Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Programming a Telegram Bot Using Node-RED, PHP, and MySQL Post 303045167 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 13th of March 2020 12:16:55 AM
Old 03-13-2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Good job Ravinder.
Always a pleasure to see people learning new things and using that knowledge to solve real-world problems.
Can you use kind of system at your work?
Thank you for encouragement Neo Smilie

Yes, I did some stuff from this one(already written almost 8 to 9 functions).

But in company I believe they will NOT allow Telegram(since it could be information breach; usually sites apps like Whats app, telegram are NOT trusted in firms) so I am thinking to do this with Microsoft's Skype(which is official and is used in firms too). Let me have more hands on with this one at home then I will try to implement this with official communicator etc.

And again yes, its very powerful; right now I written functions for eg-->
  • 1- Know number of opened files in a server(where code is deployed basically for time being, not connected to other servers).
  • 2- Check disk space for mount(will enhance it to take input from user for mount).
  • 3- Check number of running processes in system.
  • 4- Get N number of lines(entered by user value) of log file.
  • 5- Know system's uptime.
  • 6- Starting and stopping tomcat in progress.
  • 7- Installing few software (like tomcat, systemd etc) are in progress.

I will post a detailed version of it over weekend(migration cancelled this weekend).

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Can't uninstall MYSQL from RED HAT ES

Hi Everyone Could you kindly advise on how I should do a chkconfig and uninstalling mysql rpm on Red hat ES.Please check the errors that I'm getting below. :eek: I need to uninstall MySQL completely from my linux system ver 2.4.21-37 and use the chkconfig command to switch it on... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: CollenM
15 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Telegram Bots - Bot Code Examples

I'm currently looking into ways to integrate the Telegram API into the forums: Telegram Bots - Bot Code Examples I'm thinking, first off, to use the Telegram API to get forum alerts and notifications (to Bot or Not?). Second, I thinking of ways to more deeply integrate Telegram into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

3. Web Development

Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR

This problem has been killing me all day, and I cannot solve it. Basically, I am using node.js with the mysql module and it will not connect to the database. Here is the JS code snippet in node.js: app.get("/test", function(req, res) { var mysql = require("mysql"); var con =... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Using Node-RED and MQTT to Monitor Server and Application Stats

After setting up MQTT and testing some ESP8266 and ESP32 modules, where I noted that testing in Programming ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages, I was so impressed with MQTT that I installed MQTT on three different computers, instantly and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Programming

Publish and Subscribe to AES-256 Encrypted MQTT Messages to Node-RED from PHP Scripts

Various Node-Red crypto modules do not work with PHP, so to send an encrypted message from a PHP script (in this case from a Ubuntu server) to Node-RED we need our own code. After a few hours of searching, testing various libs, more testing and debugging, I got this PHP to Node-RED code... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Programming

Node-RED: Writing MQTT Messages to MySQL DB with UNIX timestamp

First, I want to thank Neo (LOL) for this post from 2018, Node.js and mysql - ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR I could not get the Node-RED mysql module to work and searched Google until all my links were purple! I kept getting ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR with the right credentials. Nothing on the web was... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

MQTT, Node-RED, Linux, Apache2, MySQL, PHP, Telegram, ESP32, ESP8266, Arduino

I have just completed the first phase of integrating all these devices and technologies: MQTT, Node-RED, Linux, Apache2, MySQL, PHP, Telegram, ESP32, ESP8266, and the Arduino Uno The glue that binds all this together is MQTT. In fact, MQTT makes this kind of integration nearly trivial to... (1 Reply)
1 Replies