Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with Keyboard or Char Encoding During Migration Post 303046208 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of April 2020 01:25:15 AM
Old 04-28-2020
FYI existing old mysql dB

Code:
mysql> SELECT count(postid)  from post where pagetext like '%“%';
+---------------+
| count(postid) |
+---------------+
|            66 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (1.64 sec)

mysql> SELECT count(postid)  from post where pagetext like  '%†%';
+---------------+
| count(postid) |
+---------------+
|            14 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (1.68 sec)

mysql> SELECT count(postid)  from post where pagetext like '%â€%';                                                                                                                    
+---------------+
| count(postid) |
+---------------+
|            45 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (1.66 sec)

mysql> SELECT count(postid)  from post where pagetext like '%’%';                                                                                                                    
+---------------+
| count(postid) |
+---------------+
|           165 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (1.63 sec)

mysql> SELECT count(postid)  from post where pagetext like '%‘%';                                                                                                                    
+---------------+
| count(postid) |
+---------------+
|            38 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (1.69 sec)

mysql> SELECT count(postid)  from post where pagetext like '%•%';
+---------------+
| count(postid) |
+---------------+
|             4 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (1.70 sec)

mysql> SELECT count(postid)  from post where pagetext like '%…%';
+---------------+
| count(postid) |
+---------------+
|            23 |
+---------------+
1 row in set (1.68 sec)

Now that SELECT shows some goodies, maybe UPDATE on main DB ? Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how2 get single char from keyboard w/o enter

I am writing a bash shell menu and would like to get a char immediately after a key is pressed. This script does not work but should give you an idea of what I am trying to do.... Thanks for the help #! /bin/bash ANSWER="" echo -en "Choose item...\n" until do $ANSWER = $STDIN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encoding of a text issue

I created one file on windows system and is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,večilnin1ईगल受害者是第,2010-02-02 10:10:10.612447,137277,ईगल受害者是第večilnin!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}] But when send this file to unix system, the file is visible as : TestTable,INSERT,žvečilnin1ई-ल -害...是第,2010-02-02 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 p2v migration issue

Hi All, We need to move Physical Solaris 10 system to Virtual Solaris 10(p2v). Both the servers having Solaris 10(Generic_147440-25) means physical server which we are going to move is having Solaris 10 and this physical server will be converted as a virtualserver on another physical server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX to RHEL migration - awk treating 0e[0-9]+ as 0 instead of string issue

Greetings Experts, We are migrating from AIX to RHEL Linux. I have created a script to verify and report the NULLs and SPACEs in the key columns and duplicates on key combination of "|" delimited set of big files. Following is the code that was successfully running in AIX. awk -F "|" 'BEGIN {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
5 Replies

7. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! Im using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . Im expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
FETCH(7)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						  FETCH(7)

NAME
FETCH - retrieve rows from a query using a cursor SYNOPSIS
FETCH [ direction [ FROM | IN ] ] cursor_name where direction can be empty or one of: NEXT PRIOR FIRST LAST ABSOLUTE count RELATIVE count count ALL FORWARD FORWARD count FORWARD ALL BACKWARD BACKWARD count BACKWARD ALL DESCRIPTION
FETCH retrieves rows using a previously-created cursor. A cursor has an associated position, which is used by FETCH. The cursor position can be before the first row of the query result, on any particular row of the result, or after the last row of the result. When created, a cursor is positioned before the first row. After fetching some rows, the cursor is positioned on the row most recently retrieved. If FETCH runs off the end of the available rows then the cursor is left positioned after the last row, or before the first row if fetching backward. FETCH ALL or FETCH BACKWARD ALL will always leave the cursor positioned after the last row or before the first row. The forms NEXT, PRIOR, FIRST, LAST, ABSOLUTE, RELATIVE fetch a single row after moving the cursor appropriately. If there is no such row, an empty result is returned, and the cursor is left positioned before the first row or after the last row as appropriate. The forms using FORWARD and BACKWARD retrieve the indicated number of rows moving in the forward or backward direction, leaving the cursor positioned on the last-returned row (or after/before all rows, if the count exceeds the number of rows available). RELATIVE 0, FORWARD 0, and BACKWARD 0 all request fetching the current row without moving the cursor, that is, re-fetching the most recently fetched row. This will succeed unless the cursor is positioned before the first row or after the last row; in which case, no row is returned. Note This page describes usage of cursors at the SQL command level. If you are trying to use cursors inside a PL/pgSQL function, the rules are different -- see Section 39.7, "Cursors", in the documentation. PARAMETERS
direction direction defines the fetch direction and number of rows to fetch. It can be one of the following: NEXT Fetch the next row. This is the default if direction is omitted. PRIOR Fetch the prior row. FIRST Fetch the first row of the query (same as ABSOLUTE 1). LAST Fetch the last row of the query (same as ABSOLUTE -1). ABSOLUTE count Fetch the count'th row of the query, or the abs(count)'th row from the end if count is negative. Position before first row or after last row if count is out of range; in particular, ABSOLUTE 0 positions before the first row. RELATIVE count Fetch the count'th succeeding row, or the abs(count)'th prior row if count is negative. RELATIVE 0 re-fetches the current row, if any. count Fetch the next count rows (same as FORWARD count). ALL Fetch all remaining rows (same as FORWARD ALL). FORWARD Fetch the next row (same as NEXT). FORWARD count Fetch the next count rows. FORWARD 0 re-fetches the current row. FORWARD ALL Fetch all remaining rows. BACKWARD Fetch the prior row (same as PRIOR). BACKWARD count Fetch the prior count rows (scanning backwards). BACKWARD 0 re-fetches the current row. BACKWARD ALL Fetch all prior rows (scanning backwards). count count is a possibly-signed integer constant, determining the location or number of rows to fetch. For FORWARD and BACKWARD cases, specifying a negative count is equivalent to changing the sense of FORWARD and BACKWARD. cursor_name An open cursor's name. OUTPUTS
On successful completion, a FETCH command returns a command tag of the form FETCH count The count is the number of rows fetched (possibly zero). Note that in psql, the command tag will not actually be displayed, since psql displays the fetched rows instead. NOTES
The cursor should be declared with the SCROLL option if one intends to use any variants of FETCH other than FETCH NEXT or FETCH FORWARD with a positive count. For simple queries PostgreSQL will allow backwards fetch from cursors not declared with SCROLL, but this behavior is best not relied on. If the cursor is declared with NO SCROLL, no backward fetches are allowed. ABSOLUTE fetches are not any faster than navigating to the desired row with a relative move: the underlying implementation must traverse all the intermediate rows anyway. Negative absolute fetches are even worse: the query must be read to the end to find the last row, and then traversed backward from there. However, rewinding to the start of the query (as with FETCH ABSOLUTE 0) is fast. DECLARE(7) is used to define a cursor. Use MOVE(7) to change cursor position without retrieving data. EXAMPLES
The following example traverses a table using a cursor: BEGIN WORK; -- Set up a cursor: DECLARE liahona SCROLL CURSOR FOR SELECT * FROM films; -- Fetch the first 5 rows in the cursor liahona: FETCH FORWARD 5 FROM liahona; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+-------------------------+-----+------------+----------+------- BL101 | The Third Man | 101 | 1949-12-23 | Drama | 01:44 BL102 | The African Queen | 101 | 1951-08-11 | Romantic | 01:43 JL201 | Une Femme est une Femme | 102 | 1961-03-12 | Romantic | 01:25 P_301 | Vertigo | 103 | 1958-11-14 | Action | 02:08 P_302 | Becket | 103 | 1964-02-03 | Drama | 02:28 -- Fetch the previous row: FETCH PRIOR FROM liahona; code | title | did | date_prod | kind | len -------+---------+-----+------------+--------+------- P_301 | Vertigo | 103 | 1958-11-14 | Action | 02:08 -- Close the cursor and end the transaction: CLOSE liahona; COMMIT WORK; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard defines FETCH for use in embedded SQL only. The variant of FETCH described here returns the data as if it were a SELECT result rather than placing it in host variables. Other than this point, FETCH is fully upward-compatible with the SQL standard. The FETCH forms involving FORWARD and BACKWARD, as well as the forms FETCH count and FETCH ALL, in which FORWARD is implicit, are PostgreSQL extensions. The SQL standard allows only FROM preceding the cursor name; the option to use IN, or to leave them out altogether, is an extension. SEE ALSO
CLOSE(7), DECLARE(7), MOVE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 FETCH(7)