Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk to convert dict file to table format Post 303045533 by biofreek on Monday 30th of March 2020 10:10:32 PM
Old 03-30-2020
awk to convert dict file to table format

HI
I have a file that looks like below

Code:
abc
{Seq('GATAGC', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('ATAGCG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('TAGCGG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1}
BBC
{Seq('AGGATA', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('GGATAG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('GATAGC', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('ATAGCG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('TAGCGG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1}
CCB
{Seq('GACGGA', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('ACGGAT', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('CGGATA', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('GGATAG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('GATAGC', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('ATAGCG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1, Seq('TAGCGG', SingleLetterAlphabet()): 1}

I wanted to get something like:
Code:
abc GATAGC
abc ATAGCG
abc TAGCGG
BBC AGGATA
---------------

I have been trying to get the solution in python but wth less success. Is there any easy way to do it in awk?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:) Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on this.........Let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UNIX file format to PC format

Hi All, Is there any way to convert a file which is in UNIX format to a PC format.... Flip command can be used , apart form this command can we have any other way.... like usinf "awk" etc ..... main purpose of not using flip is that my Kshell doesnot support this comamnd.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samtel
1 Replies

5. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the output in table format

Hi All, I have a output like below values val1=test.com val2=10.26.208.11 val3=en1 val4=test-priv1.com val5=192.168.3.4 val6=en2 val7=test-priv2.com val8=192.168.4.4 val9=en3 val10=test-vip.com val11=10.26.208.9 val12=$val3 I want to convet this output values into below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows into columns and create table with awk

Hello I've four fields . They are First Name, Last Name, Age, Country. So when I run a Unix command, I get below output with these fields comes every time in different order as you can see. Some times first name is the first row and other time last name is first row in the output and etc etc..... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprpr
9 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust(3pm)

NAME
Mdust - Perl extension for Mdust nucleotide filtering SYNOPSIS
use Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust; my $mdust = Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust->new(); $mdust->run($bio_seq_object); DESCRIPTION
Perl wrapper for the nucleic acid complexity filtering program mdust as available from TIGR via <http://www.tigr.org/tdb/tgi/software/>. Takes a Bio::SeqI or Bio::PrimarySeqI object of type DNA as input. If a Bio::Seq::RichSeqI is passed then the low-complexity regions will be added to the feature table of the target object as Bio::SeqFeature::Generic items with primary tag = 'Excluded' . Otherwise a new target object will be returned with low-complexity regions masked (by N's or other character as specified by maskchar()). The mdust executable must be in a directory specified with either the PATH or MDUSTDIR environment variable. SEE ALSO
mdust, Bio::PrimarySeq, Bio::Seq::RichSeq, Bio::SeqFeature::Generic FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR
Donald Jackson (donald.jackson@bms.com) APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $mdust = Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust->new( -target => $target_bioseq) Purpose : Create a new mdust object Returns : A Bio::Seq object Args : target - Bio::Seq object for masking - alphabet MUST be DNA. wsize - word size for masking (default = 3) cutoff - cutoff score for masking (default = 28) maskchar - character for replacing masked regions (default = N) coords - boolean - indicate low-complexity regions as Bio::SeqFeature::Generic objects with primary tag 'Excluded', do not change sequence (default 0) tmpdir - directory for storing temporary files debug - boolean - toggle debugging output, do not remove temporary files Notes : All of the arguments can also be get/set with their own accessors, such as: my $wsize = $mdust->wsize(); When processing multiple sequences, call Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust->new() once then pass each sequence as an argument to the target() or run() methods. run Title : run Usage : $mdust->run(); Purpose : Run mdust on the target sequence Args : target (optional) - Bio::Seq object of alphabet DNA for masking Returns : Bio::Seq object with masked sequence or low-complexity regions added to feature table. target Title : target Usage : $mdust->target($bio_seq) Purpose : Set/get the target (sequence to be filtered). Returns : Target Bio::Seq object Args : Bio::SeqI or Bio::PrimarySeqI object using the DNA alphabet (optional) Note : If coordinate parsing is selected ($mdust->coords = 1) then target MUST be a Bio::Seq::RichSeqI object. Passing a RichSeqI object automatically turns on coordinate parsing. maskchar Title : maskchar Usage : $mdust->maskchar('N') Purpose : Set/get the character for masking low-complexity regions Returns : True on success Args : Either N (default), X or L (lower case) perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::Mdust(3pm)