Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to define multiple environment variables in a shell script? Post 303045861 by sravani25 on Thursday 16th of April 2020 06:26:49 AM
Old 04-16-2020
How to define multiple environment variables in a shell script?

Hi All,
I am running a shell script on centos 7 to get some variable values and want to declare them as environment variables so that i will use them in another shell script.

I am using below script i am able to define one environment variable but it's not allowing me to do for another variable.

Can someone please help me on this issue.

Code:
 path=$(find $config_path -name abc.txt 2>/dev/null )

domain_path=$(cat $path |grep "domain location" )

boot=$(find $config_path -name boot.properties 2>/dev/null |head -1 )

user_name=$(cat $boot |grep username)
echo 'export NAME=$user_name' >> ~/.profile

passwd=$(cat $boot |grep password)
  echo $passwd
  echo 'export TEST=$passwd' >> ~/.bash_profile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script help: sorting, incrementing environment variables and stuff

First: me == noob. Whats a good resource for shell script info cause I'm having trouble finding good info. I'm writing a shell script to automate the setup of a flash 'page flip'. My current code is below. the page flip takes an xml file of format <content> <pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: secoif
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem accessing Multiple Variables from C Program to a Shell script

program name--test #!/bin/bash output1=`/home/user/a.c` output2=`/home/user/a.c` k=`$output1 + 1` m=`$output2 + 1` echo $k echo $m --------------------------------------------------------------------------- prgram name--a.c #include<stdio.h> int main() (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameworld1980
1 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem setting environment variables from script

Hi all! I know that environment variables can be set on the .bashrc file, but I need to set them from a sh script. I saw a lot of websites that teach this but it doesn't work for me. #!/bin/sh DEKTOP=$DESKTOP=:/home/rrodrigues/Desktop export DESKTOP if I do echo $DESKTOP returns me... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Define variables with UNIX script

oopps! I Meant "Define Variables within a UNIX Script" What would be the best way to define a variable in a unix shell script so anyone who views this script doesn't know what value is assigned to that variable. some other location... a="/usr/lib/fileA" Unix script... sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

environment variables in a sed script file

Hello Everyone I need to create a script file which must append some lines to a target text file, I'm using sed for windows, the script file look like this: { a\ STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE\ BEGIN\ 5, 150 {a\ #define RC_SHELL, "%ID_SHELL%"\ #define RC_NAME, "%ID_NAME%"\ END } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Datastage environment variables in Unix script

Hi All, I am using ETL tool Datastage and is installed on Linux environment. Few environment variables are set in datastage. Now my requirement is to use those environment variables in a unix script. Is there any option I can do it? Sugeestions from people working on datastage and linux... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bghosh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a script to define variables and run multiple other scripts in succession.

I'm pretty new to scripting in Korn shell so please forgive me... What I'm trying to do is to create a script that calls multiple other ksh scripts and defines variables for text files. I need it to define my user defined variables (file paths, date & time stamps, etc that are currently in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluejwxn8
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing .cshrc (C shell) environment variables to bash

I have tried with the following: csh -c 'source ~/.cshrc; exec bash' # works perfectly (cat ~/.cshrc; echo exec bash) | csh # not working And, using sed, I successfully retrieved the environment variables from ~/.cshrc sed -rn 's/setenv\s+(\S+)\s+(.*)$/export \1=\2/p' ~/.cshrc but now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

9. Linux

How to store count of multiple queries in variables in a shell script?

how to store the count of queries in variables inside a filein shell script my output : filename ------- variable1=result from 1st query variable2=result from 2nd query . . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanvel
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define two digits variable in shell script?

Dear Shell script Experts, I am working on shell script which is defined here, qsub_seq.csh . The purpose of this script is to read few input files (with defined starting index and last index) and make processing faster over server. For some task, I had 1064 of input files, so I wrote another... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-adkpqr] [-F pipe] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. The following options are available: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -d When playing back a session with the -p flag, do not sleep between records when playing back a timestamped session. -F pipe Immediately flush output after each write. This will allow a user to create a named pipe using mkfifo(1) and another user may watch the live session using a utility like cat(1). -k Log keys sent to the program as well as output. -p Play back a session recorded with the -r flag in real time. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start, stop and command status messages. -r Record a session with input, output, and timestamping. -t time Specify the interval at which the script output file will be flushed to disk, in seconds. A value of 0 causes script to flush after every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-D (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables are utilized by script: SCRIPT The SCRIPT environment variable is added to the sub-shell. If SCRIPT already existed in the users environment, its value is overwrit- ten within the sub-shell. The value of SCRIPT is the name of the typescript file. SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. The -d, -p and -r options first appeared in NetBSD 2.0 and were ported to FreeBSD 9.2. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when the terminal is in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. If script reads zero bytes from the terminal, it switches to a mode when it only attempts to read once a second until there is data to read. This prevents script from spinning on zero-byte reads, but might cause a 1-second delay in processing of user input. BSD
December 4, 2013 BSD