Sponsored Content
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) Linux Benchmarks Filesystem Benchmarks for HDDs and SSDs Post 303045207 by hicksd8 on Friday 13th of March 2020 01:53:03 PM
Old 03-13-2020
Quote:
My production scenario will be webhosting. So it will be 25% write and 75% read. I will test that probably later after the basic read/write tests.
So I reckon that RAID3 will be slightly better than RAID5 (unless you're going to use RAID10 with a large number of members).
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Instructions for UNIX Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: Unzip or Untar STEP 3: make STEP 4: Run STEP: 5: Please login to www.unix.com and post test results along with platform info to: Include (if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

hdds physically

Hi, I've a HP-UX 10x running on HP9000 box and also I have 3 scsi hdd(9Gb), one of them is working. I need to check the other 2 hdd physically. Is there an utility to check them from unix or another way to do it? Thanks.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding Benchmarks

I need a little clarification in understanding why there would be a need for a benchmark file when used with a backup script. Logically thinking would tell me that the backups itself(backuptest.tgz) would have the time created and etc. So what would be the purpose of such a file: touch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

5. Solaris

SPARC T4-1/Solaris 11/Add 2 new HDDs in RAID 0 configuration

Hi, Couple of sentences for background: I'm a software developer, whose task was to create a server software for our customer. Software is ready for deployment and customer has a new T4-1 SPARC, but somehow it also became my task also to setup the server. I have managed to get the server is up... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: julumme
13 Replies

6. AIX

IBM AIX 5.2 cloning Hdds

I have an old IBM Power 5 9111-520 that has data on it but the system is failing. I need to move it to a more reliable server. The current system has two drives and no raid. I would like to setup my "newer" system with raid and two partitions then clone my setup over. What is the best way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BDC80
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)						systemd-detect-virt					    SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)

NAME
systemd-detect-virt - Detect execution in a virtualized environment SYNOPSIS
systemd-detect-virt [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-detect-virt detects execution in a virtualized environment. It identifies the virtualization technology and can distinguish full machine virtualization from container virtualization. systemd-detect-virt exits with a return value of 0 (success) if a virtualization technology is detected, and non-zero (error) otherwise. By default, any type of virtualization is detected, and the options --container and --vm can be used to limit what types of virtualization are detected. When executed without --quiet will print a short identifier for the detected virtualization technology. The following technologies are currently identified: Table 1. Known virtualization technologies (both VM, i.e. full hardware virtualization, and container, i.e. shared kernel virtualization) +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |Type | ID | Product | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |VM | qemu | QEMU software virtualization, | | | | without KVM | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | kvm | Linux KVM kernel virtual machine, | | | | with whatever software, except | | | | Oracle Virtualbox | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | zvm | s390 z/VM | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | vmware | VMware Workstation or Server, and | | | | related products | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | microsoft | Hyper-V, also known as Viridian or | | | | Windows Server Virtualization | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | oracle | Oracle VM VirtualBox (historically | | | | marketed by innotek and Sun | | | | Microsystems), | | | | for legacy and KVM | | | | hypervisor | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | xen | Xen hypervisor (only domU, not dom0) | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | bochs | Bochs Emulator | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | uml | User-mode Linux | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | parallels | Parallels Desktop, Parallels Server | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | bhyve | bhyve, FreeBSD hypervisor | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |Container | openvz | OpenVZ/Virtuozzo | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | lxc | Linux container implementation by | | | | LXC | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | lxc-libvirt | Linux container implementation by | | | | libvirt | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | systemd-nspawn | systemd's minimal container | | | | implementation, see systemd- | | | | nspawn(1) | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | docker | Docker container manager | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | rkt | rkt app container runtime | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ If multiple virtualization solutions are used, only the "innermost" is detected and identified. That means if both machine and container virtualization are used in conjunction, only the latter will be identified (unless --vm is passed). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -c, --container Only detects container virtualization (i.e. shared kernel virtualization). -v, --vm Only detects hardware virtualization). -r, --chroot Detect whether invoked in a chroot(2) environment. In this mode, no output is written, but the return value indicates whether the process was invoked in a chroot() environment or not. --private-users Detect whether invoked in a user namespace. In this mode, no output is written, but the return value indicates whether the process was invoked inside of a user namespace or not. See user_namespaces(7) for more information. -q, --quiet Suppress output of the virtualization technology identifier. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
If a virtualization technology is detected, 0 is returned, a non-zero code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-nspawn(1), chroot(2), namespaces(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)