Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Question regarding my blog-thread Post 303046077 by sea on Thursday 23rd of April 2020 08:32:13 AM
Old 04-23-2020
Question regarding my blog-thread

Hello
The topic is: https://www.unix.com/shell-programmi...-new-post.html

When I got up today, I see there's a message from Neo, but invisible marked as 'hidden solution'.
It just so happens that I was able to read it in the middle of the night (5mins after Neo posted it).

So, I know what IS written there, unless it's been modified in between - which the 'hidden solution' seems to indicate.

This said, I'm a little confused now as to what steps I should take now.
  • Am I supposed to solve something that is written in a (now) hidden message?
  • Does that still apply?
  • Did you (Neo) just 'hide' it for later (as in, you needed to check something first)?

And yes, if I used images the wrong way, please tell me the proper way.
Because after attaching images to a post, I do not see any 'VB code' provided for re-use.

So yes, I used 'that' link to refer to the images used - expecting it to behave like any other 'hardcoded-image-url'.
I'm sorry if that caused any issues for the migration.

Stay healthy
Regards

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Programming

Question on creation of Thread pool

dear sir/madam presently i am in a process of creating a multithread pool using clone() system call in unix with c programming. i am facing some problem ie., i am able create multithread pool and able to keep all the threads in wait state,but when i call kill (afunction revoke a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blog-Thread: Creating a Shell Wrapper and Runtime Modifier (SWARM)

SWARM = Shell Wrapper and Runtime Modifier But as a matter of fact, it's more like a Text User Interface framework for scripts. Which was the original title (TUI) of the first split-up iteration from Script-Tools. Script-Tools is still the 'end/final-project', SWARM is just the way to get... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
32 Replies
hdik(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   hdik(8)

NAME
hdik -- lightweight tool to attach and mount disk images in-kernel SYNOPSIS
hdik imagefile [options] DESCRIPTION
hdik is a lightweight tool that can be used to attach disk images in-kernel (i.e. without a user-land process to provide the backing store). Only a subset of disk images can be mounted in this manner including read/write disk images, UDIF disk images that use zlib compression, shadowed disk images, and sparse disk images. hdik is intended for use in situations where linking against the DiskImages framework is problematic or an extremely lightweight mechanism for attaching a disk image is needed. You can specify that the image should not be processed by Disk Arbitration by specifying the -nomount option. You can also specify that the image be mounted with a shadow file by using the -shadow option. The following argument must be specified: imagefile the disk image to be mounted. OPTIONS
-shadow [shadowfile] Use a shadow file in conjunction with the data in the image. This option prevents modification of the original image and allows read-only images to be used as read/write images. When blocks are being read from the image, blocks present in the shadow file override blocks in the base image. When blocks are being written, the writes will be redirected to the shadow file. If not specified, -shadow defaults to <imagename>.shadow. If the shadow file does not exist, it is created. -nomount Suppress automatic mounting of the image or partitions on it. This will result in /dev entries being created, but will not mount any volumes. -drivekey keyname=value Specify a key/value pair for the IOHDIXHDDrive object created (shows up in the IOKit registry of devices which is viewable with ioreg(8)). SEE ALSO
hdiutil(1), diskarbitrationd(8), diskutil(8), ioreg(8) Mac OS X 29 Apr 2003 Mac OS X