Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Control not returning to UNIX when sqlplus is executed in while loop of shell script Post 303045843 by preetham30 on Wednesday 15th of April 2020 09:33:26 AM
Old 04-15-2020
The issue is confirmed with the below
Code:
E_WLM_SQL_RESULT=`sqlplus -s /@${E_WLM_DB} <<!
      set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo on
      whenever SQLERROR exit SQL.SQLCODE
      whenever OSERROR exit 9
      $sql_Stmt;
      commit;
   !`

I have added exit at the end of the sqlplus. Still, it didn't help. I am just wondering why we face the issue intermittently. This block of the code is executed by all the scripts. 50+ scripts. Internally, it calls the sqlplus block to execute. I think that sqlplus is executed for much much more than thousands and out of those once it gets stuck. I have faced this issue today as well. Still not able to fix the issue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Returning Strings from C program to Unix shell script

Hi, Iam calling a C program from a Unix shell script. The (C) program reads encrypted username/password from a text file , decrypts and returns the decrypted string. Is there any way i can return the decrypted string to Unix shell program. My shell script uses the output of the program to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satguyz
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script couldn't be executed. Pls help!

I have wrriten a script to call sql script to do some work in database. However, the script couldn't be executed. The only information was: ksh: ./updt_attrib.ksh cannot execute. Please help me to identify where the problem is. I post script here for your reference. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/ksh ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
8 Replies

3. Programming

Returning Strings from C program to Unix shell script

Hi, I'm having a requirement where I need to call a C program from a shell script and return the value from the C program to shell script. I refered a thread in this forum. But using that command in the code, it is throwing an error clear_text_password=$(get_password) Error: bash:... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
24 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning un executed string to shell prompt

Hi all, i'm pritty new to chell scripting I'm trying to find a way to return a value to shell without it executing. is there a special character that will encase a sting including the command to a shell without executing, so waiting for the user to press enter. say i wanted to return a value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control from UNIX script is not returning to the Parent program

Hi All, My program flow is as below Windows batch -- > Cygwin batch --> zsh script There are multiple Cygwin batch scripts that are called from Windows batch file . But when i am executing the first cygwin batch script the control goes to the zsh file and executes and stoping from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have a UNIX script which will prepare anonymous oracle pl/sql block in a temporary file in run time and passes this file to sqlplus as given below. cat > $v_Input_File 2>>$v_Log << EOF BEGIN EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DML PARALLEL 16'; EXECUTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have exactly same issue @vikas_trl had in following link: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/259854-control-not-returning-sqlplus-calling-unix-shell-script.html I wonder if he or somebody else could find the issue's cause or the solution. Any help would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoQ
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)