Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Compare 2 files using awk but exclude header record from each file Post 303045936 by vgersh99 on Saturday 18th of April 2020 03:47:01 PM
Old 04-18-2020
wouldn't FNR>1 do the job?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to exclude a record from unix file

I want to exclude records from my unix file that have a specific pattern. How can I do this? Thanks. Ryan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ryan2786
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to update header record

I am using HP UX and think this may be done with awk but bot sure. I have a file with a several header records and undeneath many detail records I need to put in the header record the number of detail records above this header record and number of detail records below this header record Header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: klut
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip parsing the header record - Awk

Guys.... Got a scenario in which I need to skip parsing the header record while I do an awk. Does awk has the flexibility to accomplish this?. If so, how do we do this?. Thanks !!! -Anduzzi :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exclude the header in shell script using awk

Hello Everyone In my shell script, I am retrieving the cluster ID and node number of an LPAR using the following command - lsclcfg -l This command's output looks as follows - CLUSTER_NAME CLUSTER_ID NODE_NR sch1h004 6104567 3 I want to store only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gates1580
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK exclude first and last record, sort and print

Hi everyone, I've really searched for a solution to this and this is what I found so far: I need to sort a command output (here represented as a "cat file" command) and from the second down to the second-last line based on the second row and then print ALL the output with the specified section... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude the header row in the file to validate

Hi All, File contains header row.. we need to exclude the header row...no need to validate the first row in the file. Data in the file should take valid data(two columns)..we need to exclude the more than two columns in the file except the first line. email|firstname a|123|100 b|345... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare current record,with next and previous record in awk without using array?

Hi! all can any one tell me how to compare current record of column with next and previous record in awk without using array my case is like this input.txt 0 32 1 26 2 27 3 34 4 26 5 25 6 24 9 23 0 32 1 28 2 15 3 26 4 24 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude the header row while splitting the file

Hi All, i have script like ... "TYPE_ID" "ID" "LIST_ID" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" "18" "52010" "1059" i am using the below code it's not taking the header row. awk -F"\t" -v file=test1.txt -v file1=test2.txt ' { if(... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a header record (tab delimited) in multiple files

Hi Forum. I'm struggling to find a solution for the following issue. I have multiple files a1.txt, a2.txt, a3.txt, etc. and I would like to insert a tab-delimited header record at the beginning of each of the files. This is my code so far but it's not working as expected. for i in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and find match and print the header of the second file

Hi, I have two input files; file1 and file2. I compare them based on matched values in 1 column and print selected columns of the second file (file2). I got the result but the header was not printed. i want the header of file2 to be printed together with the result. Then i did below codes:- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_COMPRESS(1)