Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grab XML attributes from file with bash script Post 303045637 by RudiC on Sunday 5th of April 2020 09:05:23 AM
Old 04-05-2020
Any attempts / ideas / thoughts from your side?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DOS script to grab the first file in a dir and rename it

:confused: Hello, Is there any way to use the dir command / some DOS Script to select only first file of similar pattern of files in a direcotory and rename it for example, one directory has 5 files abc_1005.txt abc_5256.txt abc_2001.txt abc_2003.txt abc_3006.txt by use script I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav525
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading xml attributes with shell script

Hi, Iam new to shell scripting.I have below urgent requirement I want to read attributes (transaction,documentmode) in xml tag with shell scripting and create a filename with these attribues Xml : <PURCHASE_10 partner="food" version="1.50" timestamp="2009-03-10T09:56:55"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swetha123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Parse XML from bash script

I am completely new to bash scripting and now need to write a bash script that would parse a XML file and take out values from specific tags. I tried using xsltproc, xml_grep commands. But the issue is that the XML i am trying to parse is not UTF 8. so those commands are unable to parse my XML's... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivashankar.g
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rewriting file paths in XML file within bash script

Hi guys, I'm working on a large set of scripts to move files around several servers and manipulate them for our staff. Basically we're shooting things, the videos hit a server and then need organised due to the language they've been shot in. Our XML (designed for Apple's Final Cut Pro) is right... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: omfgbunnies
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash extract all occurences delimited from <name> and </name> tags from an xml file

I need to extract all text delimited from <name> and </name> tags from an xml file, but not only first occurence. I need to extract all occurences. I've tried with this command: awk -F"<name>|</name>" 'NF>2{print $2}' but it give only first occurence. How can i modify it? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ingalex
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML- Sed || Awk Bash script... Help!

Hi ! I'm working into my first bash script to make some xml modification and it's going to make me crazy lol .. so I decide to try into this forum to take some ideas from people that really know about this! This is my situation I've and xml file with a lots of positional values with another tags... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juampal
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grab data from xml block?

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find anything relevant to my question. I have an xml file like the following: <topLevel numberBlock="BLOCK1"> <item="content1" title="Content 1"> <RefPath="path/to/file1.txt /> </item> <item"content2" title="Content 2" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH script to parse XML and generate CSV

Hi All, Hope all you are doing good! Need your help. I have an XML file which needs to be converted CSV file. I am not an expert of awk/sed so your help is highly appreciated!! XML file looks like this: <l:event dateTime="2013-03-13 07:15:54.713" layerName="OSB" processName="ABC"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert subnode in xml file using xmlstarlet or any other bash command?

I have multiple xml files where i want to update a subnode if the subnode project points to different project or insert a subnode if it doesn't exist using a xmlstarlet or any other command that can be used in a bash script. I have been able to update the subnode project if it doesn't point to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
1 Replies
ident(n)						  Identification protocol client						  ident(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ident - Ident protocol client SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require ident ?0.42? ::ident::query socket ?callback? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The ident package provides a client implementation of the ident protocol as defined in RFC 1413 (http://www.rfc-edi- tor.org/rfc/rfc1413.txt). ::ident::query socket ?callback? This command queries the ident daemon on the remote side of the given socket, and returns the result of the query as a dictionary. Interpreting the dictionary as list the first key will always be resp-type, and can have one of the values USERID, ERROR, and FATAL. These response types have the following meanings: USERID This indicates a successful response. Two more keys and associated values are returned, opsys, and user-id. ERROR This means the ident server has returned an error. A second key named error is present whose value contains the error-type field from the server response. FATAL Fatal errors happen when no ident server is listening on the remote side, or when the ident server gives a response that does not conform to the RFC. A detailed error message is returned under the error key. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ident of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ident, identification, rfc 1413 CATEGORY
Networking COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Reinhard Max <max@tclers.tk> ident 0.42 ident(n)