Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tar change ownership after untar Post 303045907 by sdosanjh on Friday 17th of April 2020 04:42:31 PM
Old 04-17-2020
Can anyone please help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Preserving Ownership w/tar

I'm trying to make a backup of a directory tree on Solaris 8. I'm doing this with my own ID, not root. The problem I am running into is when I extract the archive, all files are owned by me and the group is my default group. The man page lists this as the default behavior when executed by a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bergerj3
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Untar a TAR file at different location

Hi, I want to UNTAR a TAR file at different location. Is it possible? My TAR file contains the files with absolute path. Malay (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar utility (untar a .tar file) on VxWorks

Hi All Can someone pls guide me if there any utility to compress file on windows & uncompress on vxworks I tried as - - compressed some folders on windows ... i created .tar ( to maintain directory structure ) and compressed to .gz format. - on VxWorks i have uncompressed it to .tar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday_01
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to untar latest tar file

I am trying to put together a script that will check for the latest file in a directory then extract it. The extraction and the scheduling I can do, but am not sure how to get it to check for the latest file. These files are uploaded every evening by an external party and the previous days files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stheologo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar and untar commands

I have a script to ftp, archive and delete files. I used tar command to archive files from a list and then all files were removed from name1/name2/name2/. find /name1/name2/name2/ -name "*.txt" -print > filelist.log while read line do if ; then tar cvf $tarfile $line else ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar a tar file

how can I untar a file without extracting it? sample: file.tar to file thanks, lara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar and untar the files using single line

Hi, i want tar the files from one location and untar it to other location using single line. Can any one help me zip and unzip using single line command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

tar/untar over ssh

I use red hat linux. I have two linux server . I want to use tar over ssh to tar and untar the file. The server A , have IP 10.1.1.a ,there is dir a and contain files. The server B have IP 10.1.1.b , there is dir b and contain file . So, in above case ,how can I tar over ssh sunc that the file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Untar tar.gz to particular directory

Hi Guys, I am able to untar a tar.gz file. But it is again extracting the tar file to further child directory. I even tried the below command to untar it to particular directory. tar -zxvf gme_dly_sls_20120515035335.txt.tar.gz -C /sites/VSTAR/site/live/ftp/GMEUROPE I am getting the below... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar only folder structure from a tar ball

I have a tar file hello.tar which is 95 GB. hello.tar has many files and folders including some tar files as well. I wish to create a new tar ball which should maintain only the folder structure of hello.tar and the tar ball within the hello.tar So basically the idea is to untar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
SIGSETOPS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      SIGSETOPS(3)

NAME
sigemptyset, sigfillset, sigaddset, sigdelset, sigismember - POSIX signal set operations. SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigemptyset(sigset_t *set); int sigfillset(sigset_t *set); int sigaddset(sigset_t *set, int signum); int sigdelset(sigset_t *set, int signum); int sigismember(const sigset_t *set, int signum); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): sigemptyset(), sigfillset(), sigaddset(), sigdelset(), sigismember(): _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 1 || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _POSIX_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
These functions allow the manipulation of POSIX signal sets. sigemptyset() initializes the signal set given by set to empty, with all signals excluded from the set. sigfillset() initializes set to full, including all signals. sigaddset() and sigdelset() add and delete respectively signal signum from set. sigismember() tests whether signum is a member of set. Objects of type sigset_t must be initialized by a call to either sigemptyset() or sigfillset() before being passed to the functions sigaddset(), sigdelset() and sigismember() or the additional glibc functions described below (sigisemptyset(), sigandset(), and sig- orset()). The results are undefined if this is not done. RETURN VALUE
sigemptyset(), sigfillset(), sigaddset(), and sigdelset() return 0 on success and -1 on error. sigismember() returns 1 if signum is a member of set, 0 if signum is not a member, and -1 on error. On error, these functions set errno to indicate the cause. ERRORS
EINVAL sig is not a valid signal. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
Glibc notes If the _GNU_SOURCE feature test macro is defined, then <signal.h> exposes three other functions for manipulating signal sets. int sigisemptyset(sigset_t *set); returns 1 if set contains no signals, and 0 otherwise. int sigorset(sigset_t *dest, sigset_t *left, sigset_t *right); places the union of the sets left and right in dest. int sigandset(sigset_t *dest, sigset_t *left, sigset_t *right); places the intersection of the sets left and right in dest. sigorset() and sigandset() return 0 on success, and -1 on failure. These functions are nonstandard (a few other systems provide similar functions) and their use should be avoided in portable applications. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigpending(2), sigprocmask(2), sigsuspend(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2013-04-19 SIGSETOPS(3)