Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combining two perl commands into one Post 303045642 by nezabudka on Sunday 5th of April 2020 03:55:26 PM
Old 04-05-2020
Hi
I added a description to the repository. your 'seq' swears either at the wrong format or at the absence of a parameter. Try in the terminal first:
Code:
seq -f'(%.f)' 5

If everything works well then in the script in line 60 add
Code:
echo ${lastn//[!0-9]}
exit

It should output the last record number from the .srt file in the original it is 1237
I tried to run into Debian and also got an error in the first break point.
In fedora 30
Code:
parameters selected: en[source] ru[target] ru[top screen]
file .srt is Ok...
file .text is Ok...
Translating...
1250/1237
file .trans is Ok...
all files are moved to the fil-ass.bd7 directory
done!

Gone to debug
I apologize for the late reply. Notifications do not reach. I need to check spam filter

--- Post updated at 23:26 ---

I push the output files in the 'develop' branch

--- Post updated at 23:55 ---

I found out that Debian didn't work. 'mawk' was installed by default, did so
Code:
sudo apt install gawk
sudo apt install translate-shell
./to.sh file.srt
parameters selected: en[source] ru[target] ru[top screen]
file .srt is Ok...
file .text is Ok...
Translating...
350/1237[WARNING] Connection timed out. Retrying IPv4 connection.
650/1237[WARNING] Connection timed out. Retrying IPv4 connection.
700/1237[WARNING] Connection timed out. Retrying IPv4 connection.
750/1237[WARNING] Connection timed out. Retrying IPv4 connection.
950/1237[WARNING] Connection timed out. Retrying IPv4 connection.
1200/1237[WARNING] Connection timed out. Retrying IPv4 connection.
1250/1237
file .trans is Ok...
all files are moved to the fil-ass.heA directory
done!

Small network problems but everything worked correctly without changes in the script
This User Gave Thanks to nezabudka For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining elements of different commands in history

What is the correct format for a single command that would combine portions of 2 different lines in the command history? I'm using a C shell. Here's a simplified command history to clarify: 4 rm file1 5 ls -ld file2 file3 file4 6 cat file 5 With the above history, what would be the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dbyte
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combining sed commands

I would like to change the lines: originalline1 originalline2 to: originalline1new originalline1newline originalline2new originalline2newline To do this, id like to combine the commands: sed 's/^/&new/g' file > newfile1 and sed '/^/ a\\ newline\\ \\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave724001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combining commands

Hello all, I am trying to list and count all the files of a particular type in any given directory. I can use the commands separately but when I combine them they do not give an output. The command for counting the files is ls -1 | wc -l and for listing all the file of particular type say... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combining two commands.

Is there anyway to achieve "find /home -name "*.bashrc" 2>/dev/null" and "PS1="\n>"" in the same command? I just wanna add a line to the previous command to change the PS1 variable to ">". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple commands

Hi Guys, I am looking to optimze these 5 SSH lines to a single SSH to get my machine to not hang! lol! cat hosts.lst | xargs -n1 -t -i echo 'home/util/timeout 6 0 ssh -q {} top -b > util/{}.top &' >> r_query_info cat hosts.lst | xargs -n1 -t -i echo 'home/util/timeout 6 0 ssh -q {} uname -r... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wick3dsunny
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining two commands that use sar.

hey can anyone tell me how can i combine these two commands so that it is executed only once, but gives me both the results. IDLE=`sar 30 6 | grep Average | awk '{print $1 $5}' ` sar 30 120 | awk '{print $1" "$5}' >> mailx -m -s "$MSG" xyz@abc.com. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Khatri
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combining resukts of ls commands

Hi, I have a directory with some XML files in it. I can use wildcards to get the list of XMLs I want say I have following XMLs in same dir Employee1.xml Employee2.xml Employee3.xml and Salary1.xml Salary2.xml Salary3.xml apart from other .txt .dat files etc I want to write a unix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with combining the ls and 'file' commands

I have a directory of 3000 files without extensions (Solaris 5.10). I would like to iterate the file names through the 'file' command and output their mime types (most are pdf or jpg, but a very few might be psd or swf which show simply as 'data') So, I would like the output of the 'ls'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwallace
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combining awk commands?

I can achieve two tasks with 2 different awk commands: 1) awk -F";;WORD" '{print $2}' file | sed '/^$/d' #to find surface_word 2) awk -F"bw:|gloss:" '// {print $2}' file | sed '/\//!d; s:/*+*: + :g; s:^+::; s: *+ *$::;' #to find segmentation of surface_word Number 1) finds surface_word... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viernes
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining 2 commands

Hello all, I need to send an attachment and text in the body, both in the same Email. Below are two cammand that send the required data in separate Emails. I need to combine them so that I get just 1 Email containing the attachment & text in the body. uuencode ${filename} "${file_}" |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
6 Replies
scds_simple_net_probe(3HA)				 Sun Cluster HA and Data Services				scds_simple_net_probe(3HA)

NAME
scds_simple_net_probe - probe by establishing and terminating a TCP connection to an application SYNOPSIS
cc [flags...] -I /usr/cluster/include file -L /usr/cluster/lib -l dsdev #include <rgm/libdsdev.h> scha_err_t scds_simple_net_probe(scds_handle_t handle, scds_netaddr_t addr, time_t timeout, scds_fmsock_status_t *status, int count DESCRIPTION
The scds_simple_net_probe() function is a wrapper function around scds_fm_net_connect(3HA) and scds_fm_net_disconnect(3HA). For hosts that have multiple mappings, scds_simple_net_probe() handles both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for the supplied hostname. You can retrieve a list of network addresses for the resource by using scds_get_netaddr_list(3HA). The status for a connect to, or disconnect from, an IPv4 target is stored in the first member of the scds_fmsock_status_t array. The sec- ond member contains the status for an IPv6 target. If the hostname that is supplied to this function does not contain an IPv4 or IPv6 map- ping, the corresponding status is set to SCDS_FMSOCK_NA. PARAMETERS
The following parameters are supported: handle The handle returned by scds_initialize(3HA). addr The hostname, TCP port number, and protocol identifier that specify where the process is listening. timeout The timeout value in seconds to wait for a successful connection. Each socket (IPv4 or IPv6) gets the same timeout period, and timeouts proceed in parallel. status Array of SCDS_MAX_IPADDR_TYPES members of type scds_fmsock_status_t. Each member in the array holds a status. This parameter is an output argument that is set by this function. count The number of members in the socklist array. Set this parameter to SCDS_MAX_IPADDR_TYPES. RETURN VALUES
The scds_simple_net_probe() function returns the following values: 0 The function succeeded. SCHA_ERR_INVAL The function was called with invalid paramaters. Other nonzero valuesAt least one connect operation failed due to a timeout, a refused connection, or some other error. Inspect the err field of all members of the socklist array that are set to SCDS_FMSOCK_ERR to determine the exact error. nonzero At least one connect or disconnect operation failed. You can inspect the scds_fmsock_status_t array to determine if the failure was in an IPv4 target, an IPv6 target, or both. ERRORS
SCHA_ERR_NOERR Indicates that the function succeeded. SCHA_ERR_INTERNAL Indicates that an internal error occurred while the function was executing. SCHA_ERR_STATE Indicates that the connection request was refused by the server. SCHA_ERR_TIMEOUT Indicates that the connection request timed out. FILES
/usr/cluster/include/rgm/libdsdev.h Include file /usr/cluster/lib/libdsdev.so Library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scds_fm_net_connect(3HA), scds_fm_net_disconnect(3HA), scds_get_netaddr_list(3HA), scds_initialize(3HA), scds_simple_probe(3HA), scha_calls(3HA), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 7 Sep 2007 scds_simple_net_probe(3HA)