Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Announcement: New Discourse Site to Go Live this Weekend Post 303045429 by Neo on Friday 20th of March 2020 11:08:38 AM
Old 03-20-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
Wait, we'll get a new url?
Or will 'this page' just move to an archive dir?
This site will stay the same, READ ONLY.

The new site will have a new name which I will put in the banner of this site when the cutover is done.

It will be easy to find, do not worry.

All the links here will remain the same for the foreseeable future.... but all the posts will migrate to the new site. In fact, they are all already migrated except for the past few hours. Tomorrow I will make this site read only and do the final "sync" before making this site a "reference site".

All your posts, status and your "thanks" (converted into "likes") will remain the same; except you will have higher status on the new site Smilie

In the future, may work on changing all permalinks on the new site to match this one, but I don't see any compelling reason to do it. For the next few months, both sites will link to each other in various ways.

Cheers.

You can post as normal, as I will sync all the latest posts this weekend when we go "read only"....

Announcement:  New Discourse Site to Go Live this Weekend-screen-shot-2020-03-20-101513-pmjpg

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Setting up Development and Live web site environment

Hi, I am fairly new to unix so please go easy on me.. I have a VPS on which I would like to setup a development and live web site environment and can't seem to work out what is the best technique for doing so. I would like to be able to mirror the live site and have a "check out" and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciantrius
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

IPSec Openswan Site to Site VPN - Big Pain

Hi @all, I try to connect 2 LANs with IPSec/Openswan LAN 1: 192.168.0.0/24 LAN 2: 192.168.1.0/24 This is my Config: conn HomeVPN # # Left security gateway, subnet behind it, nexthop toward right. left=192.168.1.29 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bahnhasser83
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
MM(1L)																	    MM(1L)

NAME
mm - mirror master SYNOPSIS
mm [flags] [package-files] DESCRIPTION
mm is the mirror master. It runs multiple calls to mirror in parallel and handles locking and minimal retry times. As with mirror, mm is a package written in Perl. mm presumes that all the package details are stored in a directory called packages. All the packages for a given site must be in a file whose name is the same as that of the site. So in packages/sunsite.org.uk will be all the package details for the host sunsite.org.uk. OPTIONS
-t Ignore the minimal retry timers. -o site:package Only mirror the given site:package. -debug Enable debugging. If this argument is given more than once the debugging level will increase. Currently the maximum useful level is four. -s Enable status debugging. This will print out the status of any subprocess as it is spawned or as it exits. CONFIGURATION FILE The configuration file is parsed as a series of statements. Blank lines and lines beginning with a hash are ignored. There are are two kinds of statements, controls and site:package details. Control statements are of the form: keyword=value You can add whitespace around the equals. Here is a list of the keywords and their values, any defaults are given inside square brackets: home Directory that mm chdirs to before doing any work. [''] max Maximum number of mirrors that can be running in parallel at any one time ['6'] mirror This is the way to call mirror. Any occurence of $args, $package or $site is replace with the appropriate entry from the package. Any $pkg is replaced with a version of $package with all characters that cause problems in filenames converted to underscore. The default is: exec ./mirror $args -p'$package' packages/$site > logs/$site:$pkg 2>&1 [''] cmd Run the given command. This can occur multiple times. [''] cmdin Run the given command and use its output as mm input. This can occur multiple times. [''] skip Skip the given site:package when it occurs. [''] In addition to control statements there are also package details. Each package details statement is of the form: site:package min-restart-last-ok min-restart-last-notok mirror-args The site and package fields are matched against those in the packages. A mirror will only be run to this site:package if the last mirror run was more than min hours out. The min-restart-last-ok limit will be used if the last call to mirror was successful. If the mirror call failed then min-restart-last-notok will be used. EXAMPLES
Here is a simple mm input file to manage mirroring two packages. home=/public/mirror ftp.cl.cam.ac.uk:JIPS-nrs 20 20 hcrl.open.ac.uk:hcrl-psion 20 20 More usually the auxilly program pkgs_to_mmin will be used to automatically convert the contents of the packages directory into the site:package statements. home=/public/mirror cmdin=./pkgs_to_mmin packages/* AUTHOR
Written by Lee McLoughlin <lmjm@icparc.ic.ac.uk>. 21 April 1993 MM(1L)