Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Problem with extract PDFs from huge files. Post 303045999 by mrAibo on Tuesday 21st of April 2020 10:03:53 AM
Old 04-21-2020
This is the IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) bfs files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from a huge file?

Hi, I have a huge file of bibliographic records in some standard format.I need a script to do some repeatable task as follows: 1. Needs to create folders as the strings starts with "item_*" from the input file 2. Create a file "contents" in each folders having "license.txt(tab... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a piece of information from a huge file

Hello All, I need some assistance to extract a piece of information from a huge file. The file is like this one : database information ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccc os information cccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcor
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a subset from a huge dataset

Hi, All I have a huge file which has 450G. Its tab-delimited format is as below x1 A 50020 1 x1 B 50021 8 x1 C 50022 9 x1 A 50023 10 x2 D 50024 5 x2 C 50025 7 x2 F 50026 8 x2 N 50027 1 : : Now, I want to extract a subset from this file. In this subset, column 1 is x10, column 2 is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cliffyiu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 folders to find several missing files among huge amounts of files.

Hi, all: I've got two folders, say, "folder1" and "folder2". Under each, there are thousands of files. It's quite obvious that there are some files missing in each. I just would like to find them. I believe this can be done by "diff" command. However, if I change the above question a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running Perl Script with huge data files

Hello Everyone, I have a perl script that reads two types of data files (txt and XML). These data files are huge and large in number. I am using something like this : foreach my $t (@text) { open TEXT, $t or die "Cannot open $t for reading: $!\n"; while(my $line=<TEXT>){ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three Difference File Huge Data Comparison Problem.

I got three different file: Part of File 1 ARTPHDFGAA . . Part of File 2 ARTGHHYESA . . Part of File 3 ARTPOLYWEA . . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pdfs in command line

Hi, I'm trying to search for a particular phrase in a large number of PDFs in a particular directory. What I've done so far only prints out the line, but I haven't been able to display in which file the phrase appears. find . -name '*.pdf' -exec pdftotext {} - \; | grep "search phrase" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance problem with removing duplicates in a huge file (50+ GB)

I'm trying to remove duplicate data from an input file with unsorted data which is of size >50GB and write the unique records to a new file. I'm trying and already tried out a variety of options posted in similar threads/forums. But no luck so far.. Any suggestions please ? Thanks !! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannan K
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract few content from a huge list of files

I have a huge list of files (about 300,000) which have a pattern like this. .I 1 .U 87049087 .S Am J Emerg .M Allied Health Personnel/*; Electric Countershock/*; .T Refibrillation managed by EMT-Ds: .P ARTICLE. .W Some patients converted from ventricular fibrillation to organized... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script monitor directory and subdirectories for new pdfs

I need bash script that monitor folders for new pdf files and create xml file for rss feed with newest files on the list. I have some script, but it reports errors. #!/bin/bash SYSDIR="/var/www/html/Intranet" HTTPLINK="http://TYPE.IP.ADDRESS.HERE/pdfs" FEEDTITLE="Najnoviji dokumenti na... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: markus1981
20 Replies
audio2tape(1)							     Emulators							     audio2tape(1)

NAME
audio2tape - Sinclair ZX Spectrum audio to tape file converter SYNOPSIS
audio2tape [-t type] [-s] [-r] [-k] [-z level] [-c level] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
audio2tape converts audio files to ZX Spectrum tape images. OPTIONS
-t type causes type to be used as the level detection trigger. There are two triggers implemented; the simple trigger just uses a threshold value to convert to a one or zero on output, and the schmitt trigger implements a Schmitt trigger which outputs a less noisy signal, but requires a stronger signal to noise ratio than the simple trigger. The default trigger is "schmitt". -s causes the display of a frequency graph showing the sound levels present in the audio file. This can be useful when selecting good crossover points. -r causes any ROM blocks that are recognised to use idealised timing figures rather than the exact ones found in the audio file. -k causes the tape file that is produced to keep any audio data from the original audio file that isn't recognised. This will allow unsupported loading schemes, encryption tones etc. to be preserved in the file that is produced. -z level causes level to be used as the zero point in the supplied audio file, it allows adjustment for a DC offset in the audio file. The default level is 127 from a range of 0-255. -c level causes level to be used as the Schmitt trigger noise threshold, this reduces the sensitivity to noise in the provided file. The default level is 8 from a range of 0-127. infile specifies the audio file to be converted. This file can be in any of the tape formats supported by libaudiofile. outfile specifies the output tape file. The format will be determined by the file extension and can be in any of the formats libspectrum(3) supports for output. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
fuse(1), fuse-utils(1), libspectrum(3), listbasic(1), tapeconv(1), tzxlist(1), snap2tzx(1), tape2wav(1) The comp.sys.sinclair Spectrum FAQ, at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/index.html. AUTHOR
Fredrick Meunier (fredm@spamcop.net). Version 1.0.0 16th December, 2010 audio2tape(1)