Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare an item in one line of a file against an item in the next line of the same file Post 303045915 by vgersh99 on Saturday 18th of April 2020 07:12:56 AM
Old 04-18-2020
a bit verbose (assuming 'drop' comes first), but....
awk -f cham.awk ruleSetFile.txt where cham.awk is:
Code:
{
  idx=""
  slide=(/drop/)?2:1
  for(i=1;i<=NF-slide;i++)
     idx=(i==1)?$i:idx $i
}
/drop/{d[idx]=$0;next}
/log/ && (idx in d) {delete d[idx]}
END {
  for(i in d)
    print d[i]
}

results in:
Code:
set security firewall name Private-to-AA rule 25 action 'drop'
set security firewall name local default-action 'drop'

Last edited by vgersh99; 04-18-2020 at 08:31 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file and stopping at first item found

Hello, I try to write a shell script that would list all files on a directory and stop when it finds the first item specified on a find or ls command. How can I tell to the find or ls command to stop when it finds the first ".doc" file for example ? Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davchris
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading each item from a formatted file

Hi, I have a file generated like this - 1. Fire SQL and store the formatted output in a temp file echo "select path, empid, age from emp_tbl" | /usr/sql emp_db 2 > count_file | grep vol > tempFile 2. The tempFile looks like this after the above statement /vol/emp1 0732 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print new item in file with symbol

Dear all, I have encountered some problem here. I prompt the user for input and store it into a data file, eg. key in name and marks so the data file will look like this andrew 80 ben 75 and the next input is carine 90. So the problem here is i want to print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: branred
2 Replies

4. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare file line by line with awk

im a newbee to unix. I have a requirement to compare two files with awk. file1.txt a b c d e file2.txt a b d e here i want to compare each line in file1 with corresponding line in file2 and prinf the line with difference. ie to check required result as shown below a=a (dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranps
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare previous and current item in for loop in bash?

Hey, I am trying to compare formated login and logout dates from one user at a host which I have stored in a tmp directory in order to find out the total login time. I need to compare them in order to find overlapping intervals. At first I tried to store each log in and logo date in an array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mumu123
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zabbix item for last line of a log file

Dear all,Zabbix version : 2.4 (yes, I know, upgrading soon - honest) Server OS version : CentOS 6, 64-bit (CentOS 7 with the Zabbix upgrade)I've got a large log file that I would like to read by an external process. It's basically the same as reading the item value on a web-page. I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies
S3LS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  S3LS(1p)

NAME
s3ls - List S3 buckets and bucket contents SYNOPSIS
s3ls [options] s3ls [options] [ [ bucket | bucket/item ] ...] Options: --access-key AWS Access Key ID --secret-key AWS Secret Access Key --long Environment: AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET OPTIONS
--help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. --verbose Output what is being done as it is done. --access-key and --secret-key Specify the "AWS Access Key Identifiers" for the AWS account. --access-key is the "Access Key ID", and --secret-key is the "Secret Access Key". These are effectively the "username" and "password" to the AWS account, and should be kept confidential. The access keys MUST be specified, either via these command line parameters, or via the AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET environment variables. Specifying them on the command line overrides the environment variables. --secure Uses SSL/TLS HTTPS to communicate with the AWS service, instead of HTTP. --long ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID and AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET Specify the "AWS Access Key Identifiers" for the AWS account. AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID contains the "Access Key ID", and AWS_ACCESS_KEY_SECRET contains the "Secret Access Key". These are effectively the "username" and "password" to the AWS service, and should be kept confidential. The access keys MUST be specified, either via these environment variables, or via the --access-key and --secret-key command line parameters. If the command line parameters are set, they override these environment variables. CONFIGURATION FILE
The configuration options will be read from the file "~/.s3-tools" if it exists. The format is the same as the command line options with one option per line. For example, the file could contain: --access-key <AWS access key> --secret-key <AWS secret key> --secure This example configuration file would specify the AWS access keys and that a secure connection using HTTPS should be used for all communications. DESCRIPTION
Lists the buckets owned by the user, or all the item keys in a given bucket, or attributes associated with a given item. If no buckets or bucket/itemkey is specified on the command line, all the buckets owned by the user are listed. If the "--long" option is specified, the creation date of each bucket is also output. If a bucket name is specified on the command line, all the item keys in that bucket are listed. If the "--long" option is specified, the ID and display string of the item owner, the creation date, the MD5, and the size of the item are also output. If a bucket name and an item key, seperated by a slash character, is specified on the command line, then the bucket name and the item key are output. This is useful to check that the item actually exists. If the "--long" option is specified, all the HTTP attributes of the item are also output. This will include Content-Length, Content-Type, ETag (which is the MD5 of the item contents), and Last-Modifed. It may also include the HTTP attributes Content-Language, Expires, Cache-Control, Content-Disposition, and Content-Encoding. It will also include any x-amz- metadata headers. BUGS
Report bugs to Mark Atwood mark@fallenpegasus.com. Occasionally the S3 service will randomly fail for no externally apparent reason. When that happens, this tool should retry, with a delay and a backoff. Access to the S3 service can be authenticated with a X.509 certificate, instead of via the "AWS Access Key Identifiers". This tool should support that. It might be useful to be able to specify the "AWS Access Key Identifiers" in the user's "~/.netrc" file. This tool should support that. Errors and warnings are very "Perl-ish", and can be confusing. Trying to access a bucket or item that does not exist or is not accessable by the user generates less than helpful error messages. This tool does not efficiently handle listing huge buckets, as it downloads and parses the entire bucket listing, before it outputs anything. This tool does not take advantage of the prefix, delimiter, and hierarchy features of the AWS S3 key listing API. AUTHOR
Written by Mark Atwood mark@fallenpegasus.com. Many thanks to Wotan LLC <http://wotanllc.com>, for supporting the development of these S3 tools. Many thanks to the Amazon AWS engineers for developing S3. SEE ALSO
These tools use the Net::Amazon:S3 Perl module. The Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is documented at <http://aws.amazon.com/s3>. perl v5.10.0 2009-03-08 S3LS(1p)