Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Gnuplot 4.6 : problem with my X axis Post 303046000 by Tim2424 on Tuesday 21st of April 2020 10:16:42 AM
Old 04-21-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Because Gnuplot is setting the labels on the axis based on the width of the chart.

Thanks for your help !

I've increase the width of my graph ( replace 900,520 by 900,800 ) and there is no difference.

I realy don't understand...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with gnuplot

Hi, I am a beginner using UNIX, and was wondering how to use gnuplot from UNIX on my pc. I am connected remotely to my work's UNIX server using Secure Shell Client, and gnuplot won't open a new window when I use the plot command. How do I do this? Moreover, is it possible to save things from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KTTFB64
0 Replies

2. AIX

Add printer connected to a axis printserver

Hi guys, I have a AIX 4.3 system, and I need to configure a printer, but that printer it's connected to a axis print server. I have lot of years working with unix, but never added a printer in a AIX system. I need to add using "remote print queue", and add the hostname and ip to the /etc/hosts?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uadm26
2 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Adjust X & Y screen axis

I'm using my wife's Macbook, and I just noticed that her screen is off axis, but I can't find a way to adjust it. I've tried playing around with resolution in preferences, but nothing. Maybe a terminal command for adjusting the x and y values of the screen? Any and all suggestions welcomed :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

GNUplot

Hi, I am trying to make a plot of an ASCII file using GNUplot, but I keep getting error msg: for example plot filename.txt It says that (.txt ) is not identified ... I tried to write it without the .txt part, but I also get the error msg. Any idea why? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs and gnuplot

Hi All, Seems I have an xargs stdin problem that I don't understand. I have a script (call it myscript.sh) that takes the names of one or more file(s) specified on the command line and creates a single gnuplot command file containing multiple records, one for each specified file. Each of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulianna2002
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GNUPLOT problem

Hi, Im trying to plot a time series with gnuplot. this is my script set xdata time set yrange set timefmt "%H" set xrange set format x "%H:%M:%S" plot "time_vs_times.txt" using 1:2 title 'Interarrival time' with points lw 2 and this is my data 11:14:18 5 11:14:19 10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing X and Y axis of CSV data

Hello list, I have a source CSV data file as follows: PC_NAME,MS11-040,MS11-039,MS11-038,MS11-035 abc123,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable abc987,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Not Applicable tnt999,Not Applicable,Not Applicable,Applicable,Not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem creating graph with gnuplot with time on x-axis

Let me start by saying I'm new to gnuplot and not very good at unix at all.. Anyway, I'm each minute measuring temperature and humidity and saves the last 60 readings along with time in a textfile, values_minute. The contents of the file is formatted like this: time temperature humidity ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakro807
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot 3d binning

Hello I have a text file with tens of thousands of rows The format is x y where both x and y can be anything between -100 and +100. What I would like to do is have a 3d gnuplot where there are 10,000 squared or bins and each bin will count how many rows have a value that would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garethsays
1 Replies
graph(1)							   User Commands							  graph(1)

NAME
graph - draw a graph SYNOPSIS
graph [-a spacing [start]] [-b] [-c string] [-g gridstyle] [-l label] [-m connectmode] [-s] [-x [l] lower [ upper [spacing]]] [-y [l] lower [upper [spacing]]] [-h fraction] [-w fraction] [-r fraction] [-u fraction] [-t] ... DESCRIPTION
graph with no options takes pairs of numbers from the standard input as abscissaes and ordinates of a graph. Successive points are con- nected by straight lines. The standard output from graph contains plotting instructions suitable for input to plot(1B) or to the command lpr -g (see lpr(1B)). If the coordinates of a point are followed by a nonnumeric string, that string is printed as a label beginning on the point. Labels may be surrounded with quotes "...", in which case they may be empty or contain blanks and numbers; labels never contain NEWLINE characters. A legend indicating grid range is produced with a grid unless the -s option is present. OPTIONS
Each option is recognized as a separate argument. If a specified lower limit exceeds the upper limit, the axis is reversed. -a spacing[ start ] Supply abscissaes automatically (they are missing from the input); spacing is the spacing (default 1). start is the starting point for automatic abscissaes (default 0 or lower limit given by -x). -b Break (disconnect) the graph after each label in the input. -c string String is the default label for each point. -g gridstyle Gridstyle is the grid style: 0 no grid, 1 frame with ticks, 2 full grid (default). -l label label is label for graph. -m connectmode Mode (style) of connecting lines: 0 disconnected, 1 connected (default). Some devices give distinguishable line styles for other small integers. -s Save screen, do not erase before plotting. -x [ l ] lower [ upper [ spacing ] ] If l is present, x axis is logarithmic. lower and upper are lower (and upper) x limits. spacing, if present, is grid spacing on x axis. Normally these quantities are determined automatically. -y [ l ] lower [ upper [ spacing ] ] If l is present, y axis is logarithmic. lower and upper are lower (and upper) y limits. spacing, if present, is grid spacing on y axis. Normally these quantities are determined automatically. -h fraction fraction of space for height. -w fraction fraction of space for width. -r fraction fraction of space to move right before plotting. -u fraction fraction of space to move up before plotting. -t Transpose horizontal and vertical axes. Option -x now applies to the vertical axis. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lpr(1B), plot(1B), spline(1), plot(3PLOT), attributes(5) BUGS
graph stores all points internally and drops those for which there is no room. Segments that run out of bounds are dropped, not windowed. Logarithmic axes may not be reversed. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 graph(1)