Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with rsync command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with rsync command Post 303045557 by kalak on Tuesday 31st of March 2020 05:19:19 PM
Old 03-31-2020
The rsync patterns are relatative (with caveats). try:
Code:
rsync -avz --exclude '/wp-content/cache/*' /home/user/public_html/* /dest

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem

Hi, while runninc rsycnc I am getting following error rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at rsync.c(229) any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem!!

I know double posting is not allowed... but I need urgent help on this question... so... please bear with me! I am having a problem with rsyncing 2 directories in my network. Here is the situation: 1. I have a directory tree on the 1 server say: SOURCE 2. I have to rsync this directory tree... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync problem

Hi, I wanna synchronize all the /etc settings from my previous server to new one. (Both of them are Debian Etch 4.0) I used this command: rsync -r -vz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc & rsync -avz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc These commands told me that everything occur perfectly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote problem with rsync

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and hope that someone help me in this problem. I have a filename in LINUX with single quote like this: abs@hosttest:~/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNSROSES> dir You* -rw-r--r-- 1 abs users 2365881 2008-08-25 09:16 You're Crazy.mp3 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_boysito
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with rsync

Hi, I am copying files from one server to the other by rsync utilty. I am giving a list file to the rsync and i am writing it to the log also. The problem is that,rsync is not copying the order in which i have given files and links to the list. I can see it, through the log file. I am giving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem of install rsync on Solaris 10

hi all, I have download latest version for rsync from rsync download web site. I trying install rsync tool to sun solaris 10 (SPARC M4000 server) and but get some error. Please see below: -bash-3.00$ ./configure configure.sh: Configuring rsync 3.0.6 checking build system type...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

7. Solaris

rsync via ssh Problem

Hi all, recently I took over the admin-task for a solaris 10 x86 machine. I would like to use rsync for backing up files via ssh to another machine. There are two machines I have tested with both without success. One is a ubuntu server 8.04, the other one is ubuntu 10.04 desktop. Installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with rsync - connection unexpectedly closed

Hi i am running a rsync between two remote servers but it errors. The rsync command is a follows rsync -aWv -e rsh --stats progress --delete --ignore-errors --exclude .DS_Store --exclude .HSancillary --exclude .HSxmap --exclude .HSResource /raid1/PRODUCTION/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync problem versions out of sync

Hello, I have a report which I am writing as a .tex file, and I am editing from two computers (office and home laptop). I use rsync over ssh connection to synchronise between them and all the rssync commands are written in a Shell script. #synchronise from office computer to home laptop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rsync problem

Hi Guys does any know the cause of this error on rsync: tried transferring files to a remote server in a NFS share directory and i got that error, previously it was ok. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobertG
1 Replies
librsync(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       librsync(3)

NAME
librsync - library for delta compression of streams SYNOPSYS
#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <librsync.h> cc ... -lrsync DESCRIPTION
The librsync library implements network delta-compression of streams and files. The algorithm is similar to that used in the rsync(1) and xdelta(2) programs, but specialized for transfer of arbitrary-length octet streams. Unlike most diff programs, librsync does not require access to both of the files on the same machine, but rather only a short ``signature'' of the old file and the complete contents of the new file. The canonical use of librsync is in the rproxy(8) reference implementation of the rsync proposed extension to HTTP. It may be useful to other programs which wish to do delta-compression in HTTP, or within their own protocol. There are HTTP-specific utility functions within librsync, but they need not be used. A number of tools such as rdiff(1) provide command-line and scriptable access to rsync functions. SEE ALSO
rdiff(1) rdiff and librsync Manual http://rproxy.sourceforge.net/. draft-pool-rsync BUGS
The rsync protocol is still evolving. There may be bugs in the implementation. The interface may change in the future, but it is becoming more stable. Many routines will panic in case of error rather than returning an error code to the caller. Patches to fix this are welcome, but at the current state of development aborting seems as useful as trusting to possibly-incomplete checking in the client. AUTHOR
Martin Pool <mbp@samba.org>, with Andrew Tridgell <tridge@samba.org>. rdiff development has been supported by Linuxcare, Inc and VA Linux Systems. Martin Pool $Date: 2003/06/12 06:03:32 $ librsync(3)