Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Four Post 303045267 by Neo on Sunday 15th of March 2020 03:07:01 AM
Old 03-15-2020
VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Four

Test Build 4 on New Server, with changes identified in discourse test builds 2 and 3, primarily:
  • Insuring ruby-bbcode-to-markdown is enabled.
  • Removing line breaks from ICODE to markdown in migration script.
  • Added vbpostid to posts in discourse to setup migrating vb "thanks" to discourse "likes" (not sure if this part will work or not, first time test for this migration feature.)

Chuggin' along again, from total scratch on a new server (and with fingers crossed):

Code:
root@discourse1-app:/var/www/discourse# su discourse -c 'bundle exec ruby script/import_scripts/vbulletin_neo4.rb'
discourse:@localhost wants vb3
Loading existing groups...
Loading existing users...
Loading existing categories...
Loading existing posts...
Loading existing topics...

importing groups..
       20 / 20 (100.0%)  [173261 items/min]   
importing users
     4774 / 138160 (  3.5%)  [182 items/min]

Looks like the "user part" of the migration will take about 12 hours Smilie

Entry in discourse posts table, to set up "thanks" to "likes" migration:

Code:
 vbpostid                | integer                     |           |          |

Let's see if this new vbulletin_neo4.rb code works on the first attempt (if it does, that would be a pleasant surprise).

Note: Will not be migrating private messages (PMs) from vb to discourse in this test run and probably not in the final migration either.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs

Please note, this information was copied from vbseo.com, now showing a database error. This is posted for reference since vbSEO seems to be going out of business: If you ever need to uninstall vBSEO , you can use the following instructions. Make sure you carefully follow each step. Login... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
37 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Two

OK. Like we all do, we learn a lot from tests, test migrations, and so forth. Today, I started from scratch on test migration 2, armed with a lot more knowledge, The main differences are as follows: Installed discourse plugin ruby-bbcode-to-md before starting the install Modified... (30 Replies)
30 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Under Consideration: Migrate the Forums to Discourse

Dear All, After being active on the Node-RED forum for the last few weeks, I have been very impressed with Discourse, and my eyes have been opened. https://www.discourse.org/ but not the paid /hosted offering, but using the open distribution: https://github.com/discourse/discourse ... (52 Replies)
52 Replies
Test::HTTP::Server::Simple(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Test::HTTP::Server::Simple(3pm)

NAME
Test::HTTP::Server::Simple - Test::More functions for HTTP::Server::Simple SYNOPSIS
package My::WebServer; use base qw/Test::HTTP::Server::Simple HTTP::Server::Simple/; package main; use Test::More tests => 42; my $s = My::WebServer->new; my $url_root = $s->started_ok("start up my web server); # connect to "$url_root/cool/site" and test with Test::WWW::Mechanize, # Test::HTML::Tidy, etc DESCRIPTION
This mixin class provides methods to test an HTTP::Server::Simple-based web server. Currently, it provides only one such method: "started_ok". started_ok [$text] "started_ok" takes an optional test description. The server needs to have been configured (specifically, its port needs to have been set), but it should not have been run or backgrounded. "started_ok" calls "background" on the server, which forks it to run in the background. Test::HTTP::Server::Simple takes care of killing the server when your test script dies, even if you kill your test script with an interrupt. "started_ok" returns the URL "http://localhost:$port" which you can use to connect to your server. Note that if the child process dies, or never gets around to listening for connections, this just hangs. (This may be fixed in a future version.) Also, it probably won't work if you use a custom Net::Server in your server. pids Returns the PIDs of the processes which have been started. Since multiple test servers can be running at one, be aware that this returns a list. DEPENDENCIES
Test::Builder, HTTP::Server::Simple, NEXT. INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Installs an interrupt signal handler, which may override any that another part of your program has installed. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-test-http-server-simple@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
David Glasser "<glasser@bestpractical.com>" LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005, Best Practical Solutions, LLC. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENCE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.0 2009-02-20 Test::HTTP::Server::Simple(3pm)