Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046213 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 03:16:07 AM
Old 04-28-2020

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
quota(2)							System Calls Manual							  quota(2)

Name
       quota - manipulate disk quotas

Syntax
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/param.h>
       #include <sys/quota.h>

quota(cmd, uid, arg, addr)
       int cmd, uid, arg;
       caddr_t addr;

Description
       The  call manipulates disk quotas for file systems that have had quotas enabled with The cmd parameter indicates a command in the following
       list that is applied to the user ID uid.  The arg parameter is a command specific argument and addr is the address of an optional,  command
       specific  data  structure,  which  is copied in or out of the system.  The interpretation of arg and addr is given with each command in the
       list that follows:

Q_SETDLIM
	      Set disk quota limits and current usage for the user with ID uid.  The arg parameter is a major-minor device indicating a particular
	      file  system.   The addr parameter is a pointer to a struct dqblk structure, defined in <sys/quota.h>.  Only the superuser can issue
	      this call.

Q_GETDLIM
	      Get disk quota limits and current use for the user with ID uid.  The remaining parameters are identical  to  the	Q_SETDLIM  command
	      parameters.

Q_SETDUSE
	      Set  disk  use limits for the user with ID uid.  The arg parameter is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system.  The
	      addr is a pointer to a struct dqusage structure, defined in <sys/quota.h>.  Only the superuser can issue this call.

Q_SYNC Update the on-disk copy of quota uses.  The uid, arg, and addr parameters are ignored.

Q_SETUID
	      Change the calling process's quota limits to those of the user with ID uid.  The arg and addr  parameters  are  ignored.	 Only  the
	      superuser can issue this call.

Q_SETWARN
	      Alter  the disk usage warning limits for the user with ID uid.  The arg is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system.
	      The addr parameter is a pointer to a struct dqwarn structure, which is defined in <sys/quota.h>.	Only the superuse can  issue  this
	      call.

Q_DOWARN
	      Warn  the user with user ID uid about excessive disk use.  This call causes the system to check its current disk use information and
	      print a message on the terminal of the caller for each file system on which the user is over quota.  If the arg parameter is  speci-
	      fied  as	NODEV,	all  file systems that have disk quotas are checked.  Otherwise, arg indicates a specific major-minor device to be
	      checked.	Only the superuser can issue this call.

Return Values
       A successful call returns 0 and, possibly, more information specific to the command specified in the cmd parameter; when an  error  occurs,
       the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the reason.

Diagnostics
       A quota call fails when one of the following occurs:

[EINVAL]       The kernel has not been compiled with the QUOTA option.

[EINVAL]       The cmd parameter is invalid.

[ESRCH]	      No disk quota is found for the indicated user.

[EPERM]	      Only the superuser can issue the call and the caller is not the superuser.

[ENODEV]       The arg parameter is being interpreted as a major-minor device, and it indicates an unmounted file system.

[EFAULT]       An invalid addr parameter is supplied; the associated structure could not be copied in or out of the kernel.

[EUSERS]       The quota table is full.

See Also
       "Disk Quotas in a UNIX Environment", ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 3:System Manager

quota(2)