Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find a block of text and if a certain keyword exists, remove another block of text within that block Post 303046204 by sea on Monday 27th of April 2020 11:50:02 PM
Old 04-28-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpwilkes
1. For function-b, the value-b=true block remains as its type is hook, not scythe.
oops Smilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpwilkes
2. I've tried researching on sed but the closest I came to is its function of removing a whole data block from point A to point b i.e. all value-b=true blocks regardless of their type.
As in, what code do you have so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting text block in file

Need to delete a text block inside a file, that is marked with a start and an end pattern. Eg do not delete not delete <tag1> delete everything here here and here and here... <tag2> do not delete do not delete.... Believe sed is able to do this job but don't get it working. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andre123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a block of Text at regular intervals

Hello all, I have a text files that consists of blocks of text. Each block of text represents a set of Cartesian coordinates for a molecule. Each block of text starts with a line that has a only a number, which is equal to the total number of atoms in the molecule. After this number is a line... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text after a block of text?

Input: fstab is a configuration file that contains information of all the partitions and storage devices in your computer. The file is located under /etc, so the full path to this file is /etc/fstab. The >>>>> characters would be replaced by some texts. For example if i run a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text??

Hello all, I have a large output file from which I would like to extract a single block of text. An example block of text is shown below: ***** EQUILIBRIUM GEOMETRY LOCATED ***** COORDINATES OF ALL ATOMS ARE (ANGS) ATOM CHARGE X Y Z ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter or remove duplicate block of text without distinguishing marks or fields

Hello, Although I have found similar questions, I could not find advice that could help with our problem. The issue: We have several hundreds text files containing repeated blocks of text (I guess back at the time they were prepared like that to optmize printing). The block of texts... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samask
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting Block of Text from a File

Hi I am looking for the way to delete the block of data for example original file line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 input file line2 line3 original file should contain line1 line4 line5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of text replacement using sed

Hi, I have a requirement in which i need to replace text as below - <stringProp name="Recipe">&lt;AddGroup Name=&quot;1001&quot; Path=&quot;ServiceAdministration/Controls/1001/ServiceSwitches&quot;&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;AttributeName&quot; Value=&quot;HeaderManipRspIngressRuleSet&quot; Type=&quot;String&quot; /&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;Value&quot;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhitanshu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping text block by block by using for loop

Hei buddies, Need ur help once again. I have a file which has bunch of lines which starts from a fixed pattern and ends with another fixed pattern. I want to make use of these fixed starting and ending patterns to select the bunch, one at a time. The input file is as follows. Hi welcome... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text

Hello all, I am working on a script which should parse a large file called input.txt which contains table definitions, index definitions and comments like these ones: ------------------------------------------------ -- DDL Statements for table "CMWSYS"."CMWD_TEC_SUIVI_TRT"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiki_riki_miki
12 Replies
Text::MediawikiFormat::Blocks(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Text::MediawikiFormat::Blocks(3pm)

NAME
Text::MediawikiFormat::Blocks - blocktypes for Text::MediawikiFormat SYNOPSIS
None. Use Text::MediawikiFormat as the public interface, unless you want to create your own block type. DESCRIPTION
This module merely creates subclasses of Text::MediawikiFormat::Block, which is the interesting code. A block is a collection of related lines, such as a code block (text to display verbatim in a monospaced font), a header, an unordered list, an ordered list, and a paragraph (text to display in a proportional font). Every block extends "Text::MediawikiFormat::Block". METHODS
The following methods exist: o "new( %args )" Creates and returns a new block. The valid arguments are: o "text" The text of the line found in the block. o "args" The arguments captured by the block-identifying regular expression. o "level" The level of indentation for the block (usually only useful for list blocks). o "tags" The tags in effect for the current type of wiki formatting. o "opts" The options in effect for the current type of wiki formatting. Use the accessors of the same names to retrieve the values of the attributes. o "add_text( @lines_of_text )" Adds a list of lines of text to the current text for the block. This is very useful when you encounter a block and want to merge it with the previous block of the same type o "add_args( @arguments )" Adds further arguments to the block; useful when merging blocks. o "formatted_text()" Returns text formatted appropriately for this block. Blocks don't have to have formatters, but they may. o "formatter( $line_of_text )" Formats the $line using "Text::MediawikiFormat::format_line()". You can add your own formatter here; this is worth overriding. o "merge( $next_block )" Merges the current block with $next_block (the next block encountered) if they're of the same type and are at the same level. This adds the text and args of $next_block to the current block. It's your responsibility to remove $next_block from whatever your code iterates over. o "nests()" Returns true if this block should nest (as in lists and unordered lists) for the active wiki formatting. o "nest( $next_block )" Nests $next_block under this block if the both nest and if $next_block has a level greater than the current block. This actually adds $next_block as a text item within the current block. Beware. AUTHOR
chromatic, "chromatic at wgz dot org" BUGS
No known bugs. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, chromatic. Some rights reserved. This module is free software; you can use, redistribute, and modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.8.x. perl v5.10.1 2008-06-19 Text::MediawikiFormat::Blocks(3pm)