Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cannot kill many processes whose ppid is 1 Post 303045886 by MadeInGermany on Friday 17th of April 2020 01:49:54 AM
Old 04-17-2020
Check the process state (S column) with
Code:
ps -flu xpinvoice

Are they in D state?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to kill processes with PPID of 1

Hi, I have been trying to come up with a script to run as a cron job to kill any processes that have PPID of 1. I have created a file that contains the PID and the PPID. How can I read this file and then execute a kill on any PID where PPID is 1. The file looks like this: 4904 1 4455 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbaysdon
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill all processes

i have a very short file that has in it a line for a find command. now, when i run this script and I kill the script later, using the ps -ef | grep scriptname. i noticed kill -9 kills the script itself but does not kill the internal find command that it gave birth to. say theres a file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Kill processes

Hi guys, I am new to Unix shell scripting. Can anyone of you tell me how to kill all the processes at a time for a particular user?(No listing the process ID of each process in the kill -9 command). Thanks in Advance, -Hary (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tadi18
5 Replies

4. Solaris

kill processes

how to kill the processes of aperticular user? because i have nearly 25000 process are there for perticular user. i need to kill. Please provide the information? Regards, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmrajesh21
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Read/kill processes

Hi, I read a set of processes with: ps -eaf|grep oracleTRLV The result is: oracle 23253 1 0 15:14:11 ? 0:00 oracleTRLV (LOCAL=NO) oracle 23301 1 0 15:15:07 ? 0:00 oracleTRLV (LOCAL=NO) oracle 22914 1 0 15:11:19 ? 0:00 oracleTRLV (LOCAL=NO) How to I kill the "oracleTRLV" ones? Is there... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: NicoMan
17 Replies

6. Solaris

kill the processes seen under ptree

Hi, How to kill the processes running under ptree ? I am noticing lot of processes running under ptree with ssh ? I tried to kill with -9 option which is not working ? Thanks, Radhika. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhirk
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to kill parent and all of its sub processes

Hi, I am writing korn shell script. My requirement is, i have to kill the parent process and all of its child processes. Can some one please help me on this? Thanks in advance for your help.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill processes

for i in 'ps -f | grep textedit' do kill $i done I wrote this but it wont work. I am trying to find processes and kill them. Any help would be welcome. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawaiifiver
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill all user processes

Hi there, i've been searching all over and i thought i had understood the way i should go to kill all the processes related to a user. But i'm getting more confused then i was. By lunch time i have to make a database backup, and for that all the users shoul logout. The problem is that many users... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vascobrito
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kill a list of processes

I am trying to kill a list of processes. I have found these two ways to list a group of process id's on a single line. How would I go about killing all of these processes all on one line? $ ps aux | grep 6243 | grep "a.out" | awk '{printf "%s ",$2}'ps aux | grep 6243 | grep "a.out" | awk... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)