Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Find a block of text and if a certain keyword exists, remove another block of text within that block Post 303046203 by pulpwilkes on Monday 27th of April 2020 11:39:33 PM
Old 04-28-2020
1. For function-b, the value-b=true block remains as its type is hook, not scythe.
2. I've tried researching on sed but the closest I came to is its function of removing a whole data block from point A to point b i.e. all value-b=true blocks regardless of their type.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting text block in file

Need to delete a text block inside a file, that is marked with a start and an end pattern. Eg do not delete not delete <tag1> delete everything here here and here and here... <tag2> do not delete do not delete.... Believe sed is able to do this job but don't get it working. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andre123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a block of Text at regular intervals

Hello all, I have a text files that consists of blocks of text. Each block of text represents a set of Cartesian coordinates for a molecule. Each block of text starts with a line that has a only a number, which is equal to the total number of atoms in the molecule. After this number is a line... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert text after a block of text?

Input: fstab is a configuration file that contains information of all the partitions and storage devices in your computer. The file is located under /etc, so the full path to this file is /etc/fstab. The >>>>> characters would be replaced by some texts. For example if i run a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text??

Hello all, I have a large output file from which I would like to extract a single block of text. An example block of text is shown below: ***** EQUILIBRIUM GEOMETRY LOCATED ***** COORDINATES OF ALL ATOMS ARE (ANGS) ATOM CHARGE X Y Z ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter or remove duplicate block of text without distinguishing marks or fields

Hello, Although I have found similar questions, I could not find advice that could help with our problem. The issue: We have several hundreds text files containing repeated blocks of text (I guess back at the time they were prepared like that to optmize printing). The block of texts... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: samask
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting Block of Text from a File

Hi I am looking for the way to delete the block of data for example original file line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 input file line2 line3 original file should contain line1 line4 line5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of text replacement using sed

Hi, I have a requirement in which i need to replace text as below - <stringProp name="Recipe">&lt;AddGroup Name=&quot;1001&quot; Path=&quot;ServiceAdministration/Controls/1001/ServiceSwitches&quot;&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;AttributeName&quot; Value=&quot;HeaderManipRspIngressRuleSet&quot; Type=&quot;String&quot; /&gt; &lt;Param Name=&quot;Value&quot;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhitanshu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping text block by block by using for loop

Hei buddies, Need ur help once again. I have a file which has bunch of lines which starts from a fixed pattern and ends with another fixed pattern. I want to make use of these fixed starting and ending patterns to select the bunch, one at a time. The input file is as follows. Hi welcome... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text

Hello all, I am working on a script which should parse a large file called input.txt which contains table definitions, index definitions and comments like these ones: ------------------------------------------------ -- DDL Statements for table "CMWSYS"."CMWD_TEC_SUIVI_TRT"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiki_riki_miki
12 Replies
GLUNIFORMBLOCKBINDIN(3G)					    OpenGL 3.3						  GLUNIFORMBLOCKBINDIN(3G)

NAME
glUniformBlockBinding - assign a binding point to an active uniform block C SPECIFICATION
void glUniformBlockBinding(GLuint program, GLuint uniformBlockIndex, GLuint uniformBlockBinding); PARAMETERS
program The name of a program object containing the active uniform block whose binding to assign. uniformBlockIndex The index of the active uniform block within program whose binding to assign. uniformBlockBinding Specifies the binding point to which to bind the uniform block with index uniformBlockIndex within program. DESCRIPTION
Binding points for active uniform blocks are assigned using glUniformBlockBinding. Each of a program's active uniform blocks has a corresponding uniform buffer binding point. program is the name of a program object for which the command glLinkProgram() has been issued in the past. If successful, glUniformBlockBinding specifies that program will use the data store of the buffer object bound to the binding point uniformBlockBinding to extract the values of the uniforms in the uniform block identified by uniformBlockIndex. When a program object is linked or re-linked, the uniform buffer object binding point assigned to each of its active uniform blocks is reset to zero. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if uniformBlockIndex is not an active uniform block index of program. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if uniformBlockBinding is greater than or equal to the value of GL_MAX_UNIFORM_BUFFER_BINDINGS. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated program is not the name of a program object generated by the GL. NOTES
glUniformBlockBinding is available only if the GL version is 3.1 or greater. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetActiveUniformBlock() with argument GL_UNIFORM_BLOCK_BINDING SEE ALSO
glLinkProgram(), glBindBufferBase(), glBindBufferRange(), glGetActiveUniformBlock() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLUNIFORMBLOCKBINDIN(3G)