Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with rsync command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with rsync command Post 303045555 by nimafire on Tuesday 31st of March 2020 04:31:45 PM
Old 03-31-2020
Problem with rsync command

Hello
im working on my bash script, in rsync part i try this command to rsync all folders except this folder 'wp-content/cache'
which has tousends of file and i dont want to rsync content :

Code:
rsync -avz --exclude '/home/user/public_html/wp-content/*' /home/user/public_html/* /dest

but output is:
Code:
[root ~]# rsync -avz --exclude '/home/user/public_html/wp-content/cache' /home/user/public_html/* /dest
sending incremental file list
wp-content/cache/css/
wp-content/cache/css/0b3bc.css
wp-content/cache/css/284bc.css
wp-content/cache/css/357e5.css
wp-content/cache/css/42241.css

it start rsync but with folders that i add in exception .

Last edited by Peasant; 03-31-2020 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: Added code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem

Hi, while runninc rsycnc I am getting following error rsync error: received SIGUSR1 or SIGINT (code 20) at rsync.c(229) any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync problem!!

I know double posting is not allowed... but I need urgent help on this question... so... please bear with me! I am having a problem with rsyncing 2 directories in my network. Here is the situation: 1. I have a directory tree on the 1 server say: SOURCE 2. I have to rsync this directory tree... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync problem

Hi, I wanna synchronize all the /etc settings from my previous server to new one. (Both of them are Debian Etch 4.0) I used this command: rsync -r -vz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc & rsync -avz -e ssh someuser@myOldServer:/etc /etc These commands told me that everything occur perfectly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote problem with rsync

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie and hope that someone help me in this problem. I have a filename in LINUX with single quote like this: abs@hosttest:~/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNSROSES> dir You* -rw-r--r-- 1 abs users 2365881 2008-08-25 09:16 You're Crazy.mp3 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_boysito
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with rsync

Hi, I am copying files from one server to the other by rsync utilty. I am giving a list file to the rsync and i am writing it to the log also. The problem is that,rsync is not copying the order in which i have given files and links to the list. I can see it, through the log file. I am giving... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvenu88
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem of install rsync on Solaris 10

hi all, I have download latest version for rsync from rsync download web site. I trying install rsync tool to sun solaris 10 (SPARC M4000 server) and but get some error. Please see below: -bash-3.00$ ./configure configure.sh: Configuring rsync 3.0.6 checking build system type...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
3 Replies

7. Solaris

rsync via ssh Problem

Hi all, recently I took over the admin-task for a solaris 10 x86 machine. I would like to use rsync for backing up files via ssh to another machine. There are two machines I have tested with both without success. One is a ubuntu server 8.04, the other one is ubuntu 10.04 desktop. Installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with rsync - connection unexpectedly closed

Hi i am running a rsync between two remote servers but it errors. The rsync command is a follows rsync -aWv -e rsh --stats progress --delete --ignore-errors --exclude .DS_Store --exclude .HSancillary --exclude .HSxmap --exclude .HSResource /raid1/PRODUCTION/ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync problem versions out of sync

Hello, I have a report which I am writing as a .tex file, and I am editing from two computers (office and home laptop). I use rsync over ssh connection to synchronise between them and all the rssync commands are written in a Shell script. #synchronise from office computer to home laptop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rsync problem

Hi Guys does any know the cause of this error on rsync: tried transferring files to a remote server in a NFS share directory and i got that error, previously it was ok. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobertG
1 Replies
CSS(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CSS(3pm)

NAME
CSS - Object oriented access to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) SYNOPSIS
use CSS; # create a CSS object with the default options my $css = CSS->new(); # create a CSS object with a specific parser my $css = CSS->new( { 'parser' => 'CSS::Parse::Lite' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'parser' => 'CSS::Parse::Heavy' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'parser' => 'CSS::Parse::Compiled' } ); # create a CSS object with a specific adaptor my $css = CSS->new( { 'adaptor' => 'CSS::Adaptor' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'adaptor' => 'CSS::Adaptor::Pretty' } ); my $css = CSS->new( { 'adaptor' => 'CSS::Adaptor::Debug' } ); # parse some CSS from a string $css->read_string( $css_data ); $css->read_string( ( $css_data, $more_css_data ) ); # parse some CSS from a file $css->read_file( 'my_file.css' ); $css->read_file( ( 'my_file.css', 'my_other_file.css' ) ); # output the CSS using the current adaptor print $css->output(); # set a new adaptor and then output the CSS $css->set_adaptor( 'CSS::Adaptor::Foo' ); print $css->output(); # output the CSS using a tempory adaptor print $css->output( 'CSS::Adaptor::Bar' ); # forget about the CSS we've already parsed $css->purge(); DESCRIPTION
This module can be used, along with a CSS::Parse::* module, to parse CSS data and represent it as a tree of objects. Using a CSS::Adaptor::* module, the CSS data tree can then be transformed into other formats. NOTICE
From version 1.00 of this module onwards, backwards compatibility is broken. This is due to large changes in the way data is parsed and then represented internally. Version 0.08 is still available on CPAN: http://search.cpan.org/author/IAMCAL/CSS-0.08/ <http://search.cpan.org/author/IAMCAL/CSS-0.08/> TREE STRUCTURE
The CSS object is the head of the tree. It contains a list of CSS::Style objects which each represent a CSS ruleset. Each of these objects contains a list of selectors and properties. Each selector is stored as a CSS::Selector object. Each property object is stored as a CSS::Property object and contains a list of values. These values are stored as CSS::Value objects. foo, bar { baz: fop; woo: yay houpla; } The above example would be represented as a single CSS::Style object. That object would then have two CSS::Selector objects representing 'foo' and 'bar'. It would also have two CSS::Property objects representing 'baz' and 'woo'. The 'baz' object then has a single child CSS::Value object for 'fop', whilst the 'woo' object has two child objects for 'yay' and 'houpla'. METHODS
CONSTRUCTOR "new()" or "new( { ..options.. } )" An optional hash can contain arguments: parser module to use as the CSS parser adaptor adaptor to use for output ACCESSORS "read_file( $filename )" or "read_file( @filenames )" Read one or mores files and parse the CSS within them. "read_string( $scalar )" or "read_string( @strings )" Read one or more strings and parse the CSS within them. "output()" or "output( 'CSS::Adaptor::Foo' )" Return a string representation of the CSS tree, using either the current adaptor or the specified one. "set_adaptor( 'CSS::Adaptor::Bar' )" Set the current adaptor for the CSS tree. "purge()" Forget all the objects in the CSS tree; "get_style_by_selector( 'selector_name' )" Returns the first CSS::Style object with the specified selector name attached. Returns zero on failure. AUTHORS
Copyright (C) 2001-2002, Allen Day <allenday@ucla.edu> Copyright (C) 2003-2004, Cal Henderson <cal@iamcal.com> SEE ALSO
CSS::Style, CSS::Selector, CSS::Property, CSS::Value, CSS::Parse, CSS::Parse::Lite, CSS::Parse::Heavy, CSS::Parse::Compiled, CSS::Parse::PRDGrammar, CSS::Adaptor, CSS::Adaptor::Pretty, CSS::Adaptor::Debug, perl(1) perl v5.14.2 2008-04-23 CSS(3pm)