Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare an item in one line of a file against an item in the next line of the same file Post 303045909 by championc on Friday 17th of April 2020 05:48:41 PM
Old 04-17-2020
Thanks for taking the time to reply

I am trying to work with a firewall ruleset. Every DROP rule should have a partner LOG rule. But from the following, you can see that two rules do not have a corresponding LOG rule. So I am trying to process the file and identify all rules I have a DROP but no LOG. The two offenders in this selection below are in BOLD

Code:
set security firewall name Private-to-AA rule 25 action 'drop'
set security firewall name Private-to-AA rule 9999 action 'drop'
set security firewall name Private-to-AA rule 9999 'log'
set security firewall name Private-to-BB default-action 'drop'
set security firewall name Private-to-BB 'default-log'
set security firewall name Private-to-CC default-action 'drop'
set security firewall name Private-to-CC 'default-log'
set security firewall name Private-to-CC rule 9999 action 'drop'
set security firewall name Private-to-CC rule 9999 'log'
set security firewall name Private-to-DD default-action 'drop'
set security firewall name Private-to-DD 'default-log'
set security firewall name Private-to-DD rule 9999 action 'drop'
set security firewall name Private-to-DD rule 9999 'log'
set security firewall name local default-action 'drop'
set security firewall name local rule 10 action 'drop'
set security firewall name local rule 10 'log'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file and stopping at first item found

Hello, I try to write a shell script that would list all files on a directory and stop when it finds the first item specified on a find or ls command. How can I tell to the find or ls command to stop when it finds the first ".doc" file for example ? Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davchris
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading each item from a formatted file

Hi, I have a file generated like this - 1. Fire SQL and store the formatted output in a temp file echo "select path, empid, age from emp_tbl" | /usr/sql emp_db 2 > count_file | grep vol > tempFile 2. The tempFile looks like this after the above statement /vol/emp1 0732 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print new item in file with symbol

Dear all, I have encountered some problem here. I prompt the user for input and store it into a data file, eg. key in name and marks so the data file will look like this andrew 80 ben 75 and the next input is carine 90. So the problem here is i want to print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: branred
2 Replies

4. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare file line by line with awk

im a newbee to unix. I have a requirement to compare two files with awk. file1.txt a b c d e file2.txt a b d e here i want to compare each line in file1 with corresponding line in file2 and prinf the line with difference. ie to check required result as shown below a=a (dont... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranps
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file line by line and compare subset of 1st line with 2nd?

Hi all, I have a log file say Test.log that gets updated continuously and it has data in pipe separated format. A sample log file would look like: <date1>|<data1>|<url1>|<result1> <date2>|<data2>|<url2>|<result2> <date3>|<data3>|<url3>|<result3> <date4>|<data4>|<url4>|<result4> What I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare previous and current item in for loop in bash?

Hey, I am trying to compare formated login and logout dates from one user at a host which I have stored in a tmp directory in order to find out the total login time. I need to compare them in order to find overlapping intervals. At first I tried to store each log in and logo date in an array... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mumu123
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zabbix item for last line of a log file

Dear all,Zabbix version : 2.4 (yes, I know, upgrading soon - honest) Server OS version : CentOS 6, 64-bit (CentOS 7 with the Zabbix upgrade)I've got a large log file that I would like to read by an external process. It's basically the same as reading the item value on a web-page. I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies
USBHIDCTL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      USBHIDCTL(1)

NAME
usbhidctl -- manipulate USB HID devices SYNOPSIS
usbhidctl -f device [-t table] [-v] [-x] -r usbhidctl -f device [-t table] [-l] [-v] [-x] [-z] -a usbhidctl -f device [-t table] [-l] [-n] [-v] [-x] [-z] item ... usbhidctl -f device [-t table] [-v] [-z] -w item=value ... DESCRIPTION
The usbhidctl utility can be used to dump and modify the state of a USB HID (Human Interface Device). Each named item is printed. If the -w flag is specified usbhidctl attempts to set the specified items to the given values. The options are as follows: -a Show all items and their current values if device returns. -f device Specify a path name for the device to operate on. -l Loop and dump the device data every time it changes. -n Suppress printing of the item name. -r Dump the report descriptor. -t table Specify a path name for the HID usage table file. -v Be verbose. -w Change item values. Only 'output' and 'feature' kinds can be set with this option. -x Dump data in hexadecimal as well as decimal. -z Reset reports to zero before processing other arguments. If not specified, current values will be requested from device. SYNTAX
usbhidctl compares the names of items specified on the command line against the human interface items reported by the USB device. Each human interface item is mapped from its native form to a human readable name, using the HID usage table file. Command line items are compared with the generated item names, and the USB HID device is operated on when a match is found. Each human interface item is named by the "page" it appears in, the "usage" within that page, and the list of "collections" containing the item. Each collection in turn is also identified by page, and the usage within that page. On the usbhidctl command line the page name is separated from the usage name with the character ':'. The collections are separated by the character '.'. Some devices give the same name to more than one item. usbhidctl supports isolating each item by appending a '#'. character and a decimal item instance number, starting at zero. FILES
/usr/share/misc/usb_hid_usages The default HID usage table. SEE ALSO
usbhid(3), uhid(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The usbhidctl command appeared in NetBSD 1.4. BSD
August 1, 2011 BSD