Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX create empty file
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers AIX create empty file Post 303045760 by big123456 on Sunday 12th of April 2020 10:09:31 AM
Old 04-12-2020
Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

simultaneously create three empty files?

I can't get touch to simultaneously create three empty files file1, file2, file3. I tried:$ touch filebut all I got was one file:$ fileWhat did I do wrong? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: na5m
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple text file from a single text file on AIX

Hi I need to create multiple text files from onc text file on AIX. The data of text files is as below: ********************************************** ********************************************** DBVERIFY: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Tue Nov 10 13:45:42 2009 Copyright (c) 1982,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodhi1978
11 Replies

4. AIX

how to create a variable block binary file on AIX

:confused: Hi there I have a requirement to create a variable block binary file on AIX. Once the file has been feed with info , the file needs to be ftp to MVS. The problem experienced; when transferring the file to MVS. MVS does not pick up the carriage return line feed, which OA OD ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke21
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cowardly refusing to create an empty archive

Hi, I am trying to write an Archive script that should look for files older than x days, zip them and move the zip to the archive directory and delete the files that have been zipped. I am not sure how i can handle this error: "cowardly refusing to create an empty archieve". Just wanted to know... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
9 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to create empty wav file

Dear All, Kindly explain me a command in unix to create a empty wav file with example. Thanks in Advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command to create multiple empty files(no trailing lines as well).

Hi, i need a single command to create multiple empty files(no trailing lines as well) and empty the files if already existing. please let me know or if this has been ansered, if some ocan share the link please, thanks > newfile.txt or :> newfile.txt do not work (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Onkar Banerjee
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create empty files from a list on file

Hello Guys. Please I would like to create empty files from a list In file1 will be the followin values, so i will like to create for each name a empty file. file1 2191off-r0.sps 2192off-r0.sps 2193off-r0.sps 2194off-r0.sps 2195off-r0.sps So I need to get 5 empty files. Thanks for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
7 Replies

9. Linux

How to create new empty utf8 file for appending?

Hey i try to create empty text file with utf-8 encoding without success what is the right way to do this ? tried with touch test.txt iconv -f UTF-8 -t UTF-8 test.txt or iconv -f latin1 -t UTF-8 test.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX command to create a empty dataset

Hi all, Is Der any unix command which will create a empty dataset ..?(in .ds ).I know we can use orchadmin dump command to view dataset data.. but how to create a dataset..? like sampledataset.ds thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
1 Replies
MSGUNTYPOT(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     MSGUNTYPOT(1)

NAME
msguntypot - update PO files when a typo is fixed in POT file SYNOPSIS
msguntypot -o old_pot -n new_pot pofiles ... DESCRIPTION
When you fix a trivial error which surely doesn't affect translations (e.g. a typo) in a POT file, you should unfuzzy the corresponding msgstr in the translated PO files to avoid so extra work to the translators. This task is difficult and error prone when done manually, and this tool is there to help doing so correctly. You just need to provide the two versions of the POT file: before the edition and after as marked in the above synopsis, and it all becomes automatic. HOW TO USE IT
In short, when you discover a typo in one of your [english] message, do the following: - Regenerate your POT and PO files. make -C po/ update-po # for message program translations debconf-updatepo # for debconf translations po4a po4a.conf # for po4a based documentation translations or something else, depending on your project's building settings. You know how to make sure your POT an PO files are uptodate, don't you?? - Make a copy of your POT file. cp myfile.pot myfile.pot.orig - Make a copy of all your files. mkdir po_fridge; cp *.po po_fridge - Fix your typo. $EDITOR the_file_in_which_there_is_a_typo - Regenerate your POT and PO files. See above. At this point, the typo fix fuzzied all the translations, and this unfortunate change is the only one between the PO files of your main directory and the one from the fridge. Here is how to solve this. - Discard fuzzy translation, restore the ones from the fridge. cp po_fridge/*.po . - Manually merge the PO files with the new POT file, but taking the useless fuzzy into account. msguntypot -o myfile.pot.orig -n myfile.pot *.po - Cleanups. rm -rf myfile.pot.orig po_fridge You're done. The typo was eradicated from msgstr of both your POT and PO files, and the PO files were not fuzzyied in the process. Your translators love you already. SEE ALSO
Despite its name, this tool is not part of the gettext tool suite. It is instead part of po4a. More precisely, it's a random Perl script using the fine po4a modules. For more information about po4a, please see: po4a(7) AUTHORS
Martin Quinson (mquinson#debian,org) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2005 by SPI, inc. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GPL (see the COPYING file). perl v5.14.2 2012-05-17 MSGUNTYPOT(1)