Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Updating my local repositories nightly. Post 303045150 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 12th of March 2020 03:34:36 PM
Old 03-12-2020
Do you have the command that does it (once)?
Then you can put it into crontab with an appropriate schedule.
Read about the crontab with
Code:
man crontab

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Universal Repositories for All Linux Distros

Is it possible to use Other Distro's ( i.e Debian's or Ubuntu's ) repositories in Fedora? If not then what should be done to make common repositories for all linux distros. regards, Arun Maurya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maurya
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where are the repositories located in SUSE SLES 10 SP2

Hi, In SUSE SLES 10 SP2 where are the software repositories located? In CENTOS they are in /etc/yum.repositories or something like that. What does SLES use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Repositories with the *.dump filetype

I've a bunch of repository dumps that I need to include in my shell script to restore from the dump, but first I need to create the repositories first. How do I extract the names of the repository and removing the *.dump for use of the following line? bash-3.00$ ls andromeda.dump alias.dump... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxlee
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nightly job error message when trying to execute script

Hello All, I am getting the following error message when trying to execute the following script. AWK=/usr/bin/awk TR=/usr/bin/tr SED=/usr/bin/sed CAT=/usr/bin/cat MAILFILE=/home//nightly_jobs.tmp mailto=xxx@gmail.com Nigh_Status = `db2 "select TYPE from ETL.LOCK where STATUS <> 0 and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

schedule a job after a nightly reboot

Hello everyone, I want to schedule a job to run immediatly after a successful nightly reboot (at level 2). I have been looking at inittab file and vxvm-startup in /sbin/init.d and other files in init.d but I am still puzzled as where to actually start. I looked at the crontab to see how this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachael
2 Replies

7. Debian

Repositories in sources.list

I'm just interested to know how your sources.list look like. I got some repositories witch give some errors and I would like to clean it up. and when I do apt-get update I get few lines showing errors like 404 , this is how my list look like: # deb cdrom:/ squeeze main # deb cdrom:/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zdorian
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Man Page Repositories - Added jQuery and Bootstrap

I added both jQuery and Bootstrap Javacript libs to all man page repository pages. TODO: I need to add pagination to these repos because most are very large and load to slow on a single page. For the first upgrade, I manually added one new CSS Class (repository) to the main repo tables and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Loading Animation for Large Man Page Repositories

Should have done this 10 years ago, so better late than never: Just added a "loading" animation to the the man page repositories when they load, especially since some are very large and take many seconds to load. See for example: https://www.unix.com/man-page-opensolaris-repository.php ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with an IF statement to compare a list of SHA keys between two repositories.

Hello. My first time here. What I am trying to do is this. FileA is located on a web server FileB is located on local storage Both files contain a large list of information of not only SHA keys but versions, and other information. I need a statement that can compare between FileA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Query
5 Replies
WEBCHECKOUT(1)							    webcheckout 						    WEBCHECKOUT(1)

NAME
webcheckout - check out repositories referenced on a web page SYNOPSIS
webcheckout [options] url [destdir] DESCRIPTION
webcheckout downloads an url and parses it, looking for version control repositories referenced by the page. It checks out each repository into a subdirectory of the current directory, using whatever VCS program is appropriate for that repository (git, svn, etc). The information about the repositories is embedded in the web page using the rel=vcs-* microformat, which is documented at <http://kitenet.net/~joey/rfc/rel-vcs/>. If the optional destdir parameter is specified, VCS programs will be asked to check out repositories into that directory. If there are multiple repositories to check out, each will be checked out into a separate subdirectory of the destdir. OPTIONS
-a, --auth Prefer authenticated repositories. By default, webcheckout will use anonymous repositories when possible. If you have an account that allows you to use authenticated repositories, you might want to use this option. --no-act, -n Do not actually check anything out, just print out the commands that would be run to check out the repositories. --quiet, -q Quiet mode. Do not print out the commands being run. (The VCS commands may still be noisy however.) PREREQUISITES
To use this program you will need lots of VCS programs installed, obviously. It also depends on the perl LWP and HTML::Parser modules. If the perl URI module is installed, webcheckout can heuristically guess what you mean by partial URLs, such as "kitenet.net/~joey"' AUTHOR
Copyright 2009 Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL version 2 or higher. This program is included in mr <http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/mr/> perl v5.14.2 2011-09-25 WEBCHECKOUT(1)