Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Touch file inside directory referenced by wild card. Post 303045770 by jim mcnamara on Sunday 12th of April 2020 06:08:53 PM
Old 04-12-2020
I cannot test this on AIX; works on Linux and Solaris:
Code:
find . -name '/[Oo]racle/mymac' -exec touch {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using if with wild card patterns

Hi, Please help me. Suppose I have a file which contains files like: My file :/tmp/rooh_20020518.lst it consists: ASI00320225041925URD01 ASI00320225041925KER02 ASI00390228095244KER08 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls and wild card - Should be simple!

I am trying to cp files that have F0 as prefix in their name in path p1/p2 to path p3/p4 this command does not work - Why? (I am using HP/UX) cp p1/p2/F0* p3/p4 thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card in find perm

Hi, Is there a way to use find command to list the directories for certain permissions. I know we can use find . -type d -perm nnn, where nnn is the permission number . However I wold like to know if I wanna search for wild card permissions i.e 75* / 7* / 55* , as i do not know the actual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: braindrain
1 Replies

4. AIX

df, grep, wild card

Hi, I want to monitor my filesystem capacity and I want to df with grep wildcard for all 9*%. Is this possible? I want to replaced all the existing complicated scripts I have in the system. Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Existence of File with wild card using Csh

Hi All, I would like to find out the existence of files with wild card using CSH. I have used the below code but does not seem to work. Can any expert give me some advice ? set nonomatch set pattern = "_xxx" set filetype = ( *$pattern* ) if ( -e $filetype) then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wild card in if condition not working

Hi, I am using RHEL5. I have following if condition. if In the above condition, if the value of a contains word WARNING, it should match. i.e., WARNING_MESSAGE, CRITICAL WARNING, WARNING ALERT etc. it should match. For b, alert error, ALERT ERROR, ERROR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED, etc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user7509
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep using wild card issue

Hi, I am having a file (file1) having following contents " xet B - All Divers/All Rivers - - ns - " Now when i use cat file1 | grep 'RF' it doesn't returns anything. But on using cat file1 | grep 'RF*' shows me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with wild card [solved]

Can somebody help me with the following syntax? I want to find all files that end with *.arc SUFFIX=".arc" find /tmp -name "\*$SUFFIX" -print 2>/dev/null ---------- Post updated at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:41 PM ---------- got it thanks -name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash looking in different directory for file that isn't referenced in command

When I run the below bash I get the expected output, which is the sum of all matching targets less than 20 in $file1. The filename in the directory is fixed (in bold). for file1 in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/panel/reads/16-0000_EPIL70.txt ; do bname=`basename $file1` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find wild card directory and its files of some extensions

I want to use Find command to find directories that have certain name and them find files in that directory having only some extensions. So far, I have come up with this command to list directories with wild card name and list ALL the files in that directory. find . -type d -name prog\* -print... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
11 Replies
TREE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TREE(1)

NAME
tree - list contents of directories in a tree-like format. SYNOPSIS
tree [ -adfgilnpqstuxACDFN ] [ -P pattern ] [ -I pattern ] [ directory ... ] DESCRIPTION
Tree is a recursive directory listing program that produces a depth indented listing of files. Color is supported ala dircolors if the LS_COLORS environment variable is set, output is to a tty, and the -C flag is used. With no arguments, tree lists the files in the current directory. When directory arguments are given, tree lists all the files and/or directories found in the given directories each in turn. Upon completion of listing all files/directories found, tree returns the total number of files and/or directories listed. By default, when a symbolic link is encountered, the path that the symbolic link refers to is printed after the name of the link in the format: name -> real-path If the `-l' option is given and the symbolic link refers to an actual directory, then tree will follow the path of the symbolic link as if it were a real directory. OPTIONS
Tree understands the following command line switches: -a All files are printed. By default tree does not print hidden files (those beginning with a dot `.'). In no event does tree print the file system constructs `.' (current directory) and `..' (previous directory). -d List directories only. -f Prints the full path prefix for each file. -i Makes tree not print the indentation lines, useful when used in conjunction with the -f option. -l Follows symbolic links if they point to directories, as if they were directories. -x Stay on the current file-system only. Ala find -xdev. -P pattern List only those files that match the wild-card pattern. Note: you must use the -a option to also consider those files beginning with a dot `.' for matching. Valid wildcard operators are `*' (any zero or more characters), `?' (any single character), `[...]' (any single character listed between brackets (optional - (dash) for character range may be used: ex: [A-Z]), and `[^...]' (any sin- gle character not listed in brackets). -I pattern Do not list those files that match the wild-card pattern. -p Print the protections for each file (as per ls -l). -s Print the size of each file along with the name. -u Print the username, or UID # if no username is available, of the file. -g Print the group name, or GID # if no group name is available, of the file. -D Print the date of the last modification time for the file listed. -F Append a `/' for directories, a `=' for socket files, a `*' for executable files and a `|' for FIFO's, as per ls -F -q Print non-printable characters in filenames as question marks instead of the default caret notation. -N Print non-printable characters as is instead of the default caret notation. -t Sort the output by last modification time instead of alphabetically. -n Turn colorization off always, over-ridden by the -C option. -C Turn colorization on always, unless the LS_COLORS environment variable is not set. Useful to colorize output to a pipe. -A Turn on ANSI line graphics hack when printing the indentation lines. FILES
/etc/DIR_COLORS System color database. ~/.dircolors Users color database. ENVIRONMENT
LS_COLORS Color information created by dircolors AUTHOR
Steve Baker (ice@mama.indstate.edu) BUGS
None known. Not heavily tested. Needs a few more options, ala ls. SEE ALSO
dircolors(1L), ls(1L) UNIX Programmer's Manual TREE(1)