Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automate UNIX script...!
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Automate UNIX script...! Post 303046037 by rain_man04 on Wednesday 22nd of April 2020 06:03:58 AM
Old 04-22-2020
Hi:
I'm pretty new in unix. Could you please send me the full code and explain how it's gonna work.
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

here document to automate perl script that call script

I am trying to use a here document to automate testing a perl script however when the perl script hits a system(perl subscript.pl) call, input is no longer entered into this subscript. here is my script $ cat test.sh #ksh for testcase do program <<-EOF | tee -a funcscnlog.log y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hogger84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automate sftp using unix script

Hi All, I need to write a UNIX script that automates the sftp process. I should be able to do a sftp to a secure box and get a file from there. I am having a problem doing this because no matter what I do, when I run my script, I get a prompt at command line asking for a password. How could I... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyamurthy2005
34 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Script ***V. Urgent

Hi All, ./procdure.ksh which opens the below the menu, I want to build a script which will press 4 and run the Sector Data Automatically (instead of pressing option 4 manually) Is there any way for this, please let me know... 1) FX Rates MDU 9) Fidessa Cash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in script to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's proc

hi friends, I am trying to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's processes. the script are below i executed the above script using ksh -x monitortest1.sh in root login . It shows error at some lines . 1. i logged in using root ,but it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
8 Replies

5. AIX

Automate SFTP UNIX to Windows

Hi, Could you please help to solve the below issue... my requirement is automate the SFTP between UNIX and Windows server. I want to get and put some files to UNIX AIX machine(SFTP client) to Windows server(SFTP server). For that, i have generated key pair (private/public) in my AIX machine .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for help with a script to automate VLC

Hi, New member here looking for help. This might not be a post for the 'VERY basics' section, so feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate. I've created a script that searches my computer for video files, creates a list of these files, and selects a number of random entries to play in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncertain
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I automate a script?

Hi All, Can I automate a script when some one trying to 'vi' (open) a file. For Example, I am having a file named 'SecuredShell.sh'. when a user types " vi SecuredShell.sh " in unix command prompt a script named secure.sh needs to be automated. Can this be possible. if Yes please guide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to automate email alert

Hi all, I have a task on my plate which is of high priority. I need an automated email alert that checks FTP notices subdirectory on a daily basis and forwards any word files to a group of people. This word files gets created whenever there is an issue with FTP connectivity. Please help...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate remote script

Hi all, I need to execute a script on a remote machine that are connected to the network.The basic requirement is to write a script which will login in remote machine and then execute the other script automatically placed in remote machine.So that I need to execute the remote machine script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

automate the script

Dear all, I I want to login to my Linux machine using putty and then run some script from Windows machine.we can do it after loging it and then execute the script by typing it in putty command line screen. but I want to automate it.So whenever I will fire this script,it will do the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies
FCGIWRAP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FCGIWRAP(8)

NAME
fcgiwrap - serve CGI applications over FastCGI SYNOPSIS
fcgiwrap [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
fcgiwrap is a simple server for running CGI applications over FastCGI. It hopes to provide clean CGI support to Nginx (and other web servers that may need it). OPTIONS
-c number Number of fcgiwrap processes to prefork. -s socket_url A URL for the listen socket to bind to. By default fcgiwrap expects a listen socket to be passed on file descriptor 0, matching the FastCGI convention. The recommended way to deploy fcgiwrap is to run it under a process manager that takes care of opening the socket. However, for simple configurations and one-off tests this option may be used. Valid socket_urls include unix:/path/to/unix/socket, tcp:dot.ted.qu.ad:port and tcp6:[ipv6_addr]:port. -h Show a help message and exit. ENVIRONMENT
When running, fcgiwrap evaluates these environment variables set by the web server calling an fcgi-script. The variables DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME will be concatenated and the resulting executable run as CGI script wrapped as FastCGI, with the remainder after the script name available as PATH_INFO. To disable PATH_INFO mangling, set up your web server to pass SCRIPT_FILENAME, which should contain the com- plete path to the script. Then PATH_INFO will not be modified. DOCUMENT_ROOT directory which the script resides in SCRIPT_NAME actual executable SCRIPT_FILENAME complete path to CGI script. When set, overrides DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME EXAMPLE
The fastest way to see fcgiwrap do something is to launch it at the command line like this: fcgiwrap -s unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock Apart from potential permission problems etc., it should be ready to accept FastCGI requests and run CGI scripts. Most probably you will want to launch fcgiwrap by spawn-fcgi using a configuration like this: FCGI_SOCKET=/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock FCGI_PROGRAM=/usr/sbin/fcgiwrap FCGI_USER=nginx FCGI_GROUP=www FCGI_EXTRA_OPTIONS="-M 0700" ALLOWED_ENV="PATH" Nginx can be configured to have the arbitrary CGI cgit run as FastCGI as follows: location / { fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cgit/; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME cgit; fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fastcgi.sock; } AUTHOR
fcgiwrap was written by Grzegorz Nosek <root@localdomain.pl> with contributions by W-Mark Kubacki <wmark@hurrikane.de>. This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> (with contributions by Grzegorz Nosek) for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Jun 3, 2010 FCGIWRAP(8)