Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to define multiple environment variables in a shell script? Post 303045862 by RudiC on Thursday 16th of April 2020 06:46:24 AM
Old 04-16-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sravani25
Can someone please help me on this issue.

What exactly is the issue? As always: pls describe the error meticulously, add error messages and misbehaviour.

What I can say from looking at your script is that shell variables are not expanded within single quotes, so neither $user_name nor $passwd values will be passed to the .*profile files. If that is by intention, make sure the vaiables are defined in those scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help: sorting, incrementing environment variables and stuff

First: me == noob. Whats a good resource for shell script info cause I'm having trouble finding good info. I'm writing a shell script to automate the setup of a flash 'page flip'. My current code is below. the page flip takes an xml file of format <content> <pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secoif
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem accessing Multiple Variables from C Program to a Shell script

program name--test #!/bin/bash output1=`/home/user/a.c` output2=`/home/user/a.c` k=`$output1 + 1` m=`$output2 + 1` echo $k echo $m --------------------------------------------------------------------------- prgram name--a.c #include<stdio.h> int main() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameworld1980
1 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem setting environment variables from script

Hi all! I know that environment variables can be set on the .bashrc file, but I need to set them from a sh script. I saw a lot of websites that teach this but it doesn't work for me. #!/bin/sh DEKTOP=$DESKTOP=:/home/rrodrigues/Desktop export DESKTOP if I do echo $DESKTOP returns me... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Define variables with UNIX script

oopps! I Meant "Define Variables within a UNIX Script" What would be the best way to define a variable in a unix shell script so anyone who views this script doesn't know what value is assigned to that variable. some other location... a="/usr/lib/fileA" Unix script... sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

environment variables in a sed script file

Hello Everyone I need to create a script file which must append some lines to a target text file, I'm using sed for windows, the script file look like this: { a\ STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE\ BEGIN\ 5, 150 {a\ #define RC_SHELL, "%ID_SHELL%"\ #define RC_NAME, "%ID_NAME%"\ END } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Datastage environment variables in Unix script

Hi All, I am using ETL tool Datastage and is installed on Linux environment. Few environment variables are set in datastage. Now my requirement is to use those environment variables in a unix script. Is there any option I can do it? Sugeestions from people working on datastage and linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bghosh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a script to define variables and run multiple other scripts in succession.

I'm pretty new to scripting in Korn shell so please forgive me... What I'm trying to do is to create a script that calls multiple other ksh scripts and defines variables for text files. I need it to define my user defined variables (file paths, date & time stamps, etc that are currently in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluejwxn8
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing .cshrc (C shell) environment variables to bash

I have tried with the following: csh -c 'source ~/.cshrc; exec bash' # works perfectly (cat ~/.cshrc; echo exec bash) | csh # not working And, using sed, I successfully retrieved the environment variables from ~/.cshrc sed -rn 's/setenv\s+(\S+)\s+(.*)$/export \1=\2/p' ~/.cshrc but now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

9. Linux

How to store count of multiple queries in variables in a shell script?

how to store the count of queries in variables inside a filein shell script my output : filename ------- variable1=result from 1st query variable2=result from 2nd query . . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define two digits variable in shell script?

Dear Shell script Experts, I am working on shell script which is defined here, qsub_seq.csh . The purpose of this script is to read few input files (with defined starting index and last index) and make processing faster over server. For some task, I had 1064 of input files, so I wrote another... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies
scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)				       Sun Cluster Commands					scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)

NAME
scha_resourcetype_get - access resource type information SYNOPSIS
scha_resourcetype_get -O optag -T type DESCRIPTION
The scha_resourcetype_get command accesses information about a resource type that is registered with the Resource Group Manager (RGM). Use this command in shell script implementations of the callback methods for resource types that represent services that are controlled by the RGM. This command provides the same information as the scha_resourcetype_get(3HA) C function. Information is output by this command to the standard output (stdout) in formatted strings, as described in the scha_cmds(1HA) man page. Output is a string or several strings that are output on separate lines. You can store the output in shell variables. You can also parse the output by using the awk(1) command or other shell commands for further use by the script. You need solaris.cluster.resource.read RBAC authorization to use this command. See the rbac(5) man page. Authorized users can issue privileged Sun Cluster commands on the command line from the pfsh(1), pfcsh(1), or pfksh(1) profile shell. A profile shell is a special kind of shell that enables you to access privileged Sun Cluster commands that are assigned to the Sun Cluster Commands rights profile. A profile shell is launched when you run su(1M) to assume a role. You can also use pfexec(1) to issue privileged Sun Cluster commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -O optag Indicates the information to be accessed. Note - optag options, such as API_VERSION and BOOT, are not case sensitive. You can use any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters when you specify optag options. The following optag values retrieve the corresponding resource type properties. The value of the named property of the resource's type is output. API_VERSION BOOT FAILOVER FINI INIT INIT_NODES INSTALLED_NODES IS_LOGICAL_HOSTNAME IS_SHARED_ADDRESS MONITOR_CHECK MONITOR_START MONITOR_STOP PKGLIST POSTNET_STOP PRENET_START RESOURCE_LIST RT_BASEDIR RT_DESCRIPTION RT_SYSTEM RT_VERSION SINGLE_INSTANCE START STOP UPDATE VALIDATE -T type Is the name of a resource type that is registered for use by the RGM cluster facility. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. nonzero An error occurred. Failure error codes are described scha_calls(3HA). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
awk(1), scha_cmds(1HA), scha_calls(3HA), scha_resourcetype_get(3HA), attributes(5), rt_properties(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 31 May 2006 scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)