Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NFS mount from windows NAS with NFS server, have hidden folder on UNIX Post 303046106 by collectordk on Friday 24th of April 2020 01:08:12 AM
Old 04-24-2020
User mapping is not in use.

Mount is on a AIX 5.3 platform, NFS Server for unix is running on windows server 20212.
Default settings on NFS share + root access and "." hidden folder enabled.

Since all groups and users work fine on AIX, i do not need mapping since windows is "silent" here, and should not touch files. And since most files show and only random files appear hidden, together with random folders, i do not understand why. and if a rename from "MYFILE" to ".MYFILE" suddenly shows file on AIX with "ls -la" and then i rename it back and it is once again hidden, it is really strange.

--- Post updated at 06:08 AM ---

i see now, i put question in wrong section Smilie Should probably be in AIX section.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Problem to auto mount on NFS server

I am new in Ubuntu and i use Ubuntu 7.10, and have problem to mount automatic when i reboot computer, Here is my /etc/fstab 192.168.0.91:/home/DATA/it /home/USER/usertest/Documents/Z nfs defaults 0 0 I try many option in that line, but the result is same, I cannot automatic mounting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS HDD mount on Windows XP

Hi, Unix based, My harddrive won't boot and I'm looking for a reliable tool that can mount a hdd on Windows XP and show me the files stored on a NFS system. I tried the tool: Ext2IFS but this didn't work. I found a lot of tools on google to mount nfs share thru a network but that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: severt
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Can't see home folder on one NFS mount but can in another mount on another share

Hello, I have a few Ubuntu 9.10 laptops I'm trying to learn NFS sharing with. I am just experimenting on this right now, so no harsh words about the security of what I'm playing with, please ;) Below are the configs /etc/exports on host /home/woodnt/Homeschool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount of Windows NAS

The UPS connected to the Disk Array portion of my Windows 2003 NAS burned up over the weekend. Reconnected it to a new UPS and re-booted the NAS box. Since then I have not been able to get my HPUX 10.2 box to mount the shared drives on the NAS. At boot, the NFS client & server subsystems do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: twalker0
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS mount error in windows

I am trying to set a share between windows and an AIX server. I was able to do this to a windows 2008 server. I am now trying to get this to worked on a windows 7 enterprise pc. below is what i get. I have turned off the firewall wall in windows the user is an admin in the pc. same account works... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All, Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please. I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix Thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
PASSWD(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      PASSWD(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-passwd, passwd - compute password hashes SYNOPSIS
openssl passwd [-help] [-crypt] [-1] [-apr1] [-aixmd5] [-5] [-6] [-salt string] [-in file] [-stdin] [-noverify] [-quiet] [-table] [-rand file...] [-writerand file] {password} DESCRIPTION
The passwd command computes the hash of a password typed at run-time or the hash of each password in a list. The password list is taken from the named file for option -in file, from stdin for option -stdin, or from the command line, or from the terminal otherwise. The Unix standard algorithm crypt and the MD5-based BSD password algorithm 1, its Apache variant apr1, and its AIX variant are available. OPTIONS
-help Print out a usage message. -crypt Use the crypt algorithm (default). -1 Use the MD5 based BSD password algorithm 1. -apr1 Use the apr1 algorithm (Apache variant of the BSD algorithm). -aixmd5 Use the AIX MD5 algorithm (AIX variant of the BSD algorithm). -5 -6 Use the SHA256 / SHA512 based algorithms defined by Ulrich Drepper. See <https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/SHA-crypt.txt>. -salt string Use the specified salt. When reading a password from the terminal, this implies -noverify. -in file Read passwords from file. -stdin Read passwords from stdin. -noverify Don't verify when reading a password from the terminal. -quiet Don't output warnings when passwords given at the command line are truncated. -table In the output list, prepend the cleartext password and a TAB character to each password hash. -rand file... A file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator. Multiple files can be specified separated by an OS- dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. [-writerand file] Writes random data to the specified file upon exit. This can be used with a subsequent -rand flag. EXAMPLES
% openssl passwd -crypt -salt xx password xxj31ZMTZzkVA % openssl passwd -1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $1$xxxxxxxx$UYCIxa628.9qXjpQCjM4a. % openssl passwd -apr1 -salt xxxxxxxx password $apr1$xxxxxxxx$dxHfLAsjHkDRmG83UXe8K0 % openssl passwd -aixmd5 -salt xxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxx$8Oaipk/GPKhC64w/YVeFD/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000-2018 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PASSWD(1SSL)