Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ha mailserver, is possible active/active with "constant" connection? Post 303045634 by Peasant on Sunday 5th of April 2020 03:52:15 AM
Old 04-05-2020
A small addon for active active - so traffic flows thru both haproxys.

You need 2 VIP address for keepalived, on one node first VIP is master, on another second VIP is master.
Both will be on one node in case of node failure.

Then, you add third entry on your DNS system (mymail.example.com) -> pointing to those two VIP addresses.
This is the record you 'attack' from outside with your clients.

Since both VIP IP addresses are always active, clients will be always be able to connect to both when DNS is queried.
Client attempts to make a connection to mymail.example.com ( one VIP is returned in RR fashion from the pool of two ) --> HAPROXY --> your mail server.

Setup sticky session in haproxy and make it listen on 0.0.0.0
Be sure to allow VRRP traffic between those two LB.

In case of failure, everything hicks wrote stands, clients connected to failed VIP will notice a short failover and reconnect to second node.
But only roughly 50% of those, since half of those went to another VIP using same DNS record.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Active Network Connection Override

Hi All, I use two Network Connections at work: Wireless and LAN. Wireless network has no limitations, but LAN internet has a web filter. I start a download using my Wireless conn. (At this point, LAN is disabled) But when I activate my LAN connection my download stops immediately. LAN... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalavkalav
4 Replies

2. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract text between two specified "constant" texts using awk

Hi All, From the title you may know that this question has been asked several times and I have done lot of Googling on this. I have a Wikipedia dump file in XML format. All the contents are in one XML file i.e. all different topics have been put in one XML file. Now I need to separate them and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

5. Linux

active mode ftp connection from linux

Hi, We have one java client which connects to a windows server through ftp in active mode and gets files. When we run this client on hp-ux, it is able to transfer 100k files. But when we run the same client on Linux server it is able to transfer only 200 files at max and it is hanging there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urspradeep330
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies
vme_manual_setup(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				       vme_manual_setup(7)

NAME
vme_manual_setup, sys_attrs_vba_vipvic - Describes how to set up VIP/VIC-based Alpha VME systems for use on the VMEbus, including how to modify attributes of the vba_vipvic kernel subsystem DESCRIPTION
VMEbus setup allows you to run the operating system on the following VIP/VIC-based AXPvme and Alpha VME systems: AXPvme single-board computers (SBCs) Alpha VME 4/224 and 4/228 SBCs Alpha VME 5/352 and 5/480 SBCs Alpha VME 2100 system For information about installing the operating system on the listed systems, see the Installation Guide. For information about setting up UNIVERSE II-based Alpha VME systems for use on the VMEbus, see the sys_attrs_vba_univ(7) reference page. See System Configuration Supplement: OEM Platforms for detailed information about the use of the VMEbus on the listed systems, including the following topics: Configuring the vba_vipvic subsystem Configuring VMEbus A32 and A24 address spaces Configuring the VMEbus A16 address space Configuring VMEbus interrupts Using VMEbus hardware byte-swapping modes Sharing memory between big endian and little endian proces- sors Performing VMEbus slave block transfers Performing VMEbus master block transfers with local DMA Using the realtime interrupt-handling routine rt_post_callout The defaults supplied for various VMEbus parameters are listed below. The default values specified should provide proper VMEbus operation for most applications. Be careful when modifying these values; not all adapters support all fields. Parameter Default Meaning -------------------------------------------------------------------- VME_Br_Lev 0x03 Bus request level 3 for master cycles VIC_Arb_Mode 0x00 Arbitration mode is round robin VME_Fair_Req 0x00 VMEbus fair requester disabled VIC_Loc_Bus_To 0x05 Local bus timeout period is 256 microseconds VME_Bus_To 0x06 VMEbus timeout period is 512 microseconds VIC_Rel_Mode 0 Release mode is release on request (ROR) VIC_Syscon 1 System controller VMEbus reset is enabled VIC_Wrt_Post 0 Disable VIC master write posting VIC_DMA_Intrlv 15 DMA interleave gap is 3.75 microseconds (value * 250 nanoseconds) Lmt_DMA_Rd 0 No DMA read limit Lmt_DMA_Wrt 0 No DMA write limit Frce_Hw_DMA 0 Do not force hardware DMA engine fo SMP system A32_Base 0x08000000 A32 inbound DMA window base address A32_Size 0x8000000 A32 window size (128 MB) A24_Base 0x00C00000 A24 inbound DMA window base address A24_Size 0x400000 A24 window size (4 MB) A16_Base 0x00000100 A16 interprocessor communication base address A16_Mask 0x00000000 A16 interprocessor communication mask A24_A32_Ovrlap 1 Inbound A24/A32, if same space, overlap The following VMEbus interrupt parameters provide initial defaults that are later overwritten by system priority level (SPL) values sup- plied by the platform. See the values listed in System Configuration Supplement: OEM Platforms, or query the values at run time using the command sysconfig -q vba_vipvic. Parameter Default Meaning -------------------------------------------------------------------- Irq0_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ level to system SPL map Irq1_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ 1 to SPL SPLDEVLOW Irq2_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ 2 to SPL SPLDEVLOW Irq3_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ 3 to SPL SPLDEVLOW Irq4_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ 4 to SPL SPLDEVLOW Irq5_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ 5 to SPL SPLDEVLOW Irq6_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ 6 to SPL SPLDEVLOW Irq7_SPL 3 VMEbus IRQ 7 to SPL SPLDEVLOW Adapt_Blk_SPL 3 Adapter resource blocking SPL SPLDEVLOW DMA_Access_Space 0 Adapter MBLT I/O access: sparse RELATED INFORMATION
Interfaces: sys_attrs_vme_vba(7), sys_attrs_vba_univ(7), sysconfigdb(8), sys_attrs(5) System Configuration Supplement: OEM Platforms, Device Driver Kit manual Writing VMEbus Device Drivers delim off vme_manual_setup(7)