Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed add match +N to next line Post 303045935 by stinkefisch on Saturday 18th of April 2020 03:43:14 PM
Old 04-18-2020
sed add match +N to next line

Hi all,

I got some data in this format

Code:
A: a b c dA: e f g hA: i j k lA: m n o p

Could someone please help me out to get ti in this format ?

Code:
A: a b c d
A: e f g h
A: i j k l
A: m n o p

I'd like to match A: and move it in the line below

Thank you very much
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please use code tags when posting data and code samples!

Last edited by vgersh99; 04-18-2020 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Replace Line which contains the Pattern match with a new line

I need to replace the line containing "STAGE_DB" with the line "STAGE_DB $DB # database that contains the table being loaded ($workingDB)" Here $DB is passed during the runtime. How can I do this? Thanks, Kousikan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kousikan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple line match using sed

Please help! Input pattern, where ... could be any number of lines struct A { Blah1 Blah2 Blah3 ... } B; output pattern struct AB { Blah1 Blah2 Blah3 ... }; I need help in extracting everything between { and } if it would have been on a single line { \(.*\)} should have worked. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiftinDotCom
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: find match and delete the line above

I am searching a dhcpd.conf to find the hardware ethernet match, then once the match is found delete just the line above it. For example: testmachine.example { hardware ethernet 00:00:00:00:00:00; fixed address 192.168.1.100; next-server 192.168.1.101; filename "linux-install/pxelinux.0"; }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - adding blank line after each Range Match

the following range matching works great but i wish to add a blank line after each range result set... which i've tried and researched to no avail MY INPUT DATA: CURRENT CODE I'M USING: sed -n '/*$/,/;/p' $INPUT_FILE RESULTS I'M GETTING: RESULT I looking to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed scripting, match text within line and replace

New to sed... Have a file foo.txt (below). Need to replace text on 2 lines, but can only feed sed the first few characters of each line (all lines are unique). So, in my example, I have put '$' in place of what I need to figure out how to feed the whole line. What I have thus far: sed -e... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED, match a line block

Hello, I want to do a simple substitution using sed but I can't find a solution. Basically, from a Apache conf file, I would like to remove everything included between the <VirtualHost> and </VirtualHost> e.g SSLMutex file:/var/run/ssl_mutex <VirtualHost _default_:443> # A lot of config that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertFord
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Match a line from a File

Hi, I want to match a line which exists in a file. I have written a test script similar to below - The content of the file file.txt would be like this - /usr/bin/1234.xcf /usr/bin/3456.xcf /usr/bin/7897.xcf /usr/bin/2345.xcf out=`sed -n '\/usr\/bin\/7897.xcf/p' file.txt 2>&1`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-sed help : to remove first and last line with pattern match:

awk , sed Experts, I want to remove first and last line after pattern match "vg" : I am trying : # sed '1d;$d' works fine , but where the last line is not having vg entry it is deleting one line of data. - So it should check for the pattern vg if present , then it should delete the line ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or sed - printing line only with exact match

Hello. In my script, some command return : q | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | i586 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)