Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log checking script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log checking script Post 303045899 by vgersh99 on Friday 17th of April 2020 01:12:52 PM
Old 04-17-2020
change
Code:
LOG="pdb.lg psmseis.lg psyseis.lg"

to
Code:
LOG="{pdb.lg,psmseis.lg,psyseis.lg}"

Read up on Brace Expansion in your favorite shell's man page.

There're other issues with the script to debug/fix I'm not going to go into atm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking for script errors

ok, i have a script which i use to search my process' for specific keywords and kill any process containing them. there is a prompt to enter a keyword for searching and another prompt for which user you want to search the process' of. i want the script to have something that if you entered a search... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

log file checking

Hi, I want to write a script which will count the occurence of several different strings in a log file? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking size of the first line in a log file

Hi My test.log file looks like this: 0 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070322_115331917.log 34 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_151311385.log 12 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_151230001.log 2 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_101010001.log 0... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the directory and concatenate the data of all the log files in that dir

Hi Gurus, I am new to unix and need your help to make a shell script. I have a requirement, would appreciate if you could please help me on it: Requirement: ------------- I will pass 2 parameters in shell script 1). Directory name say errors 2). file extension say .log First of all this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshulinpc
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking yesterday's log

Hi, Have to check log file for yesterday, I have tried this script, but it is showing error as -d illegal option. res=max_total`date -d'yesterday'+%y%m%d`.log res=max_total`date +%y%m%d`.log this is working fine for today. Please help me on this. Thanks in advance, Neha. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File checking script need help

Hi, Gurus, I need a scripts to check specified file if it exists or not at certain time (say every month between 5th and 7th). if file exists do something otherwise do another thing. can anybody help this? Thanks in advance :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with database checking script

I haven't coded in ksh in forever and this script is proving me not a great coder. I keep getting unexpected end of file when I try to execute this...Line 94 is the last line of the code.. #!/usr/bin/ksh . /home/oraprod/.bash_profile DBSID=prod # Database sid CONNECTSTR=apps/xxxxxxxx@prod #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkladb
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking postfix mail log with AWK

Hello, Few days ago I found a person checking his mail log by AWK. But unfortunately I forget to take the command from him. Today I got to need that command badly. Here is a reference. When I check from my mail log like this it will not show me the details. grep "from=<noreply@panix.com>"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinti
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)