmdb2(1) mdb-export(1) mdb-hexdump(1) mdb-prop(1) mdb-sql(1) mdb-ver(1) mdb-array(1) mdb-header(1) mdb-parsecsv(1) mdb-tables(1) AUTHORS
The mdb-schema utility was written by Brian Bruns and others. BUGS
Relationships and other features may not be supported by all databases. Access datatypes are mapped to their closest counterparts in the target backend. This may not always yield an exact fit. 0.7 13 July 2013 MDBTools(1)